+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Sapphiron

He's a level 83 boss so max frost resist should be 83*5=415.

The 3 crafted pieces for each of the 4 armor types provide at least 285 frost resist, so including the 130 from pally aura or totem you'll reach the cap of 415.

I did this fight last week with 2 pallies running frost aura, one on each side for max coverage. I was the only one in the raid that had any frost resist gear on, and I was at cap. I took approx 120k damage from the frost aura during the course of the fight compared to about 290k for every other person.

If you are having difficulty surviving through the fight, I would suggest making the frost resist gear. All the patterns are trainable.
    Advanced Item Search :: World of Warcraft :: Allakhazam.com

Tried this fight last night for the first time on 10man, no FrR gear at all, the main problem is the raid dmg from his aura, our 3 healers went OOM at about 50% with one dps dead before that.

The blizzards and his frostbreath are easy to avoid if people but pay attention, then its just tank and spank, with the odd bith of movement in case a blizzard hits the tank area.

We had no replenishment on the raid, normally we run with a retri pally, but he wasn't there last night.

We are working on obtaining FrR gear bits for this coming sunday night raid on him, hopefully will make a difference to down him then with healers not running OOM and a retri pally in.

I do however feel blizzard didn't tune this fight well for 10man, it is a big jump from the rest of the bosses in Naxx at this lvl, and certain things like replenishment being vital is kind of wrong, compared to how blizzard shouted from the rooftops on how they don't want people to raid stack anymore, seems its a much have On 25man, the chances of having this buff is obviously better, but on 10man, its a DPS slot taken up which isnt flexible.

This fight does not require FrR gear at all, CoH priests run out of mana extremely fast if they are using that to keep groups up, I healed one group on one side by myself by letting prayer of mending bounce, stay close to each other and that should help with mana conservation. Holy pally + resto druid healed the other side easily and we downed sapphiron on the 3rd attempt.

Added Frost Resist note into video for 25-mans and embedded a low res version. I'll try to add a FrR gear list, though if anyone wants to take initiative and post it before I do, I'll include it and cite ya.

Frost Resistance

Crafted Item Frost Resistance

Necklace:
    Pendant of Thawing(lvl70)
    • 2x FelsteelBar
    • 6x Primal Fire
    • 4x Primal Water
    • 1x Mercurial Adamantite

Ring:
    Titanium Frostguard Ring
    • 2x Titanium Bars
    • 3x Eternal Water
    • 3x Eternal Fire
    • 1x Frozen Orb

Cloth:
    Glacial Robe
    • 6x Bolt of Imbued Frostweave
    • 3x Eternal Fire
    • 3x Eternal Water
    • 3x Eternium Thread
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Glacial Slippers
    • 4x Bolt of Imbued Frostweave
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    • 2x Eternium Thread
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Glacial Waistband
    • 4x Bolt of Imbued Frostweave
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    • 2x Eternium Thread
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Set:
    • 14x Bolt of Imbued Frostweave
    • 7x Eternal Fire
    • 7x Eternal Water
    • 7x Eternium Thread
    • 3x Frozen Orbs

Leather:
    Polar Boots
    • 8x Heavy Borean Leather
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    • 4x Nerubian Chitin
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Polar Cord
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    • 4x Nerubian Chitin
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Polar Vest
    • 10x Heavy Borean Leather
    • 3x Eternal Fire
    • 3x Eternal Water
    • 8x Nerubian Chitin
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Set:
    • 26x Heavy Borean Leather
    • 7x Eternal Fire
    • 7x Eternal Water
    • 16x Nerubian Chitin
    • 3x Frozen Orbs

Mail:
    Icy Scale Belt
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    • 4x Icy Dragonscale
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Icy Scale Boots
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    • 4x Icy Dragonscale
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Icy Scale Chestguard
    • 10x Heavy Borean Leather
    • 3x Eternal Fire
    • 3x Eternal Water
    • 8x Icy Dragonscale
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Set:
    • 26x Heavy Borean Leather
    • 7x Eternal Fire
    • 7x Eternal Water
    • 16x Icy Dragonscale
    • 3x Frozen Orb

Plate:
    Icebane Chestguard
    • 16x Saronite Bar
    • 3x Eternal Fire
    • 3x Eternal Water
    Icebane Girdle
    • 12x Saronite Bar
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    Icebane Treads
    • 12x Saronite Bar
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    Set:
    • 40x Saronite Bars
    • 7x Eternal Fire
    • 7x Eternal Water
    Last edited by Nuke; 12-06-2008 at 09:21 AM.

That is hot, Nuke. Thanks! (Is there a cloak that goes w/ this?)

If anyone is particularly adventurous and wants to write up combined mats for each type of gear + cloak/neck if pertinent, please do so!

No i have not found a cloak that goes with it but i forgot the ring that could be crafted which i added in. O and im not sure how you wanted it formatted for the mats if you'd like me to change it i have no problem doing that. I added each items craftable mats along with the mats of the set if theres anything you'd like help with i don't mind at all.
    Last edited by Nuke; 12-06-2008 at 09:17 AM.

That list came out wonderfully. Thanks!

There is always the old trusty Glacial Cloak if you really wanted something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilie View Post
    There is always the old trusty Glacial Cloak if you really wanted something.
    I'm sure that's what I had in mind. Alas, it's too old to be trendy.

Oh! and if you really wanted to get fancy I think Son's of Hodir have a head enchant for Frost resist.

We just attempted Sapphiron today. It was only a partial guild run with about half the raid being pugs (though mostly people I've played with before), so there wasn't much chance for frost resistance other than a totem on one side and a paladin aura on the other. I managed to keep my side up fine, but even with two healers on the other side they were still dying. It turns out our last minute pug healer sucked pretty bad, which was the problem, but to finally get to my question I was just wondering what kind of gear level you guys think healers and dpsers should have to take down Sapphiron and Kel'thuzad. An approximate amount of spell power/attack for healers and dps. I realize there are other things to be considered such as being hit capped, crit chance and mana regen. I'm just looking for some input; maybe some rough estimates from those that have more experience in the instance than myself.

Edit: I'm no longer playing my warrior, having chosen to pursue my holy priest instead.

Get your item level as close to 200+ in every slot as you can, gem for hit, maximum output, and killer regen!. Heroics/badges offer lots of ilvl200 stuff! Chant everything, it all helps, but that is fairly obvious in some respects.

Make sure everyone watched Ciderhelm's vids!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonypablos View Post
    What's the minimum FR here for this fight? I've made a full 3 piece set for my DK for DPS purposes but I'd like to know the raw numbers for both 10 and 25 man if possible.
    We took him down tonight (10 man, first night on him) with only a pally frost resist aura and two healers. The achievement for normal is for everyone to have under 100 frost resist, but I expect that some 25 man gear would be needed to pull that off.

We tryed this 10 man without any frost resistance outside the aura , and realised our raid composition wasnt to well to do it.
    We hade 1 COH priest and two paladins.
    The dmg out put was just to high on the raid , with both groups on a different side of him , people were out of range and eventualy died.
    Will try this evening with the most with atleast 200+ frost resistance unbuffed and i'l post the result of this later on.

If your going to try this 10 man without any frost resistance , i can only advice you to bring two capable raid healers and a retri paladin

Oh and thanx for the awesome guides cider , realy love your work

We did this tonite, we wiped a couple of times trying it with 2 healers with no frost resist in the raid, except for pally buff. Then a lock had to go and we pulled a pally healer in, he healed me, the druid and coh priest healed the raid group. Everyone stayed on one side, bang!! Down goes Saph. I didn't notice that he hit that hard.
    "Resistance is Futile"

I came searching for some Sapphiron tips, and ive gotten a fair amount of them here (and from the original video). Our guild started 10 mans on wednesday, and beat our way through to Sapp yesterday. Most of my peons here have never seen anything else than Karazhan and Zul'Aman, so im quite pleased with our progress.

However, we ran head first into a wall on Sapphiron. I think the main issue was probably the two healers we had (druid and shaman) and the fact that we had nobody along that could supply refreshment - the healers we're at 50% at first air phase.

Do you reckon that another healer, and replenishment from something, will do the trick? Id rather not have to get FrR gear in the 10 man, cause we are a "casual guild", not really wanting to gear 10-15 people with resist gear for *one* encounter

You donīt need FrG gear to do Sapph in 10, just bring a pally with frost aura, this help ALOT. I did Sapph today and we did with 3 healers ( Pally/2 Priests ) and the pally died when Sapph was around 20%.

So we finally got him down after getting a new healer. No one was wearing any frost resistance gear but we did have the paladin aura. I'm not sure who it was that talked about bouncing Prayer of Mending around the raid to deal with the aura damage, but it worked wonders. I had our MT turn Sapphiron 90 degrees to one side and we all gathered where he'd normally be facing. Our OT, a paladin, put on some healing gear and helped out in that respect. With everyone gathered on one side Prayer of Mending pretty much took care of the aura damage (the tier7 set bonus giving an extra PoM bounce helped a lot). Everyone spread out during the fly phase so we had minimal splash damage there. It went very well and I imagine we'll continue using this tactic in the future.

This was of course followed by the realization that I'd forgotten to master loot and another raider accidentally needing Key to the Focusing Iris. Luckily he was a nice guy and we're handling it with the GMs.
    Last edited by Stoutbeard; 12-08-2008 at 02:52 AM.

Killed him yesterday for the first time in 10m in a more casual raiding guild. I'd wanted to take the time to suggest people that are in the same situation as me (not having a top notch raiding core or not having a perfect healing setup -> we killed him with 2 pala's + resto shaman healing) to tell your raiders to get the frost resistance set. Yes it's doable without but it's alot more difficult and the frost resistance will make it alot more trivial. This video seems to suggest people to go in without frost resistance but I personally wouldnt advise this on starting guilds, youll want to get it for the 25m version anyways. (We wiped friday quite a few times due to tank deaths at 40% since healers gotten oom with very little frost resistance, on the kill everyone had at least 2 pieces and it helped alot!)

+ Reply to Thread