+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye of Eternity Malygos

Quote Originally Posted by Rycharde View Post
    Hey there,

..., however, I was curious if anyone else has ever encountered a peculiar bug during Phase 2. On one of our first attempts, we entered Phase 2 normally. After Malygos' first Deep Breath ability, Malygos flew down and started to bite at us. I had stayed on the ground to run Imp. Spell Reflection on my ranged DPS and healers, and was suddenly taking hits of up to 9k physical damage from Malygos (these attacks could be blocked, dodged, parried, and did miss)....
    • Malygos did not simply start by attacking us. He did not "enter" the fight until he had performed his first Deep Breath ability. Whatever provoked him at that point, I'm not sure...
    Since I have only seen this glitch once, I don't feel I have substantial evidence to bring the bug to Blizzard. However, I was curious if anyone else had encountered this glitch, or any similar oddities. Additionally, if there are any other reports on other sites that I may have missed, please let me know.
    actually our group has had a glitch happen something similar but not all that catastrophic.. wat happened was..

1. when we entered phase 2 everything went as normal, but when he shot a bubble.. where was the bubble??!?... luckly moments after another bubble appeared so we all ran to that 1 asap..

2. later during phase 2 when he did his first breath.. he came down.. well was flying on the ground (half his body was in the floor -_-.. lol) our tank was like .. wtf? should i tank him? .. our raid said.. well hes not doing anything.. just kinda in our way.. n taking part of platform lol... so that made things a little anoying when a bubble ended up near him.. after he went up in the air for another breath.. he stayed up (thank god)

3. another thing was that 1/3 of the bubbles put down we had a raid member or 2 that were receiving FULL dmg from the spells shot at them.. we were like.. wtf u were at like full n then u died.. luckly we only lost 2 cause of that.. 1 which was our tank lol .. he got hit by 2 at the same time n pretty much got 1 shotted

so yea we've experienced some bugs here n there.. more minor n non threathning bugs, and some major.. major as in.. he just bugged out that he didnt do anything lol flew in air n that was it.. couldnt atk him as he was not in range n never initiated the next phase... but these happened a while ago n up to now seemed to b going fine (prolly blizz fixed those silly bugs.. mayb not n we were just lucky not 2 encounter them again)

Yup, we tried him tonight, and he is indeed quite bugged.

His arcane breath had a tendency to hit random raidmembers, who weren't in front of him. Talking about bad breath

We actually managed to get to phase 2, but here he went haywire, and actually came down, starting to attack everyone, which off course spelled a wipe for us
    At that point, we decided to give up.

I have found a few sources of the problem, best one is here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=36388.0

Well, the Eye of Eternity IS Malygos own realm, and he does say this:

Quote Originally Posted by Malygos
    I am without limits here...the rules of your cherished reality do not apply...In this realm, I am in control...
    but isn't he taking his privileges a bit too far

Let's hope for a fix soon - I can't wait to try the real fight again

Hugs to you all

/Tavia

i know i sound like a retard but i think i heard there are adds in the sky while phase 2 are the melle dps supose to fight them when they get on the discs or fight the boss?

They fight the adds.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

I was wondering Ciderhelm, on your pitbull frames, how did you get them color coded to the classes? I have been looking thru mine, and I have not found it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zulika View Post
    i know i sound like a retard but i think i heard there are adds in the sky while phase 2 are the melle dps supose to fight them when they get on the discs or fight the boss?
    They're supposed to get on the discs and fight the "Scions of Eternity",
    actually the boss is not supposed to be attackable during phase 2.
    Since 3.0.8 he's not even targetable at the 2->3 transition.

Hello all,
    I was just over viewing this thread searching for arcane resist discussion/gear and there was no mention. My alt's guild leader is clear in expressing his view about having at least 1 of these two pieces: Cloak of Arcane Evasion with a arcane resist enchant, and the Violet Badge from Kara. Is the reason that i didn't see a mention of arcane resist because the topic is a given? or the fact that it isn't at all necessary (considering both the 10 and 25 man versions).
    Last edited by Orodereth; 01-29-2009 at 11:06 AM.

I've never heard of a guild using it. Not saying that it doesn't happen, but that its not part of the usual strategies. Issue is probably losing DPS for enrage timer as well as skilled healers making it unnecessary, but perhaps some other members of the community have used it.

oh god .. this is my new hatred.

This is a great fight .. for the first 2 phases. Could be a little harder, but still a lot of fun.

Then you get to the damn gimmick portion and I just wanna rip my eyes out. I love my guild but I am pretty sure im gonna pay someone to run me through this for the achievement and never set foot in this hell hole again. I hate these gimmick fights with a passion.

Sorry for the negativity .. just frustrated as hell. Give me Kael and Vashj at the same time over these gimmicks any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rycharde View Post
    Aside from praising the fight and videos here, however, I was curious if anyone else has ever encountered a peculiar bug during Phase 2. On one of our first attempts, we entered Phase 2 normally. After Malygos' first Deep Breath ability, Malygos flew down and started to bite at us. I had stayed on the ground to run Imp. Spell Reflection on my ranged DPS and healers, and was suddenly taking hits of up to 9k physical damage from Malygos (these attacks could be blocked, dodged, parried, and did miss). The healers were having a hard enough time adjusting to the situation without the strain of heavy damage on the MT - by the time Malygos performed his second Deep Breath (this was done horizontally, as he was still sitting roughly in front of me; his anti-magic breaths also shot horizotally across the field before impacting and creating the bubbles), our healers were running on empty. The entire raid then died to nibbles from Malygos.
    Yes, our guild experienced this too, twice. I still have no explanation for it other than just plain horrible bug. We wiped there because it was just plain too chaotic; Malygos blocking the view with his "tender" body and hitting ppl left and right. As I said, no friggin' clue whatsoever what caused this to happen.

Malygos did not interact with the environment correctly; he continued to fly while at ground level, causing much of his body to sink through the ground.
    Yup, sounds like the exact same bug indeed. My condolences. ;-P

Quote Originally Posted by Djoust View Post

This is a great fight .. for the first 2 phases. Could be a little harder, but still a lot of fun.

Then you get to the damn gimmick portion and I just wanna rip my eyes out. I love my guild but I am pretty sure im gonna pay someone to run me through this for the achievement and never set foot in this hell hole again. I hate these gimmick fights with a passion.

Sorry for the negativity .. just frustrated as hell. Give me Kael and Vashj at the same time over these gimmicks any day.
    Have you ever considered of doing Aces High! - Quest - World of Warcraft - this daily quest is actually designed as a rehearsal tool for Malygos P3. Have all your guild/raid do this, the drake you get in the quest has EXACT same abilities as the ones you get in Malygos P3, also the enemy drakes you are supposed to kill have an ability called "Arcane Surge", which is just the same thing that Malygos does.

So, fly high up above the Nexus, find a humanoid with a !-mark on his head on one of the platforms up there, get your test drake and go out with it!

here is our Malygos video with some music if it help seeing things from a different angle... the strat was borrowed from Cider and his gang. Thanks!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Fxj3zsGbmY&fmt=22"]YouTube - Main Tanking Malygos in Eye of Eternity in High Definition[/ame]
    Last edited by 7echno7im; 02-04-2009 at 11:43 AM. Reason: spelling

on the 25man video...what addons are you using for the unit frames, map, buffs, scrolling battle text and action bars? what are they and where can i get them?

i found the grid one, but am unable to identify and find the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Djoust View Post

There is another alternative if you find someone always fails on the shield. By putting 1-2 extra drakes on the healing duty, you might find an easier time to outheal the surges, and let the rest just concrentrate on building up the stack. This might be particularly true, since say if you got unlucky surges 2-3 times in a row, your hard-worked stacks might just falls off and you have to redo it from scratch.

Of course... if the raid fails to move properly as a group, that's another question altogether

Quote Originally Posted by jwizzle View Post
    on the 25man video...what addons are you using for the unit frames, map, buffs, scrolling battle text and action bars? what are they and where can i get them?

i found the grid one, but am unable to identify and find the others.
    if its concerning the video posted by 7echno7im

- barternder4/bongos
    (action bars)
    - xperl (unitframes: player, target, raid)
    - quartz (casting bars)
    - DBM (aka deadly boss mods - encounter spell timers etc)
    - sct/miks scrolling battle text (combat text on the sides of character)
    - recount (dmg/dps meters)
    - squeenix (minimap) - could also be another addon which can look the same (check Sexymap as an option)
    - prat3 (chat enhancement)
    - satrina's buff (change how buffs look and position of them)
    note: i think thats the addon for buffs, not sure if it can do/look the same
    - skinner/CBviewport(something like that) - (gives u that "cinematic" feel aka widescreen / the black areas top n bottom of screen that you see)
    note: for skinner it will also change the look of your tooltips, character frame, achievement frame etc.. you can disable that via options & just use the viewport settings to configure your game

to what i see on the video i would say, and 90% sure those are the addons used
    Last edited by blade86sam; 02-09-2009 at 08:55 AM.

thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by blade86sam View Post

- barternder4/bongos
    (action bars)
    - quartz (casting bars)
    - squeenix (minimap) - could also be another addon which can look the same (check Sexymap as an option)
    - skinner/CBviewport(something like that) - (gives u that "cinematic" feel aka widescreen / the black areas top n bottom of screen that you see)
    note: for skinner it will also change the look of your tooltips, character frame, achievement frame etc.. you can disable that via options & just use the viewport settings to configure your game

I've seen this question asked a few times but not seen a good answer yet.

How do hunters get the spark buff and stay outside of minimum range? We tried all sorts of things last night, but we were never able to find a distance that allowed the hunter and the melee to get the spark buff at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Belak View Post
    I've seen this question asked a few times but not seen a good answer yet.

How do hunters get the spark buff and stay outside of minimum range? We tried all sorts of things last night, but we were never able to find a distance that allowed the hunter and the melee to get the spark buff at the same time.
    This falls on the tank to position Malygos just right. I park him sideways so his side is facing the raid and the incoming spark has to pass thru the raid to reach Maly. I make sure his front foot is almost touching the raise edge of the outer circle on the ground.

I have found that works the best, Melee are told to dps at max range and we make sure the sparks fall right in the center of the platform.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Thanks for the time put into these videos, they are very helpful.

Heads up for healers in the 10 man. We were in a 10 man run last night and our priest & shaman we're saying their instant cast heals were not working, while I was able to cast regrowth, wild growth.

We thought they were bugged or perhaps in yesterdays patch hidden fixes taking away heals in vortex, except for the fact mine were cast and healing.

We checked the combat logs and all heals are landing from each healers.The heals are not showing any numbers above the raids heads for heals. I was seeing heals land on the raid though (health bars going up). Your cast bar may tell you heal failed, or the bar comes up but looks like it got interrupted and closes. Don't stop casting your heals thinking you are unable to cast in the vortex, your heals are indeed casting and landing. This applies to melee also who are thinking they have missed and move directly against Malygos, if you check the combat log your attacks have indeed hit him and you can stay in the spark field for the damage buff (this is keeping in mind the dragon is positioned correctly).

Our paladins however are not able to stun the sparks, is that intentional?

Btw on side note precipitously - abruptly; in a precipitous manner, you were fine in your usage Ciderhelm .
    Last edited by Trulee; 02-11-2009 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blade86sam View Post

- barternder4/bongos
    (action bars)
    - quartz (casting bars)

I use :

Bartender4
    X-perl
    Elkano's Buff Bars
    Omen
    Prat
    eePanels2
    SimpleMiniMap
    MikScrollingBattleText
    TargetCharms
    DoTimer
    DBM

There are more little/hidden ones but that's the majority

I am not using grib for my raid ui, its xperl stripped down. And my buff bar is EBB (Elk buff bar)

+ Reply to Thread