+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Maexxna

Naxxramas Maexxna

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)

I incorrectly refer to her Web Spray (the incapacitating spray) as Web Wrap. The actual Web Wrap is the cocoon I refer to earlier.

25-Man Notes
    2 players will be web wrapped instead of one.

Timing
    0:20 Web Wrap on random player
    0:30 Eight spiders spawned
    0:40 Raid-wide Web Spray

At 30% she Frenzies.

Cocoon Locations Note
    There are several posted strategies suggesting Maexxna throws people against the wall in a direct line backwards from her. Players are confirming this. However, there are two examples in this movie where this is not the case, the clearest being at 1:40 -- watch closely as a player on the left is thrown over her body to the back right side.

Take it for what it is. I'd suggest moving your raid behind her and operating under the assumption she'll knock them backwards, because it does seem to be the case in the majority of situations. If you've got more input, feel free to add it!

Quote Originally Posted by Krashtork of Suramar
    I normally offtank this fight as a warrior and put my 2nd tank (Druid, pally, or DK) up as the main tank, even if they are slightly less geared.

I do this because:

1) intervene with safeguard talented is an awesome ability. I have helped prevent more wipes on this encounter with that ability alone than I ever thought I would.

2) It basically garuntees that I will have shield wall / last stand available for the frenzy in the case that the MT does die. I can simple taunt off and pop my stuff and buy the raid an additional 10 seconds or so.

3) I can put Vigilance on the other tank for a 3% damage reduction when BoSanc isn't available.
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 09:57 AM.

I normally offtank this fight as a warrior and put my 2nd tank (Druid, pally, or DK) up as the main tank, even if they are slightly less geared.

I do this because:

1) intervene with safeguard talented is an awesome ability. I have helped prevent more wipes on this encounter with that ability alone than I ever thought I would.

2) It basically garuntees that I will have shield wall / last stand available for the frenzy in the case that the MT does die. I can simple taunt off and pop my stuff and buy the raid an additional 10 seconds or so.

3) I can put Vigilance on the other tank for a 3% damage reduction when BoSanc isn't available.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Interesting insight Krash. I will be doing this fight this week with a prot warrior OT and having his Vigilence will be helpful and him intervening me as well during the spike damage events.

Thanks!
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Intervening without the Safeguard talent is a crap shoot at best. With her frenzied its easily possible for your Offtank to take a good deal of extra damage and die and leave you without an "oh crap" tank for the final percentages.

One tip that I may suggest is having a paladin spec into Divine Guardian. Either a ret or a holy paladin with DG can extend the fight for a decent amount of time. Hopefully giving your raid enough time to finish her off. If your dps is a tad slow and your tank has already blown their own cooldowns, this is a life saver. The 30% frenzy is one of the longer in the game, and if you can not get her from 30-0 in the 40 seconds you have between web wraps, this is quite useful.

As a raid leader, I have gone as far as to make this talent mandatory for at least 1 of our Paladins in our raid to have at all times. It literally will get you through those moments. As an example, during Patch25 we had 2 healers DC at the same time. We managed to win without them simply due to back to back DG bubbles by two of our three paladins in the raid. Do not overlook the "mini raid shield wall" it will save your rear.

I remember watching the original version you created back on Cenarius. I still have it which began my interest in Loreena McKennitt, actually.

Also, I apologize if you've answered this before, but will there be more HD versions of these videos that will be downloadable in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Crystyna View Post
    I remember watching the original version you created back on Cenarius. I still have it which began my interest in Loreena McKennitt, actually.

Also, I apologize if you've answered this before, but will there be more HD versions of these videos that will be downloadable in the future?
    Most likely there will be downloadable versions in the future (as well as audio downloads via Itunes, etc). I have to finish out 5 movies, get some other small projects done, and finish tidying up our guild website before I can focus on the other formats, though.

Loreena McKennitt is really one of my favorite artists. I'm happy to see I got you started on her.

We used Hand of sacrifice during enraged websprays, it helps a lot.

Have two priests most likely, one for sure, but no pallys....Guardian spirit is pretty nice and should be adequate for one wrap each. Going with 3 healers and the third will be a tree so HoTs out the wazoo will be up as well.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Both of the times my guild has done this we've had me(paladin) as the MT. When the frenzy hits I will go through my list of cool downs, sometimes stacking a couple of them. Bubble wall is normally by itself, but stoneform + armor potion is also generally sufficient to survive a webspray, as well as nightmare seed + armor potion. I will also try to Loh right before a webspray as well if it looks like I won't be topped off.

Our dps is low enough however atm that I will run out of tricks and this is when our warrior will taunt her off of me(preferably before I go splat). He will then begin his cool down rotation. Once his cool downs are finished I can still put blessing of sacrifice on him. Also once the changes are made to divine protection/shield etc, I will be able to use divine shield after the warrior taunts off me to give still mini shield wall.

Looking at the two of us combined as one tank this will give us..

2 shield/bubble walls
    2 mini shield walls with blessing of sacrifice and divine guardian
    2 jewelcrafting trinket cooldowns for extra dodge
    1 last stand
    2 armor potions
    2 nightmare seeds
    1 lay on hands.

Our gear as a guild is to the point where we have needed to use every one of these cool downs in order to beat her with the exception of the fact I can't use divine guardian in that way yet until the changes go through
    When divine protection no longer causes the 2 minutue forbearance I will also be able to use divine shield after my cool downs are done and give an additional mini shield wall.

Did this last night as an OT and had trouble picking up the spiders - they would drop, I'd hit them with a thunderclap, and they will still spread and aggro onto random people. Kind of frustrating >.<

I've been watching your movies and waiting for the Maexxna video hoping that there was maybe some mechanic we were missing. Our guild has done quite a few attempts on Maexxna and we always die shortly after the frenzy. Our best attempt got Maexxna down to 10%.
    I play OT for this fight and I pick up Maexxna immeditaly if the MT dies.
    We feel that it is just a lack of dps that we can't kill her. With the DPS we've been bringing we would have to survive 2 or more web wraps after the frenzy to kill her.

Do you think it is realistic to expect our DPS to kill Maexxna before the first post frenzy web wrap? Considering it's only our second week in Naxx and we've only downed 3 bosses so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shatterproof View Post
    I've been watching your movies and waiting for the Maexxna video hoping that there was maybe some mechanic we were missing. Our guild has done quite a few attempts on Maexxna and we always die shortly after the frenzy. Our best attempt got Maexxna down to 10%.
    I play OT for this fight and I pick up Maexxna immeditaly if the MT dies.
    We feel that it is just a lack of dps that we can't kill her. With the DPS we've been bringing we would have to survive 2 or more web wraps after the frenzy to kill her.

Do you think it is realistic to expect our DPS to kill Maexxna before the first post frenzy web wrap? Considering it's only our second week in Naxx and we've only downed 3 bosses so far.
    Off-tank needs to taunt through second web wrap, main tank needs to shield wall through first. It's still pretty difficult w/ a new raid, so don't expect her to die immediately unless your raid gets some lucky crits.

yeh, my guild yesterday with a DK OT, paladin MT, and DPS warrior rotated 3 taunt/shieldwall rotations on her instead of just 2 and barely got her down, all 3 tanks went splat and with <50k health left, the raid just kinda kite/dps/died as they brought her down =x It's still a very tough fight it seems. So much for "lol blizz dropped the ball on raid difficulty. lawlz"

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Cheers for yet another good video.

We have been very confused about the Web Wrap, where she picks a random raid member, and wraps them in a cocoon, and sends them flying to a wall.
    We couldn't find the logic as to where the cocoons were flying. Tactics from other places on the internet, states that the Web Wrap target always will fly to where their backs are turned, but after trying the encounter, we realized that it wasn't so.

Since we couldn't find logic, we ended up tanking her more or less in the middle of the room.
    We have no troubles at all with downing her, but it would be nice to actually know what the real mechanic behind that attack is.

So my question is (gee it took a long time to get to the question, huh? ):
    Will the cocoons always fly to the left, of where we enter her room?

All the best regards

/Tavia

Quote Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
    So my question is (gee it took a long time to get to the question, huh? ):
    Will the cocoons always fly to the left, of where we enter her room?
    The wall to the left when you enter the room is covered in web. That webbed area is where wrapped players end up. Exact position is random though I think.

It will always be the webbed wall, although it can be anywhere along the webbed wall.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

I've tanked Maexx in 10man and offtanked in 25man.
    Some insights.

- STOP DPS a bit above 30%. Wait for a spray. When spray is over immediately pop all DPS cooldowns/hero/bloodlust and finish her.
    - In 25man, she died after the first frenzied spray, in 10man we could not do with less than 2 frenzied sprays. Offtanks taunting off are really useful here.
    - An offtank can pick up AND kill the spiders, they have very low HP and damage, DPS turning off from the boss to kill them is a waste of time, especially under 30%. If DPS wants to help, just throw a SoC/Living Bomb/Mind Sear on the boss and that's enough. Don't alter the normal rotation too much.
    - If all healers stand in the same spot and paladins heal in fury, little spiders will go in the same direction instead of being scattered around. That makes the tanking easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Meche View Post
    The wall to the left when you enter the room is covered in web. That webbed area is where wrapped players end up. Exact position is random though I think.
    Actually, its always a straight linear direction from the boss and where you are standing. Thats why everyone should stack on the same side with a wall close behind you if you were to draw a straight line from the boss, to you. This makes it easy for ranged to turn, nuke the web, then turn back and dps the boss.
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

Quote Originally Posted by klor View Post
    Actually, its always a straight linear direction from the boss and where you are standing. Thats why everyone should stack on the same side with a wall close behind you if you were to draw a straight line from the boss, to you. This makes it easy for ranged to turn, nuke the web, then turn back and dps the boss.
    I'd suggest you watch the movie in this thread where the first web wrap is to the far, far left and a later one is to the far, far right.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcini View Post
    Did this last night as an OT and had trouble picking up the spiders - they would drop, I'd hit them with a thunderclap, and they will still spread and aggro onto random people. Kind of frustrating >.<
    I had this same problem. Next time i'm going to try to hit them with SW first and then use Thunderclap to pick up the strays.

When using thunderclap first if I miss any trying to spin and nail the rest with SW is rather difficult. Having the healers stacking on top of each other should help as well.

+ Reply to Thread