+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Having some troubles in Heroics

Having some troubles in Heroics

The World of Warcraft Armory

There is my Armory link. Buggered Armory as usual is not showing everything, so add to that socket in gloves, bracers and belt, with +12 dodge in gloves and bracers, and a Stam in the belt.

Also just upgraded to that helm so the Argent Crusade enchant will be going on it asap.

Where should I be looking to further upgrade this current gear? In Heroics I'm taking far more damage then I can mitigate and causing my healer to have trouble keeping up. (It is possible my healer is undergeared as well, tho I am not certain.)

With the current trend of AOE tanking every pull, having to face off vs 3-5 heroic elites is a lot of incomming damage to mitigate. After doing a few heroics last night, I realized that in this gear, I am just too squishy, and I don't know why.

It's getting rather frustrating to have an "ok" set of gear (non heroics are a cakewalk, can aoe tank 2-3 groups if the healer is on the ball) and then fall so flat on my face in a heroic, so any advice on where to go, what key pieces I should focus on first to help out would be much appreciated.

I am pretty much equal in gear with you Cam actually I am a little lower. I ran with a guild group with a mage, priest, lock, rogue, and myself War. It was REALLY hard we ran Violet Hold, and Strat. And we died a lot. After that I replaced the rogue with a balance druid and everything went fine with few deaths in the next heroics. What I realized is that A) I am not fully geared for heroics and neither is the priest. The balance druid was able to pop on some heals during our runs that made ALL the difference. My suggestion is to find a Caster druid or shaman that isnt afraid to help heal when needed and everything will be fine.

My armory link:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

I know my spec is messed up I just havent fixed it yet lol.

There is a nice trinket in halls of lighning that drops off the last boss. get it. It will put you over 450 def rating and you will suffer from teh deminishing values. But you can drop some defense then and go mor into your stam/dodge/parry. If you are going down too fast and your healer is good then i suggest you work on your avoidance and health and armor.

Woops, just noticed I posted this in the wrong forum, sorry about that, if a mod could move it to the correct forum would be great.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, I'll work on that.

Moving it as requested =]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'm in the same boat. SO far I have tanked Azjol Nerub and Utgarde Pinnacle, and both times multiple wipes have occured. The first boss was all we got in UP because everyone had to leave, so it wasn't that big a problem, but the worgen MS'd me down, then the rhino killed our healer and then I died shortly after.

Out of 4 tries in AN, we only got to the boss once, and the healer went OOM and we wiped, then some names were thrown from one of the dps to the healer, so that broke up.

When I spoke to the healer after the AN run, he mentioned my health was low for heroics (20k), but other than that, I was doing fine.

This is my armory, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Drak%27thul&n=Dagmarr. I am having a hard time gaining more stamina while staying uncrittable. Is there anything I can do, or am I just trying stuff that is above my gear level?

Dagmarr, unless the armory isn't up to date, you're missing enchants on helm (Arcanum of the Stalwart Protector), cloak (Enchant Cloak - Steelweave or Enchant Cloak - Titanweave), bracers (Formula: Enchant Bracer - Fortitude), and shield (Enchant Shield - Major Stamina or Enchant Shield - Defense). Also, a better ranged weapon for a tank would be the Weighted Throwing Axe from Sirana Iceshriek).

And as soon as you hit Revered with the Wyrmrest Accord, you can upgrade both your chestpiece and your boots a bit more.

An additional comment:

Quote Originally Posted by Cambras View Post
    With the current trend of AOE tanking every pull, having to face off vs 3-5 heroic elites is a lot of incomming damage to mitigate.
    For what it's worth, I would suggest to simply ignore this "trend" and to play smart.

A lot of it is just some people liking to talk tough, for starters. When I hear a tank or DPSer deriding others for using various mitigation measures in heroic (including, but not limited to, CC and focused fire to take out high-damage mobs fast), there's the problem with them dumping all the responsibility for success on the shoulders of a healer (and usually taking credit for success and blaming the healer for any problems).

AEing trash is what you do when you outgear the instance. If you don't outgear the instance, your primary goal is to make it less work for the healer. That means focused fire, CC, interrupts, and whatever other mitigating measures you have available. The instance isn't going to go any faster when you constantly have to run back or even repair.

Consider this example: Let's assume you're going into the regular (!) Nexus at level 70/71. Your tank, who is a recently leveled alt or new player, has some 11k health unbuffed, may not even be specced for tanking, and is not crit immune (most of the nice +defense gear you get in Outland requires group or instance quests). Keristrasza, the last boss in the Nexus, hits such a tank for 3k+ normal, 6k+ crits. Two back-to-back crits and the tank is dead, and there's not a darn thing you can do about it. That's not counting her breath weapon (3k damage, then 1k damage every two seconds for ten seconds), the fact that everybody is taking constant damage from the cold debuff even if they keep moving, and that the retribution paladin can probably not be bothered to help cleanse the immobilizes.

And, in the end, the group will blame the healer if people die.

In short, don't look to what other people want to do. Do whatever is the best thing for your group to do. WoW players like to play a game of one-upmanship, and it's easy to get drawn into it and deny that content may actually be a challenge for you just in order to not lose that game.

Roana, thank you for listing the enchants. I was unsure about some of them, and now I know what to get.

Roana is entirely right. At first, you should be smart and use CC. Leave the AOEing until after you have the majority of the gear from those instances
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

+ Reply to Thread