+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Naxxramas Maexxna

Question...Does Anti-magic shell help absorb any of the damage fromthe web spray or is it too difficult to time?

I'm not certain about the rest of the raid but the only damage I remember taking while tanking this was physical, we never went for nature resist buffs or anything either. you could easily get your anti magic shield off if you have dbm running, i'm just not sure it would do anything for you.

This is a painful, painful boss even a couple months later. I'd say that it's almost essential to stop DPS at 35% wait for a wrap and then go from there. Even then without massive DPS you won't take out 30-35% in 40 seconds thus you have to use the taunting strategy which at worse ends up being a 'sacrifice the OT' strategy. For our runs thus far we've had to rely on Army of the Dead which while not recommended can be used a back up strategy if Cider's isn't working out for you. AotD will be your OT in that case and when doing that it's advisable that melee DPS back up before the wrap. I will also say however that this idea can just as easily be used as a 3rd tank if you simply have a DPS shortage for whatever reason and I will not that the activation/cast time for AotD is long enough that it may not be the most reliable strategy.

Main tank takes normal damage from melee attacks and nature damage from poison shock (frontal cone). Assuming no one is in front of boss, then they take normal damage from adds and nature damage from web wrap.

Stack hots on tank, cleanse poisons asap and save CDs for enrage and time them for web spray. Its one of the few fights in naxx that I like to stack stam and armor for. We don't bother to stop dpsing and it hasn't been an issue.

Stopping DPS is a safety net that ensures that a group with good DPS only takes 1 enraged web wrap.

Guardian Spirit is also useful on the tank during a frenzied Web Spray.

Great Video Ciderhelm!!

One of the strategies my guild used was during her enrage the mt pally would buble and me the ot would switch over until dead after around 10% and then the pally mt would pick him back up. We just wanted to see i this could work because one thing that are mt healler was a preist so they wanted me to pop that stoneform from getting poisens on me at all.
    If ur not tankin' you aint livin'

+ Reply to Thread