+ Reply to Thread

Thread: deep wounds vs cruelty

deep wounds vs cruelty

Right now my favorite build is 12/8/51 that includes both full impale/cruelty/AttT at the cost of 2 points in shield spec, vigilance, and puncture which in my opinion is a worthy tradeoff

however I have also been looking at a build that would switch off a few points in the fury free to pick up deep wounds but I am really not sure how much damage deep wounds would really be using. I could either drop AttT or 3 points in cruelty (which sucks cause its good synergy with deep wounds). Has anyone tried out a build using deep wounds?

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warr...h=021605060302

If Crit > 10% on stat sheet(read 25% with our talents that provide 15% extra crit to SS, Dev, HS, Cleave, Tclap) 3/3 DW deals more damage than 5/5 cruelty.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

oh ok, hadn't realized that a consensus had already been reached on this issue

That's really good to know.

I especially like that gearing to 10% crit lets you save 2 talent points essentially. Although I guess if you're at 8% crit, it's worth it to put 2 in cruelty and the rest in deep wounds?

these are numbers that were drawn up in the Impale vs. Cruelty thread, I'm guessing that DW will beat out Cruelty almost always once you get a high enough dps weapon.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I think basically the leading build result [with DW in tow] is something like this -
    Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

Took me a bit to swallow Shield Spec loss but I'm seeing where that'd be one of the easiest places to take from. Conc blow is another one perhaps, or a little off of Toughness or Focus Raged are also possible, depending on your high-end experiences.

But your build has 59 Prot? I couldn't really see your build for some reason, but goal generally is 15/5/51 with little wiggle room, and you can see where [many] discussions thus end up - AttT vs Cruelty.

I had a variant tossing out a little Toughness and AttT, problem there is you're throwing out guaranteed AP and a little mitigation as you gear up... so I nipped that one in the bud. Also excellent maths came in kicking loss of AttT in the teeth a bit

As noted as you get more Crit, Cruelty falls off a little - so it scales to the reverse in a fashion. Of course with Crit Rating having diminishing returns, pure Crit % is always nice... the argument is it being not likely as nice as AttT or DW though.

If you can actually feel good about no cruelty good deal and I'd head back to 15/3/53 with 5/5 Shield Spec back in. The only thing that might pull me back in even after 10% would be AoE considerations, where reflective damage might get more interesting with the help. Unless I'm mistaken there's no talent to amp block crit, which also procs DW, and I'm not sure AoE/reflect is modelled anywhere yet.

But that's more of a AoE deep-dive anyways (which also brings in slower Wpn) - it just so happens that's where DW gets particularly interesting.

+ Reply to Thread