+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Eye of Eternity Malygos

very cool. thanks. Im in a bad cycle of wanting to watch these at work (but cant) then when I get home I log on and play instead of watching.

from whatever testing I've done in PvP as prot, Imp Spell Reflect should reach any of your raid so long as they're within an "arena" sized ring around you. I've been able to protect people from on the bridge in Blade's Edge Arena while he was down below.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Excellent vid Ciderhelm. Good thing you have such an awesome raid group.

Great video, this looks like a really fun fight. You noted that you had improved spell reflect in the video, did you spec into this just for the fight or do you usually take that talent? I'm still sitting at 79 and haven't finalized my spec but I wasn't planning on picking up this talent as it didn't seem very useful other then for pvp.

Yea imp spell reflect is verrrry nice tool to have on malygos. saves healer mana and can also save a random death since the adds can randomly focus someone down at times.

also I don't know why people keep thinking imp spell reflect is a pvp talent, you pretty much have to be melee range of your teammate which means you can't be on your target in pvp and also 4% spell miss is 4% spell miss, works on almost everything even sartharions breath which will save you a ton of damage and even save your life if your guild tries 3 drake sartharion.

Imp Spell Reflect and even just normal Spell Reflect are definitely awesome tools for Malygos. I think alot of warriors (including me) are turned off to imp spell reflect because there seems to be no rhyme or reason to what is reflectable. Obvious magic bolts are often not reflected (Take Gothik's Shadowbolts for example) whereas other things that you'd think shouldn't be reflected are such as Melt Armor or procs/debuffs from many creatures. If I knew for sure that in many fights I could reflect stuff off my group I would be much more inclined to take it.

We used the alternate strategy for phase 3 though where we didn't use flame shield at all and just clumped with dedicated healers moving out of the static charges. I think the lack of combo points showing properly in the UI was giving us alot of trouble but this method we blew him up pretty badly with a couple of us hitting 24 stacks of the dot. Both strats work, we found this one to be easier since the only ways you can die are if you are slow to move or get chain nuked 4+ times in a row by Malygos.

Malygo's damage is no joke though especially on 25 man. That stupid breath can hit for 20k + 20k crit explosion with a melee hit for 10-12k in the middle.

I hope fights go more the way of this in the future. This is a fun and unique encounter that everyone should get to try. The damage is really tough on the raid though I think they are nerfing whirl a bit because right now it is very hard without a priest or druid healer.

Interesting strat of moving malygos instead of the raid. I'm going to try it next time we 10 man him.

Just a warning to anyone who tries using this strat in 25 man though, he breaths every time he lands in this version. Vortex -> Landing -> Breath -> normal scripts. Every time. Even if he vortexes and you get him down past 50%.

A tip for phase 3 with using the shield. The problem with the shield is that it requires combo points on the target you are targeting. But here's the thing, if you use the heal, you get a combo point on your dragon even though you do not target it. This is because there is an option in the game that makes you automatically cast the hot on yourself if you can not use it on the target. So you need to be aware that after you have used the heal(the hot(3)), you only have combo point on yourself(the dragon you ride, not your actual character that is untargetable) and not on the boss. So in that case you need to target the dragon and then press the shield. This is something that can wipe you a lot if you don't know this.

A tip for p1 for every member in the raid. You can choose what way you want to face when you land after a Vortex. If say you want to face south after the vortex, use your character move button, usually right mouse button, and face it south, pretend that you are in the middle already so you face the compass south of your current location in the air. This is an easy way to position yourself as a tank or as any other member in the raid.
    Last edited by Darkwanderer; 12-03-2008 at 02:21 AM.

I might do a 25man video of him soon, if some people are interested in it.

Are you doing this with a single tank and tanking both the Nexus lords? We tried this with 2 tanks, but the OT wasn't contributing much for the majority of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    Are you doing this with a single tank and tanking both the Nexus lords? We tried this with 2 tanks, but the OT wasn't contributing much for the majority of the fight.
    Single tank. Since the Feral Druid off-tank happens to be wearing the same gear he needs for DPS, it made the most sense for him to go DPS for the encounter.

You said "precipitously" low... were you perhaps looking for the word "precariously" low?

...yes, I realize my first post here is, in fact, nit picking someone's grammar, but that just stood out for me, and I thought perhaps I could help someone find the word they were ACTUALLY looking for.

We went into this fight very late last night after our first naxx clear. We didnt have time to look up to much strategy so we quickly watched this video. after one or two tries I was able to identify and kite malygos fine.

the problem we had was with raid healing during the vortex. you mention using instant abilities to dps.. does the same go for healers healing the raid? Can priest use CoH and can shamans cast chain heal or is everyone to spread out?

They seemed to be getting better at it as time went on. and we may just need practice but I was wondering if anyone had tips from a healing perspective during the early phases of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by hbombs View Post
    We went into this fight very late last night after our first naxx clear. We didnt have time to look up to much strategy so we quickly watched this video. after one or two tries I was able to identify and kite malygos fine.

the problem we had was with raid healing during the vortex. you mention using instant abilities to dps.. does the same go for healers healing the raid? Can priest use CoH and can shamans cast chain heal or is everyone to spread out?

They seemed to be getting better at it as time went on. and we may just need practice but I was wondering if anyone had tips from a healing perspective during the early phases of the fight.
    When we did this last night, we used 2 resto druids and 1 COH priest. We had originally had a holy pally for main tank healing while letting the druids take care of raid healing, but the holy pally had to leave and the next attempt we got a coh priest which made the entire vortex part of the encounter a breeze. To be honest, i think a shaman would be the absolute worst healer to bring to this encounter. They cant help much during vortex, their ability to mobile heal is probably the worst out of all the healers, and they just dont offer anything besides totems to a raid. They would not be so bad for main tank healing, but imo kings was just better compared to totems. And yes, healers can cast instant cast heals during vortex. Thats why we were in love with our resto druids last night

Another thing I wanted to throw in. We were having issues in phase 3 when we relied on just one person to heal the entire raid. We found it very difficult (as a pug) to coordinate as a whole and stay out of the lightning orbs. We ended up using the every man for themselves tactic of healing. The only time it caused a problem was when malygoes hit the same person twice with ?surge? was it? It made it alot more managable as we spread out at max distance around Malygos.
    [2-07-08 08:57 AM] Enelrad: hahaha, that and you're ugly! Ugly tanks tank better
    [3-19-08 02:23 PM] Enelrad: Im really a 12 yr old boy from GA
    Notice: You are currently banned from the shoutbox.

I found out something about phase 2 and the bubbles. If you have improved spell reflect YOU CAN REFLECT THE BUBBBLES. My OT and I in the 25 man were spamming our imp shield reflect, and the bubbles got reflected. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
    I found out something about phase 2 and the bubbles. If you have improved spell reflect YOU CAN REFLECT THE BUBBBLES. My OT and I in the 25 man were spamming our imp shield reflect, and the bubbles got reflected. >.<
    While I can't verify this, I wonder if this is the reason we got in that cramped bubble in the movie?

Hey all...

(I'm playing as a Holy Priest in Cider's raids)

As far as healing in the vortex goes...I find COH pretty meh for it. Sometimes it looks as I'm getting the 5 raid heals out of it and sometimes not any at all. Best healing strategy for me has been to make sure everyone is full going into it and throw Renew on the folks that have the lowest hitpoints in the raid. Then, after landing, make sure the tank is ok then heal the raid to full. Anyone with over 20k health won't have a problem making it through the vortex without healing (DKs and dps Warriors: switch to your defensive stances). Those in the 17.5-20k range will need some HOTs.

Also, for clarity, we've also got a resto in the raid doing pretty much the same thing with his hots. So..its not just mine that are keeping the raid up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    While I can't verify this, I wonder if this is the reason we got in that cramped bubble in the movie?
    I must admit, I didn't watch the video past phase one the first time(though I did like the way you did that phase and used it thank you!). Rewatching it now though, you indeed did spell reflect a bubble at about 6:04->6:07 on the video. The bubble bolt graphic comes in, everyone gets knocked back, but the bubble is MIA and your reflect text goes off.

In fact you say "there it is" and then nothing. Heh. I think you mistook your old bubble for a new one because it was on top of it. The timing mechanics pretty much always assure that you SHOULD have 2 bubbles up at any time (3 when a new one hits and the old is fading). And if you look, there wasn't an overlapping bubble on you like there should've been when the new one came in.
    Last edited by Zapp; 12-04-2008 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aushcaus View Post
    I haven't done this fight yet (guild still leveling) but the abilities you gain in ph3 when you get on the red drakes look exactly the same as the ones you get whilst doing the wyrmrest daily above nexus. I'm just guessing this, but if anyone in your guild wanted to familiarize themselves with using the abilities, make sure they have a go at this daily.
    Think this is the quest: Aces High! - Quest - World of Warcraft
    I would like... reemphasis? reiterate? re-whatever... the point that Auschaus had made. The drakes that you got in p3 are EXACTLY the same as the drake that was given to you in that quest. Even when you have already done the daily, if you feel like practicing, you can always talk to the quest giver and she will give you a drake to practice.

So, if you have a raidmember having problems managing their energy for Malygos' Surge of Power, this quest is your best bet to practice (and to keep a clear head when things happens), since your target also have it, but called Arcane Surge (basically, it will kill your drake if you don't have Flame Shield up).

Can someone explain to me about how much time each phase should take? I got the kiting down and such we are using all the static fields and a Bloodlust and we are hitting phase 2 with about 6 mins left, we then enter phase 3 with about 3 mins left. Is this slow? The lowest we have gotten him is 20% at that point there are either too many people dead to make it work or he hits the enrage timer. All I know is Phase 3 frustrates me!

+ Reply to Thread