+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Naxxramas Sapphiron

Running to the wall to avoid the AoE... first I've heard of that but I imagine it's a bug if it's true so best to not rely on that.

As for not getting to the blocks the best I can do is tell you how my guild runs it. We don't do the split up thing, in fact we all are on one side of Saph dodging blizzards like mad, the only exception being melee DPS who do need to move into Saph and possibly to his other side. This puts us in a great position at the start of the air phase to just worry about not standing too close to each other. The hardest part really about the set up is the blizzards of course as they can be quite aggressive, sometimes sweeping side to side and others away from Saph. Really they are what make this fight hard.

Of course the other key thing is to keep the health of the raid up at all times so that they don't die if they get cursed, a blizzard spawns on them, or if they get chosen to be iceblocked in the air phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Senti View Post
    Running to the wall to avoid the AoE... first I've heard of that but I imagine it's a bug if it's true so best to not rely on that.
    hehee could be...we better start praticing with the iceblocks then

Heya, my guild is currently raiding naxxramas 10-man and is having major problems with just Sapprhiron...

When we raided Sapphiron this tuesday we had too few healers.. so i just have to ask..
    What classes is best for healing during the Sapphiron boss encounter, and what classes are best in healing what?..
    i.e group heals, MT heals and so on.

Thanks in Advance,

Krothos of Lightning´s blade
    Last edited by Krothos; 03-12-2009 at 06:01 AM.

I am a holy spec'd priest. Yesterday was my first time with Sapphiron (25 ver). Its not that I have not done 25 mans before but this fight seemed quite different. We tried 4 attempts then called it. Thats ok...we are still learning.
    My question is...when I do this boss fight do i need to use a different set of gear which is customized with frost resist. I mean most of the curses and counter spells I noticed on my was frost related. maybe drink a potion for frost resist. anything that would help.
    Could anyone post any list of gear that could be created to give max frost resist. I can either make em myself or get it.
    But I am sure before I go to a 25 man Sapp...I should get my hands dirty in a 10 man.
    Nice video and even better explanation.

Ciderhelm what video capture tool are you using to get wow vidoes and what mods are there on your screen.
    Last edited by samskara; 03-22-2009 at 06:24 AM. Reason: updated with proper grammer.

Quote Originally Posted by samskara View Post
    I am a holy spec'd priest. Yesterday was my first time with Sapphiron (25 ver). Its not that I have not done 25 mans before but this fight seemed quite different. We tried 4 attempts then called it. Thats ok...we are still learning.
    My question is...when I do this boss fight do i need to use a different set of gear which is customized with frost resist. I mean most of the curses and counter spells I noticed on my was frost related. maybe drink a potion for frost resist. anything that would help.
    Could anyone post any list of gear that could be created to give max frost resist. I can either make em myself or get it.
    But I am sure before I go to a 25 man Sapp...I should get my hands dirty in a 10 man.
    The key to the Sapphiron fight is keeping an eye out for the path of the Blizzard and staying away from it. If most of the raid does this, it will make it a lot easier for the healers and it will only be the passive frost aura damage that's hurting the raid (except the MT of course).

If you or your raid find yourselves struggling with movement out of the blizzard or healing through the fight in general you can create/buy the Glacial set which will bag you 286 Frost Resistance. This with the addition of a Frost Resistance Totem or Pally Aura along with usual class buffs will be more than enough to resist the vast majority of frost based damage in the fight.

If you are still struggling you could try the 10 man version, which is a lot more forgiving than 25 man.

Quote Originally Posted by samskara View Post
    Nice video and even better explanation.

Ciderhelm what video capture tool are you using to get wow vidoes and what mods are there on your screen.
    This might a necro by me, but since I've healed the fight as both holy and disc-priest I'll offer whatever help I can:

As a holy priest, depending on your healing setup you should probably be on raidhealing. Use CoH everytime it's up. It should top of some people, and possibly proc a SoL that you can use on a DPS who is going low or on the tank. You can also throw up renews on people if they havent got lifeblooms/rejuvs on them already.
    The spell that was probably designed for this fight is Prayer of Mending. Since everyone takes damage, it will jump every second and ease your healing alot. Now, I usually put it on melee. This is just my thoughts about this fight (and might be a bad way to do it) but anyway, our raid is usually positioned like this;

tank SAPPHIRON
    meleemelee

rangedrangredranged

Since the ranged can usually dodge Blizzard, that's not much of a problem. But if you get a blizzard like this;

tank SAPPHIRON
    melBLIZZARDee

rangedrangredranged

The melee might have problem moving out since if they move back, they can't dps. If they move forward, they might be out of range for the heals. So, put yourself in a melee-heavy group, throw in a PoM and use Prayer of mending in case they are getting low. Oh, and remember the SoL'd flash heals on the people close to death.

Hope I was of some help atleast, good luck on Sapphiron!

What is that Add-on you are using that displays the damage on the side and says what is coming up, and when your ability is ready i.e. "Shield wall ready!"

Quote Originally Posted by Emroth View Post
    What is that Add-on you are using that displays the damage on the side and says what is coming up, and when your ability is ready i.e. "Shield wall ready!"

I think Cider uses MSBT, Mik scrolling battle text.

True Knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.
    Agg's tanking guide

My guild is currently trying to take this guy down, and I have a question to ask. We all know that the dps , healers should have frost resistant gear on, however my question is should the tank and off tank as well?
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/9027381QEnka.png"

Frost resist gear

question... when i put on my frost resist gear... am i still going to need a def cap at 540 to effectivaly tank this boss? if not what enchants are recommended for the 3 pieces of pl8 gear for tanking this fight? or do i even worry about frost resist gear for tanking?

I thought it might be worth mentioning, as I haven't found it mentioned anywhere else, that Sapphiron actually has a 15 minute enrage timer. As a warning to newbie groups, I suppose. Guess how we found that one out?

Holy Paladin Advice

Awesome post. I have learned a lot from them. Great job from all of you.
    Any of you has any advice for a Holy Pali on this fight. I noticed that the recomended is to be on MT and other healers on raid. What are the min requirements for Healing and Mana regen. Thanking you in advance.

+ Reply to Thread