+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye of Eternity Malygos

If you are struggling with some of the features (bugs) that were added with 3.0.8. Check out Yakra's post. We uncovered most of them the first night of 3.0.8 and we usually 1 shot him every time. After the 4 wipe we knew there was something wrong...

But we did one shot him again on Sunday knowing what we do now.

Mirror Shield - Yakra's Reflections on Tanking: 3.0.8 Malygos Bugs - How To Beat Them
    Last edited by 7echno7im; 02-11-2009 at 12:07 PM.

sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but as a paladin tank and my guild only just starting maly 10 man, what's the best gear setup i should be using;
    strong stamina, about 30k hp unbuffed, about 49% pure avoidance
    strong avoidance about 27k hp, about 55% pure avoidance
    or a mix

what kind of stats should i be looking at

Just an off topic question, what unit frames are being used for the 10 man video and what addon is being used for the bottom of the window to make it black like that?

Thank you

I required my guild to watch all your raid videos, they are helpful beyond belief. Thank you.

When everyone has to attack the sparks are they in range for melee dps to attack or do melee attack the boss?

So I've been told by my guild that it's my turn to finally MT Malygos next reset! I tried it a few weeks ago, but unfamiliarity with the encounter caused multiple wipes. Cider, your videos are amazing, but I am teh suck at positioning Maly apparently.

Anyway, I wanna know what the optimal spec is for a warrior tanking malygos. Is Deep Wounds worth the loss of avoidance, or should I go for full 5/5 Deflection and Anticipation? What about Imp. Spell Reflect? Safeguard? Gag Order?

TIA

DPS Meters

Everyone keeps talking about what to do, strafe this, kite that....stack the sparks and watch for the bubbles....
    my guild went in for 4 hours, getting to phase 3 the vast majority of the time but everytime he would enrage and pwn us all...so we assumed that we just werent putting out the DPS required to beat the enrage timer. about how much should all the dps be putting out through the fight in order to beat that enrage timer???
    Level 80 Blood Elf Paladin 0/59/12 Protection
    28654 HP/5794 Mana, 23455 Armor, 51.01% Avoidance, 3571 Honorable Kills

I couldn't give you an "Amount of DPS" but you want to be getting Phase 1 down in less than 5 minutes, less than 4 is better, and the closer to 3 minutes for phase 1 the better.

Phase 2 is more "whacky" but if you can get out of it with 3 minutes to spare you're in good shape. we got our first kill tonight with people dying one by one in P3, and we had about 3:30 going into P3 on our kill.

threat troubles

My guild went into EoE for the first time and we were having alot of trouble with the tank holding agro (druid) if we got more than 1 damage increase buff...is there any tips as to holding the aggro better i could pass on?

your tank needs to generate threat faster and higher. If you take a protection warrior with you they can also place vigilance on your highest threat generating dps.

Doesnt do anything for your MT but lowers the threat of the highest monkey.

The tanks need to keep their rotations up all of the time... whilst positioning. It is the first real test of your tanks imo.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

get him to reroll paladin...problem solved

as a pally i can easily tank him, and not keep my threat rotation going all the time, not sure if it's your druids gear or not, but i seem to have no prob

Some tanks aren't up to the job...

Hey. I've tried to PUG Malygos some times.(know it's not a good idea) And i've respecced dps as the groups had tanks that said they knew the fight and so on. But why dont all ppl do it the easy way and kite the dragon away from the sparks? I dont like the idea of letting a DK Deathgrip them to him, cus he'll loose valuable dps, and the tank should be controlling the fight, not a dps. The tank didn't even pull the boss away when the sparks spawned right behind him.. I'm usually a tank, and i take pride in tanking and taking control over the situation. Why do ppl that dont wanna do anything even wanna tank? i dont understand that...

Neat trick one of our hunters discovered. If you Track Elementals, you can see the sparks on the minimap, making it dead easy to ping where the next one coming after a vortex is.

could you post the good rotation for healer in phase 3?

Sounds like you have an aggro problem, and its probably your tanks rotation that sucks if he is geared for the encounter. Rehardless - If he is your guilds best tank then there are a few things you can do to keep aggro on the tank.

Bring a hunter - even our guilds highest TPS tank had problem holding the aggro, he never lost it even with double buffs, but the DPS were coming rather close to his aggro. If you have a hunter misdirect onto the target, it makes the fight alot easier.

If you have a paladin, have them cast hand of salvation on the highest DPS.

If you have a rogue have them use "Tricks of the trade" on the main tank.

If you still have problems holding the aggro, have your DPS stop during the vortex (you can still hit him with all insta abilities with a 10yard or more range.)

Honsetly, if your tank cannot hold aggro, then it is likely a gear issue on his end or a skill issue.

If you chose the druid to tank over a warrior/DK/Pally because they have the higher HP then you have misread the encounter.

If you have chosen the druid simply because he is your "best" tank, then its probably a gear issue, return to naxx and gear him up.

Quote Originally Posted by choiwafu View Post
    could you post the good rotation for healer in phase 3?
    I target myself. hit 3 five times, then hit 4. Done. Rinse repeat.
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

i was trying to watch the videos for this and the thing says theyre no longer available. if someone knows a link to a working version please let me know. gotta do some homework before raid time tomorrow...thanks in advance...

edit: nevermind...found one that works. thanks anyways. =D
    Last edited by jettzypher; 03-06-2009 at 05:00 AM.

There's a key spot or distance to keep between stacking spark fields, raid group and Malygos? I did my first attemp yesterday, and we reach phase 2 one time, kind a hard, but video help so much

Our setup for Malygos 10

Hello Ciderhelm,

First I would thank you for the great help and inspirition your movies gave me and our guild thru all Naxx encounters. Altrough our guild has great difficulties bringing Malygos down and it is the enrage timer wich is killing us time after time.
    So me and the other officers of our guild try to setup the strongest 10man raid our guild can profite for Malygos. I would love to hear your comments on this and advices. We will have our first shot on march 10, with this setup.

Note: All our players are above 20k health buffed
    Note: We choosed for 2 healers because in our earlyer attempts the overhealing of our third healer was unacceptable

Main Tank - Druid
    - 38k Health, 24% dodge

Healers
    Holy Priest
    - 2122 BH, 290 mp5 w/c, 874 mp5 w/n/c, 15.18% crit, 17.6k mana
    Resto Druid (me)
    - 2179 BH, 363 mp5 w/c, 877 mp5 w/n/c, 12.45% crit, 17.1k mana

Ranged
    Warlock - Affliction - 1834 BD, 370 HR, 16.49% crit, 17.6k mana
    Hunter - Survival - 4519 AP, 235 HR, 30.05% crit, 11.4k mana
    Mage - Fire - 1707 BD, 355 HR, 20.66% crit, 16.4k mana
    Priest - Shadow - 1902 BD, 279 HR, 16.88% crit, 15.9k mana

Melee

DK - Unholy -1503 - 1792 dmg, 3672 AP, 33.54% crit
    Paladin - Retribution - 1487 - 1819 dmg, 3113 AP, 31.19% crit
    Warrior - Fury - 1432 - 1726 dmg, 3282 AP, 29.64% crit

This is best setup I could make of it, tho it will be hard for me and the Holy priest to keep everyone up during phase 1.

Greetings

Yeresaijis
    EU,Lightbringer

Just out of curiosity what should the raid balance be for 25M malygos? approx. atleast not a set in stone build.

+ Reply to Thread