+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Frost resistance gear (25man Sapphiron)

Frost resistance gear (25man Sapphiron)

Hello,

Was wondering what your thoughts were about Frost resistance gear for Heroic Sapphiron, since i talked to alot of my mates who say that its not really needed, but some Frost resist wouldnt hurt... So im kinda confused :P I almost got a full set ready, just need to figure out which gems to put in the different parts.

What are your thoughts bout resistance gear for Sapp? and how much would you wear for the fight.

Zero. We've never used any.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Frost resistance gear is really usefull. Especially before your raid is properly geared up. There is only need for 3 pieces that can be crafted and they have item level of 213, so usually better then what you are wearing.

For our first kill, all but 1 or 2 had the 3 items crafted and Sapphiron went down really fast without any problem.

I tanked him with full Frost resistance gear aswell, put in all +def gems and enchants and easely reached the 540 cap.

Is it needed ? No. But it's defenitly usefull, and considering the pieces are pretty cheap there is no reason not to craft it.

They are really cheap/easy to make this time. I made some for fun while leveling BSing. So, you should be able to get it quite easily if you end up needing it. Its not like farming for your old Hydross nature/ice sets at all. <3 Blizzard

You really don't need frost res for this fight, its so amazingly easy as 25man (My guild 1shotted it) - We may test out the benefits of frost res in the 10man version to allow different setups but it seems pretty much unneeded.

Still, i would suggest getting some frost res gear, this is northrend, theres bound to be at least 1 fight released that is frost res based

If you are a plate wearer I would suggest getting the 3 piece. I believe the mats are 40 saronite bars, 7 water and 7 fire.
    Every other type of armour requires frozen orbs and more expensive mats. When it is that cheap for you it's hard not do your healers that favor. If you still can't get the boss, craft some more.

Note on the fight; It's 100% in every way totally dependent on people standing in the right spot. If people are getting killed by the AoE no amount of frost resist will help. We had 3 suicides, 1 of which was a healer, and still one shot the boss

Aight, think ill try with some Frost gear on =) You wanted to go with +16 def gems in all sockets?

It's not exactly a speed burn fight, so wearing frost gear isn't going to gimp your raid's DPS too much.

I wear the 3 plate pieces with 16def gems and am able to stay above 540 to MT Sapphiron. My healers tell me it's a total breeze keeping me alive. Threat wasn't a problem either. I D/Ced for about 15% in the middle of the fight once, got a lucky ice block on me while I was offline, and when I came back on I still had agro on the boss, lol.

We set up our healers with 2 pieces of FrR (so they can take some dmg to get mana back), and had all our DPS in 3 pieces. It may not be required, but it sure makes it a lot easier.

I use the same set on KT which seems to work just fine to negate all the frost bolt spam.

Whats the new resist cap?

5 x 83 = 415 cap

3 pieces of crafted armor + frost aura will net you 417

To be more specific, there are 5 resistance tiers, ranging from poor to excellent. The amount you need to reach each tier depends on the level of the mob you are fighting. Bosses are level 83 so the tiers look like this:

0 - 82 = 0%
    83 - 165 = 15%
    166 - 248 = 30%
    249 - 331 = 45%
    332 - 414 = 60%
    415 = 75% max

Chest = 115
    Belt = 86
    Boots = 86
    Aura = 130
    -----------
    Total = 417 = 75% max resist

If you choose to only wear 2 pieces...

Chest = 115
    Belt or Boots = 86
    Aura = 130
    -----------
    Total = 331 = 45%

In this case you are just shy of reaching the 332 needed for the 60% tier, so make sure you add in a Void Sphere (+4 resist all gem) in one of the sockets to bring your total to 335 and safely in the 60% tier.

We downed him last night with each person wearing just 2 of the Frost Resistance items. I myself had all 3 and was just dpsing but we 2 shotted him with each person in about 200 FR.

+ Reply to Thread