+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blood Tanking & Ebon Plaguebringer Bug

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/...ight-here.html

That's Blood DPS. I'll be trying most of the specs but as my first post states: Im at my GM's whim because if he sees a drop in DPS, he tells me to fix it fast. So yes, I'll get to it.

This is how it's going to break out:

Blood DPS sheet - Check
    Frost DPS sheet - To be worked on
    Unholy DPS sheet - To be worked on
    Dual Wielding dps sheet - VERY far in the future. I don't have the hit rating to help nor am I gearing myself towards a dual wield spec -.- I will at one point, I just need to focus on making sure raiding goes well atm.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Quote Originally Posted by Tonypablos View Post
    It's weird. It could be that I had to do fights where my rotation really really was rough but I found a roughly 300 dps drop on bosses when I was Unholy. Maybe i'm just better at Blood DPS. o.O
    Did you count your Ghoul's DPS?

WWS usually counts it. Granted, I'm notorious when it comes to my ghoul by not paying attention to it and it usually dies rather quickly..buuut...it could potentially be the 300 dps I am missing. Who knows. All I know is Sartharion 25 man atm, I'm pulling a comfortable 2500 dps and that's still in half blues. It'll get better along the way when gear becomes a lot more solid.

Tankspot Moderator

EJ clocks the ghoul in at around 300 DPS, so it very well could be the missing chunk.

Blegh. Might as well do DPS as blood at this point. Or frost. Must test at 80...

And only half a level away...

Frost seems to be the spiky high boom boom spec if it's dps shot. Reminds me a lot of a mage's fire tree. I'll take a look and see...

Tankspot Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tonypablos View Post
    Frost seems to be the spiky high boom boom spec if it's dps shot. Reminds me a lot of a mage's fire tree. I'll take a look and see...
    Goddamnit, Tony, now I'm thinking about DPS.

>:[ I was just in the tanking mindset too!

That's not my fault jeez, you asked me if I calculated frost dps

I solely place the blame on you for this! bahaha. Now. I will answer the following with this:

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=000000000000

however i'm annoyed with the fact I can't finish off that last point in blood. I dislike leaving skills partially empty like that.

Tankspot Moderator

On beta the highest DK damage done (on patchwork) was by a frost DK, think it was 4.5k or so if I remember correctly.

Did some searching and it was this guy....
    deathknight Maximum DK DPS

The scuttlebutt on frost DPS with unholy subspecc is that epidemic doesn't help as much due to the fact that your IT actually hits for a decent amount of damage. Though I do like that build. I might shift a point out of dark conviction for hungering cold, simply because I really like HC for survival/solo purposes.

*ponders*

Yes, HC is nice but unfortunately it's not a DPS increase. So I don't bother adding it in. I'll figure something out and try to get it working.

Tankspot Moderator

Blech

Min/maxing dps I find somewhat distasteful. That's a personal thing, but the DK class has a LOT to offer to raid support, more than just dps. Hungering Cold may not always be great or even useable in raids, but there are certainly places where I would take it for safety sake, one point talent and all. As I think about it, that could actually be a great Frost snap-threat tool for making pulls. Run in/pull back, snap HC when everyone gets in range and HB for a threat spike. That it sets FF on everyone is a nice value.

I have to say, as well, Glyph of Rune Tap + fully talented Rune Tap is some really awesome healing and a great saving grace in an emergency. I won't always hit it on CD, but being able to pop up the tank's/party's health by 10% in a flash instant is pretty powerful.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Oh I will not deny the fact that DKs have great situational talents in which they should be more than happy to have. I'm content to see that we can fill out a lot of roles in a situation when it does arise.

However, let us not push enthusiasts like myself out of the window. My goal in my raid is to input the maximum amount of DPS one can in a raid setting. In that essence, I have to min/max my stuff and make sure I know most if not all my class.

Now, onward to tanking thoughts:

I HATE Frost tanking. With an undying passion.

Yes it's got great mitigation. yes it's got the ability to do some AoE tanking or some single target tanking..but my gods I can't figure out the rotation for a frost spec tank worth my life. Worse, I cannot for the life of me pass 2500 threat as a frost spec. Going from nearly 4.5k to 2k is not something I'm used to and I just don't think I can stay with that on bosses that require to out threat me.

Worse, I decided to go back to Unholy to tank. that went a lot better until we hit patchwerk and I was outtps'ed by a friggen prot warrior. That really irked me and I just wanted to sell all my tanking gear right on the spot. Nothing annoys me more than me not doing my job correctly and at this point I'm at one of those crossroads:

- Stick with DPS only as I seem to be doing much better in that section

- Go with some knowledge and try to keep figuring it out but to the ire of a lot of my guildies because I'm testing stuff.

In the end, option 1 may be what I go for. I just can't stand the frustration of tanking and seeing myself fail at it. Maybe it's just the lack of information, and maybe i"m just giving up far too early for my first time, but I'm one of those people that needs to see strong results otherwise I tend to gnaw at it for a bit before dropping it and focusing on the stronger things within that section that i know I'm good at.

Anyway, enough yacking about my personal dilemna. Frost = baaaaaaaad or probably more like Tonypablos = baaaaaaaad tank

Tankspot Moderator

You too, Tony? I hate frost tanking as well.

Anywho. GOOD NEWS!

Ghostcrawler said:
    We are aware of a few cases in which this is happening. While we don't want the debuff to stack, we don't want anyone to get cheesed out of their disease multipliers either. We'll fix it.
    Yay back to Unholy~

Now to figure out whether I want impurity, AMZ, or Desecration...

+ Reply to Thread