+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Sapphiron

We actually use only 2 healers in our 10 man group and it has worked very well for every week we've attempted him. We use myself (a disc priest) and a resto shammy. Only frost resist is his totem or a pally aura if we have on available. No one in the raid uses any of the frost resist gear or enchants. Only time we wipe is when kids are not smart enough to step out of the blizzard, which we rarely encounter. Really fun fight though. First 25 man attempt is tonight!

Hi..

Update from last time.. We have downed him now in 10 and 25 man.. Its getting easier and we only use 2 healers in 10 man. Good setup is if you have a good group is to have 2 really good geared healers with at least 500 mp5 while casting. One should focus on the tank while the other do group heals (so bring a group healing class) Me and my paladin healer are very good healers with over 2k spellpower and as i said 500 mp5 while casting. A good thing is also to bring a druid, either feral or balance to restore mana on the group healing class. PS: Dont bring any dps under 2000 or you will fail. Most should be good geared, 1 or two can be undergeared for this fight but i dont recommend more.

Basicly when we start the fight, we ask that all melee come to the group healer while blizzard is on his foot to lessen the dmg done on the melee. And we mark off the healer so when he/she moves its important the ranged move with her/him. A few good tips for priest healers is to use POM alot. I casted it on every cooldown. i also used COH alot. POH is not recommenable since the casting time is too long. Frost resist is not nessecary for this fight at all, however good gear is

Reason why hes so hard for some is that the last boss is easy. Blizzard done this on purpose.

Wishes

Honeyy

We tried this boss in 25 mans with 3 healers and we werent a full group(23), we downed him to 20%, so we are probably be able to down him tonight with 1 more good healer,we had 2 druids and 1 pally healer for that fight.We all had near 200 frost resist before buffs.So with a good group, 4 healers should be more than enough on 25 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by Camus66 View Post
    we dont know why 2 ppl that where close to the ice block got 1 shotted from full health to nothing....
    Yep, this is why your raid wants to spread out a bit when Sapphiron takes off during an air phase: when she shoots down the ice blocks, everyone in close proximity to the iced player is going to suffer from an AoE damage and it surely can oneshot clothies at least. So be sure NOT TO have your raid clumped up during the beginning of the air phase.

So anyone knows how the ice block really works? why sometimes only one person is my raid is getting it, its driving me crazy...
    About this, I unfortunately don't have any idea - only time I've seen only one ice block, is when the damage caused by the ice block has killed the player it was targeted at.

Anyone know if he has a higher resist to Frost Mages. One of our Top DPS is a Frost Mage.

Hey! Wondering which addons u are using? Can u please write all of them? Realy wanna use them on my tank. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by wowgangz View Post
    Hey! Wondering which addons u are using? Can u please write all of them? Realy wanna use them on my tank. Thx
    Check the Addon section of the site. There is a posting of Ciderhelms UI information.
    Guild Leader of <Deceased> and the level 60 raiding guild, <Vertex>
    I get tired of hearing people complain about "their class" is getting nerfed. You are not a warrior, you are not a priest, you are a HUMAN. You get nerfed when you die.

Quote Originally Posted by honeyy View Post

PS: Dont bring any dps under 2000 or you will fail. Most should be good geared, 1 or two can be undergeared for this fight but i dont recommend more.

I'm not sure if your only referring to the 25 man with dps of 2000 or both 10 man and 25 man, however, this encounter can be completed on the 10 man version without every dps being 2000.

This past weekend was my guilds first down of Sapphiron with 3 healers and use of fr gear we were successful. We only had 2 dps, if I remember correctly, that were at or above 2000 dps for the fight. We grouped the casters on the left side of the room and stayed at max range in a cluster away from the melee so that not all party members were in the blizzared at once.

For the phase with the ice blocks, all the melee ran toward the caster group so that the 2 blocks were close together and this helped eliminate people not reaching the safety of the blocks in time for the Dragon's Breath. It may have taken us longer than most other groups that are better geared, but still doable. We also do not have the luxury of being versatile in our groups either being a casual raiding guild. We were successfull with:

Pally MT
    DK OT
    2 Pally Healers
    Priest Healer
    2 Mages
    Druid (cat form)
    Warrior
    DK

In my opinion, if you can make it to this fight, you have the dps to kill him, its just a matter of dealing with the frost aura, blizzards, and avoiding death from the breath.

This thread is pure gold. The only question I have before my guild attempts Saph, is what gems should I (as a fury warrior) be gemming for my FR gear? I assume strength, but I just want to be sure before I go and accidentally waste gold. thanks!

Edit: I just went for socket bonus and added crit and strength gems.
    Last edited by roaros; 01-26-2009 at 06:04 PM.
    The liver is evil and must be PUNISHED!

Um, my guild had just gotten to frostwyrm lair and we had our first attempt at sapphiron. For some reason I felt like I was taking way too much damage the entire fight. All the bosses up till Sapphiron, I was never below 50% at anytime, however during Sapphiron, it seemed that I could never stay above 50%. I watched the video again in High Res and saw that you were only taking a max of 7k and that was occasionally. Most of the time it seemed you were taking damage between 4-6k including cleaves.

This is were it gets weird, I was taking upwards of 7-9k damage from every type of attack. Now taking into account that I am a DK and do not have a shield, I shouldn't be taking that much of a difference in damage should I?! I think that my gear is pretty much on par for the fight, and the damage I'm taking from the Frost Aura is not of note (I have natural 80 resist and than the remainder of the fight my resist will be upwars of 230). I rarely get hit by the blizzard, as if at all.

Is there anything you can help me with or let me know that I might be doing wrong, or something that I can do different to mitigate more damage?

PS I use frost presence and it doesn't show up in armory, but I have 27.5k armor and hit points, unbuffed.

WoW Armory - Zauz

Last note: We have a Paladin healer and a Druid healer.

We tried Sapphiron out for the first time today and we had no chance whatsoever against him. We used 3 healers on the first and second attempts, however the damage that the raid took was too much to handle, so we had me healing aswell instead and our offtank doing the tanking.
    But still with 4 healers we stood no chance of healing the massive damage that the raid was taking.
    Does anyone have any tips on what to do so the raid doesnt take all that much damage? it seems that even if we were able to heal it, we would go oom fairly soon anyway and thus fail from that instead.

Thanks in advance //Flax

Hi all,

I am RL in my guild and we cleared naxx in 10man and finally last night we went up to sapphiron in 25man. We did only 1 try on him as it was way way late for our casual time

Now my question/problem is, after the normalization/nerf on AoE healing is it still logical to keep your raid on one side?

We have everyone with at least 2 pieces of frost gear (so 175+)

I am asking this because when I said i want to split raid into 2 sides basically i was blamed on not reading the guides but I actually read most guides around while watching the vids here (thx ciderhelm btw ) and I did caught majority of the guides are focused on 1 side tactic which probably led raid members to consider me as a lazy one heh...such is life of a RL sometimes to get the blame.

Anyway my point is, in what situations you would still prefer keeping your raid on one side for 25man runs or you would not? I think we had 6-7 melee in our group and that is usually the case which made me think that splitting into 2 is best.

All tips are appreciated for 25mans, as I kind of feel annoyed by people who read wiki and accuse ppl for not reading stuff. I, in a way, need a proof for myself that I wasn't lousy on thinking we had too much melee who would have to switch because of the chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxman View Post
    We tried Sapphiron out for the first time today and we had no chance whatsoever against him. We used 3 healers on the first and second attempts, however the damage that the raid took was too much to handle, so we had me healing aswell instead and our offtank doing the tanking.
    But still with 4 healers we stood no chance of healing the massive damage that the raid was taking.
    Does anyone have any tips on what to do so the raid doesnt take all that much damage? it seems that even if we were able to heal it, we would go oom fairly soon anyway and thus fail from that instead.

Thanks in advance //Flax
    Overhealing. If you can down Patchwerk, you can manage Sapphiron; it's a matter of managing your heals so that you're not all wasting a ton of heals on the same people. Also make sure to utilize your mana-saving and gaining talents to their fullest; Paladin's Judgments of the Wise being one of them. If you have a Paladin, I generally recommend sticking them on the Main Tank; and having druids, priests and shamans (who have better raid healing abilities) on the raid. If you still have serious problems after sorting out healing assignments and innate mana saving talents, you'll have to consider Frost Resist gear.

For less coordinated groups; I find that an easier to implement strategy than what Cider is showing is to simply have the tank turn Sapphiron to the left and keep everyone together in the front of the room. The reason for this is twofold; it can become burdensome when a player moves out of range of a healer; frost totem or otherwise. Second, nobody will get hit by a Cleave if the tank executes this right.

If you stack up in this manner, everyone's in range of the healers and decursers at all times, and because there are only 10 people, it's pretty easy to Vent-command the raid to spread out during air phases.
    Last edited by Angry Grimace; 01-30-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    Tried this fight last night for the first time on 10man, no FrR gear at all, the main problem is the raid dmg from his aura, our 3 healers went OOM at about 50% with one dps dead before that.

The blizzards and his frostbreath are easy to avoid if people but pay attention, then its just tank and spank, with the odd bith of movement in case a blizzard hits the tank area.

We had no replenishment on the raid, normally we run with a retri pally, but he wasn't there last night.

We are working on obtaining FrR gear bits for this coming sunday night raid on him, hopefully will make a difference to down him then with healers not running OOM and a retri pally in.

I do however feel blizzard didn't tune this fight well for 10man, it is a big jump from the rest of the bosses in Naxx at this lvl, and certain things like replenishment being vital is kind of wrong, compared to how blizzard shouted from the rooftops on how they don't want people to raid stack anymore, seems its a much have On 25man, the chances of having this buff is obviously better, but on 10man, its a DPS slot taken up which isnt flexible.
    Thank GOD its a big jump from the rest of Naxxx... Rest of Naxx is just too easy!
    That said, Im looking forward to the 25 man version and hope for the best
    Thanks for the tacs and may the RNG be wth us all
    Hi lol! Turalyon: Asheowyn <Vision> - fury/tank Warrior // Anessa <Vision> - blood/frost tank DK

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxman View Post

Thanks in advance //Flax
    We had a similar problem. After attempting the fight 3 times, everyone went out and either crafted or bought FR gear. Each of us had equipped 1-3 FR pieces, on our second try with the FR gear we were easliy successful. We had 2 holy pallies and a Priest as heals.

I understand that this might not be a perspective you cater to but would there be somewhere I might be able to find a perspective on this fight for a pally healer? I found myself running for *very* large areas and periods of time to get out of the blizzard, and couldnt find a way to move that both avoided the blizzard and stayed in range of tanks and out of cleave range.

Hello!!! My guild finnaly has downed Saph on 10man thanx to your vids Cidehelm!!! A couple of us have alrdy downed it on 25 from a pug. when we down Saph, our group compostion was a frost dk tank, bear tank, resto druid, 2 holy pallies, unholy dps dk, myself(ret pally) 2 demo/afflic locks, and a survival hunter. We downed him on our 3rd attempt. All the dps either had all 3pieces or atleast 1 piece of the frost resist set. The healers and the tanks did not have nay, to keep there D cap up. the ot helped dps in cat form. We all stay on one side to maximize heals, and to also kinda control where the iceblocks went. It worked out great, considering it was alot of people first time at the fight, like 80% of raid(druid healer and myself have downed saph in 25pug and alsin been here countless times before with an old guild, this is a new guild we formed, with all new raiders) we had 1 healadin on tank the whole time, resto druid and other healadin on raid. like i said, 3rd shot we killed him. Thwe frost resit helsp the healers out big time, but as we all gear up, only resist we will have soon is either the druid buff, or the dk frost aura. good luck guys.

First guild run for 10 man naxx with no frost resist gear on anyone (only frost resist buff being gift of the wild's 75 FR) and we one shotted Saph. Only had 2 healers (pally druid) with the occasional shaman throwing out some heals as needed (2 of us). Our entire party only had 1 melee DPS so that probably made things a bit easier on this fight and we lost most of our raiders around 15-20% with only me, the tank, and a healer alive for a the last 20-30k HP.

It was an intense fight but I'll say the only 'gear' you need to use is your brain. If you've watched the video you should be able to avoid and counter whatever Sapph throws at you. Rememeber not to get near each other until both ice blocks are down. Remember to top off the party before the ice blocks as they can be killed with them and you'll lose the block as well. Don't stand in the blizzards but pay enough attention to them to determine what direction they're moving in.

thanx tankspot

our guild had its first look at sapph the other night and we 1 shotted him (10man)thanx to these awesome guides,so a "hic" tanx!from the tanks and the DRUNKEN KNIGHTS huzzah!! hic..(passes out )

We downed Sapph the first time monday night. As we've run the whole Naxx without reading any strategies beforehand (just for fun) i was pretty pleased that we managed to kill him the first night we got to him. No reist gear as we didn't know we might have needed some...

Anyways...just wanted to provide few tips that finally did it for us. Our group was quite melee heavy...so they ran underneatgh him from one side to another to avoid the blizz, which worked fine. We had the casters and the healer (druid) at one side and the casters followed the healer to avoid the blizz. Our priest was concentrating on healing me (i'm bear tank) standing behind me but far enought top avoid the cleave.

We tried many times to get behind the iceblocks and eneded up wiping a lot during the AoE of the air phase. As he pushed me back at the beginning of the airphase i had troubles getting to an iceblock so at our first attempt already i just ran to the wall as close to it as possible. The AoE didn't get to me. After that i charged back to him.

We decided the whole group wuld do this in order to avoid the AoE and it worked perfect. No hassle with looking for the iceblocks. The first attempt with this strategy after 4 or 5 wipes did it for us. Maybe this helps some of you

+ Reply to Thread