+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WWS -> TPS converter

WWS -> TPS converter

Since the online WWS -> TPS converter seems to have gone MIA, I've put together a quick offline script to calculate the same information.

It's attached to this post. Caveats:

(1) It's a quick hack. Consider it a reference implementation that can be improved upon. Seriously, though, any programmer with more time than I should be able to take the basic logic and go from there pretty easily.
    (2) It's run from the command line and doesn't have a pretty GUI interface (I'm using a Mac, and any GUI I wrote would be useless for most people, anyway). Supply the URL of a tank's WWS page as the argument, or provide the contents of that webpage in a file and supply the file name. Alternatively, feeding the webpage to standard input works also.
    (3) It's written in Ruby and requires that Ruby is installed on your computer. That said, Ruby comes pre-installed on Macs and most UNIXes.
    (4) I've done some testing to see that the numbers look right, but there are no guarantees. In particular, I'm pretty sure that I missed a few non-standard abilities that generate threat (such as a tank using Stratholme Holy Water on undead bosses), and I'm not sure that I've accounted for all paladin abilities (all common seals should be supported, though).
    Attached Files

Thanks for taking the time to put this together, but I can't get it to seem to work, i have installed ruby and when i run the file i just get a cmd window up with no prompt for an input. Is there a special way I need to activate it? Would very much like to start calculating my TPS properly as want to work out whats improving of hampering my performance.

Regards,

Silthias

took me a while to figure out, but run it like this:

ruby wws-tps.rb <url>

where <url> is the full URL to the WWS of your specific character over the fights you want to analyze. Also, a slight caveat but it barfs on the URLs sometimes unless you put quotation marks around the URL.

Also, I've still seen a few WWS parses where it seems to give you total threat over the entire fight instead of TPS.

Quote Originally Posted by duvar View Post
    took me a while to figure out, but run it like this:

ruby wws-tps.rb <url>

where <url> is the full URL to the WWS of your specific character over the fights you want to analyze. Also, a slight caveat but it barfs on the URLs sometimes unless you put quotation marks around the URL.
    That's an issue with command line interpreters in general -- they all have a few magic characters that they tend to get excited about if you don't quote them. I'm used to dealing with UNIX shells myself, so I forgot to mention it.

Also, I've still seen a few WWS parses where it seems to give you total threat over the entire fight instead of TPS.
    Quite possible. If the script can't extract the duration from the HTML, then it'll just give you the total threat. So, a minor format change in WWS output or other reasons can throw it for a loop. Even if it gives you TPS, it will also give you total threat, too. If you can point me to such URLs, I'll see what I can do

The main idea for this, to be honest, is to give somebody else the basic framework to run with it and provide a "pretty" or online version with more bells and whistles. This may be a bit lazy, but I don't use WWS for my own purposes, so I can only spare so much time for a tool I don't really use.

Got it to work now, thanks for the great little tool And for teh help getting it working.

Regards,

Silthias

Entered this in from a command prompt (DOS box) and tried using the "Run" command line window, and neither approach worked. Both prompted the window to confirm what kind of file it was.

did you install ruby?

EDIT:

I think it was related to the firewall. I used the file method and it worked fine.
    Last edited by Signu; 04-09-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Check out my blog

Good stuffs!

Any chance to add more detailed ability break downs?
    Right now it basically just says
    C:\tps>ruby wws-tps.rb "http://wowwebstats.com/glilaatlynpmm?s=5329-5573&a=3"

Devastate | 32363 ( 11.9&#37

etc.

Any chance to see how many Devasates there were, how many crit, how many missed and so on?

Thanks!

@Signu
    1.8.6 is the version I'm using, and it works fine. Maybe you set it up incorrectly? Did you try the one step windows installer?
    http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.ph...ruby186-26.exe

For your input, I get this output:

C:\tps>ruby wws-tps.rb "http://wowwebstats.com/bstrj2bmep2bw?s=1490-2115&a=12"
    Devastate | 63734 ( 22.5&#37
    Shield Slam | 60943 ( 21.5%)
    Revenge | 720 ( 0.3%)
    Thunder Clap | 3848 ( 1.4%)
    Heroic Strike | 69051 ( 24.4%)
    Shoot | 354 ( 0.1%)
    Swing | 43157 ( 15.2%)
    Earth Shield | 25595 ( 9.0%)
    Lifebloom | 16137 ( 5.7%)
    -----------------------------------------
    ABILITIES | 241810
    HEALS | 41732
    TOTAL | 283543
    -----------------------------------------
    ABILITY TPS | 386
    HEAL TPS | 66
    TPS | 452

Signu, that error would indicate that for some reason you can't connect to the website -- I should probably catch these errors and produce a legible error message in that case. I'll see if I can update it later today.

Gardek, hit/crit/miss information is already available by clicking on the ability in WWS? Or do you mean something different.

No I do mean that. I just remember the online parse used to show a breakdown per ability, so it was easy to tell how many time you used it -> how much threat caused, without bouncing between the TPS parse, and the WWS report. So just figured it would be a "nice to have" feature here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gardek View Post
    No I do mean that. I just remember the online parse used to show a breakdown per ability, so it was easy to tell how many time you used it -> how much threat caused, without bouncing between the TPS parse, and the WWS report. So just figured it would be a "nice to have" feature here as well.
    Gotcha. I'll see if I can put it in without formatting becoming too tight.

i cannot seem to get it to print out the report.

I ran C:\ruby\wws-tps.rb "http://wowwebstats.com/opzwsgpyqquva?s=4321-4570&a=17" with the run command and it comes up with the ruby exe but nothing shows up.

Sorry if this is a noob question but i do not have any experience with ruby.

Hope this is what you were looking for. Added Hit, Crit, Miss, Parry, and Dodge numbers to the table.
    Attached Files

Err. Stopped working for me altogether.
    I get an "Error: No threat data found" on a report which worked before.

The site is currently busy, and has a queue. I didn't touch any of the error handling(It was my first time even looking at ruby code).

Could be that! I was 95th in queue when i tried the address manually. Will try again later

Edit: Working now. Exactly what I meant. Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by gardek; 04-10-2008 at 05:00 PM.

Roana I hope you don't mind but I edited the script to show avg threat per use of a skill.
    The file is attached below but since I can't upload a rar it's zipped using Windows Vista :P
    Can you plz check my logic on it because threat per use (hit + crit no miss although I added miss to be used in something else possibly (like missed out potential threat?)).

Sample output is
    Devastate | 38215 | Landed 58 times | ( 658.9 ATPU) | ( 17.0%)
    Shield Slam | 43076 | Landed 28 times | (1538.5 ATPU) | ( 19.2%)
    Revenge | 19509 | Landed 23 times | ( 848.3 ATPU) | ( 8.7%)
    Heroic Strike | 80607 | Landed 93 times | ( 866.7 ATPU) | ( 35.8%)
    Swing | 20798 | Landed 43 times | ( 483.7 ATPU) | ( 9.2%)
    Thorns | 1947 | Landed 55 times | ( 35.4 ATPU) | ( 0.9%)
    Lifebloom | 20722 | Landed 1 times | (20722.2 ATPU) | ( 9.2%)
    That's from a real WWS for a Prince in KZ fight btw.
    I'm not sure why but Lifebloom shows up as 0 hit and crit even though it shows 22 hit on WWS.
    Is there any associated threat when ILOTP procs for you?
    Attached Files

ilotp heals cause no threat.

+ Reply to Thread