+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Four Horsemen

Another Way

Another Way of doing this instead of confusion of the raid members(esp. for pugs,which is what we were)

Have most of the work go to the tanks, have the two tanks one tanking thane and baron rivendare meet up middle and taunt them off each other and going back to their original corner with the new boss.

The Advatages for this , less moving of entire raid , less confusion of target healing

Disadvantage in 10 man i had no problem with meteor doing any damage while switching but will update later on in 25man

Prot paladins and 4HM

There's one thing you didn't cover, and it's the stupid taunt of the paladin. Righteous Defense - Taunts off 3 targets from the target, forcing them to attack the Paladin. This can cause problems if not co-ordinated through ventrilo properly. You have to make sure the Paladin taunts first and then the Warrior/Druid/DK, and hope you don't have two paladins, cuz then you're bound to have 2 horsemen on the same tank, afraik.

Quote Originally Posted by Narha View Post
    There's one thing you didn't cover, and it's the stupid taunt of the paladin. Righteous Defense - Taunts off 3 targets from the target, forcing them to attack the Paladin. This can cause problems if not co-ordinated through ventrilo properly. You have to make sure the Paladin taunts first and then the Warrior/Druid/DK, and hope you don't have two paladins, cuz then you're bound to have 2 horsemen on the same tank, afraik.
    I just want to share a little situation we had to figure out once we came to this encounter. Our warrior MT got a temp ban "yahoo more loots for me =P" and our only other tank was a pally, as am i. So i was MTing as a pally for this fight and oviously the other pally was "off tanking" so to speak. We had to figure out a way to make the switches go smooth since us pallys dont have a single target taunt, which means once one of us taunts off each other we would just end up pulling both of the horsemen. How we solved this was by the off tank taunting off me grabbing both horsemen then our Deathknight taunt off him then i would taunt off the deathknight. It sounds like a pain but with target of target it went smooth and perfect. Just thought id share it incase another group came down to this similiar situation.

EX: MT tanks "A" OT tanks "B". Upon switch OT taunts "A" off MT, DK taunts "B" off OT. MT taunts "B" off DK.
    Last edited by Tankoom; 12-09-2008 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugbytankk View Post
    Another Way of doing this instead of confusion of the raid members(esp. for pugs,which is what we were)

Have most of the work go to the tanks, have the two tanks one tanking thane and baron rivendare meet up middle and taunt them off each other and going back to their original corner with the new boss.

The Advatages for this , less moving of entire raid , less confusion of target healing

Disadvantage in 10 man i had no problem with meteor doing any damage while switching but will update later on in 25man
    This is also our preferred method. Another advantage here is that your ranged DPS have a little more time during each transition on Thane, since they don't have to move, which helped us by saving us one extra transition.

I have a vid of 10-man 4 Horsemen Achievement coming soon as well.

Hi, Great video thanks!
    This is not a horseman or naxx specific question so feel free do delete, but I would like to know what addons you are using in that video and where I would be able to get them.
    Thanks,
    Boombordan.

Tonight's strat

We ran into an issue with Four Horsemen Tonight, 2 Tanks were a Warrior and Death knight (me). we had War, Healer, and 2 DPS Start out on Thane. While I tanked Baron with another DPS and a healer.

Here is the fun part, we had a boomkin and a resto druid on Lady, and Zeliek respectively. both were stacking on the proper spawn points, but for some reason Zeliek started spamming his AOE nonsense. After 2 wipes we came to this conclusion.

The people who are "tanking" the casters ABSOLUTELY MUST tag them with at least a melee swing, otherwise AoE's go off and you die like dogs. We did not seem to have a problem with tagging the mobs during the mark transitions, but off of the pull these mobs MUST be tagged.

my guild tried this tonight but ran into a little problem w/ the back two horsemen. we had 3 healers so we put 1 on each of the front horsemen, all dps start w/ thane and switch like the video.

in the back we had hunter on one and lock on the other w/ a druid healer. first we had druid stick in middle in range of both of us but found out he was getting both marks on him and was leading to his death then not keeping us up. so we tried having him stick w/ the hunter avoiding getting both marks but failed to be able to heal the lock being out of range.

so whats a good strat for the healer in the back?

We had a similair situtaion where I(DK) and a warrior were setup to "tank" the back two with a resto druid healer to support us. What worked for us was to have the resto druid follow the warrior while I stood as far from my target as possible so the druid could heal me from the aura of the other knight.

So if I was tanking zielik the druid was with the warrior in lady's aura casting heals on me when I needed them. Then he would swap over with the warrior.

wait for 2 meteors in the encounter, that equals 3-4 marks... and tanks can switch without anyone following and taking extra marks.

Quick question, what addon is in the top left hand corner, with player portraits and hp bars??

Would love to know.
    Thankyou

Love the videos.

Advent.

Love the raid guides cider.they have been most helpful in my guilds progression.thanx again.

shaunizan

Had a question bout healing myself as one of the two back tanks.
    I am a boomkin and will be called upon to do this im sure.
    Was wondering bout a rotation for healing my self..... i know this sounds a bit nubbish but i am new to the class and realize i take a bit more damage it seems when i break form to heal myself.
    Thanks for your time and any advice u have for me =D

Quote Originally Posted by Tunaboat View Post
    Had a question bout healing myself as one of the two back tanks.
    I am a boomkin and will be called upon to do this im sure.
    Was wondering bout a rotation for healing my self..... i know this sounds a bit nubbish but i am new to the class and realize i take a bit more damage it seems when i break form to heal myself.
    Thanks for your time and any advice u have for me =D
    actually no because you are not actually tanking the boss. you stand ~20 yards away and just eat the magic damage so the armor loss in moonkin won't matter

also do not forget that barkskin still makes you immune to spell pushback so if you are in trouble use barkskin and get a big heal off.

Thanks for the info. Will make sure i stay far enough away so my face dose not get ripped off .
    Thanks for your t

My 10 guild group seems to be in the same situation with the back two horsemen. Our other guild 10 man can do it just fine, but even with 3 healers for the fight, we cant seem to get it right. Is it possible to have a video from someone healing or at least tanking the back two bosses?

Just wanted to put out there not to try to make a holy pally solo take the back left by himself.. on 25 man he can't heal himself forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Thos View Post
    My 10 guild group seems to be in the same situation with the back two horsemen. Our other guild 10 man can do it just fine, but even with 3 healers for the fight, we cant seem to get it right. Is it possible to have a video from someone healing or at least tanking the back two bosses?
    The back two Debuff time is about one off from the front so dont yell out on vent when your are moveing everyones debuff has a different time. On 10 man all the back has to do is wait for the debuff to hit 3 and run to the other side saving instant heals on the run. You can also heal the other person as they run by. As a pally i would throw up a SS (SS: Sacred Shield) on the druid as he ran past me, he would give me some HoTs.. this helps if the other person is not a healer full time . Also one last note the back left has to move out of black void spots on the floor. The raid let me take this so i could use my Shadow aura to cut down some of the shadow spell damage on me. Hope this helps and gives you some ideas of what you can do! Good luck!

warr and pally tank on 4H

funny little noob moment:

Myself, (warr) on Thane along with dps. Pally on Baron.

The switch off comes up and we go running by each other. My taunt would hit Baron as it should. Except he still chased after the pally. Wipe after wipe after painful wipe. I thought perhaps my +hit was too low (196 + being draenei) and kept thinking my taunts were repeatedly being resisted.

then someone brings up the fact that pally taunt is 3 target. I don't play a pally.

In short, i'd grab Baron and then the pally pull him right back on him.

This information would have been useful when we started the fight imo.

So... after we clear that up, we one shot.

Just a quick note on the 10-man strategy that ultimately worked for us, in case it helps anyone else.

We put a holy paladin on Zeliek initially, and a ret pally wearing his holy set on Lady (note that avoiding the void zones is key to this). A resto druid and prot warrior started on Rivendare, and the rest of us (prot war, holy priest, ele shaman, two hunters, frost mage) started on Thane. We burned Thane all the way down without switching the front two groups, so Thane died during the 4th mark. We blew all DPS cooldowns except Heroism during this. The group of 6 then switched over to Rivendare while the duo who were handling him moved back to Zeliek to let their marks fade and to help out a bit back there. We used Heroism for Rivendare to speed that up a bit. At 3 marks from Rivendare, we had the warrior in the back come up to pull Rivendare off of us until those marks faded. We then took him back and finished him off. From there we all ran to the back and every player just traded places back and forth every 3 marks until both remaining horses were dead. Note that the players in the back of the room were switching horses every 3 marks throughout this.

+ Reply to Thread