+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Sapphiron

In this fight we have retri pala, because on 60% healers are without mana. But we still get him down. Today we kill him i hope so

more on FR

For 10-man, if you don't feel like getting the FR gear, and you have a pally/druid/shaman in your raid, consider getting these enchants in addition to their resist auras if you are still struggling:
    Arcanum of the Frosty Soul
    Enchant Cloak - Superior Frost Resistance - dropped by Damned Apothecary in Icecrown

I recommend the cloak enchant for healers just because, unless you really want that haste rating enchant.

[edit]
    My guild was having some problems with this fight, so we said "screw it" and did it with four healers. We all had about 250+ frost resist and through the fight the healers were not close to oom'ing out and it was a smooth kill. Took a while, though, but we did it.
    Last edited by Wellwisher; 12-12-2008 at 10:28 PM.

Thanks for these videos, they're great and a big help. Also very nicely shot & produced.
    Looking forward to downing the last 2 bosses today.

For 10 man, 3 healers is what we have found optimal if your running without frost resist gear. A pally of some sort is almost necessary as the frost resist aura is vital. Have a single target healer on the MT, and the other two healers worry about raid heals. Replenishment is pretty much a must at the moment as many raids arent geared to down him fast enough for your healers mana pools.

For 25 man, we have been able to do it fine with seven healers (mainly multi-target healers) and everyone with at least 80 Frost resist before buffs (so basically one piece of gear). We also require flasks/food to make the fight easier. A decently geared 25 man group should have no problem with only minimal frost resist and some good healers.
    I'm from Onyxia, where trade chat makes you wish you were in the barrens.

Finally downed him after wiping 15 times, lol. I wasn't trying either, OT dps ftw.

Hi..

I have not tired a more stupider boss before. His spell combo's arent the best for any class.His dots are doing too much dmg for our raid and we get him to 50% and all healers are depleted of mana. Im a priest so my shadowfiend gets killed right away. And only that and hymn of hope is all abilities i have except a mana potion to get mana back. Blizz have to realise soon that this boss isnt possible to do with people who had problems with patchwerk.

TIA.

You are probably either undergeared for the encounter or people are takeing way to much Blizzard damage .

So to my understanding of this fight,does everyone in the raid take damage every second? or is it just during the blizz. if you are caught in it?

Our guild has a must! 3 piece frost rest. i really think that is to much and it will gimp our DPS. What do you think?

Thanks Dread

Sapp disassempled

Just wanted to pipe in, in regards to my post earlier in the thread. On friday, we went for Saph again, with no frost resistence, but with three healers. We did wipe once, due to some unfortunate mishaps, but she died quite easely on the second try.

Then we went on to KT, and had him on second try again - thanks a lot, Tankspot!

Amount of healers?

Is two healers simply not enough? We have tried a couple times but the frost ticks just can't be healed through, even with 2 CoH priests. Should we bring a 3rd healer? maybe even a 4th?

Some points I want to touch on.

To reach cap, it simply requires the crafted chest, belt and boots, along with an aura or totem you will be over 415. So there is no need to get the head and cloak enchant, the crafted ring or any legacy FR items that might be out there.

It will barely hurt your dps, you are only swapping out 3 pieces if you get the main crafted set, all of them have gem slots for you to put whatever DPS/Heal/Tanking gems you need. In fact these are item level 213 so they have more armor and stamina than what 10 man gear has, on my DK it gives me an additional 1300 health. It's been said here before, this isn't a DPS race, it's a survival fight.

At 1200 damage a second, after 5 minutes, that comes to 360k damage, with a totem or aura that becomes 270k, which what most groups would have. If you are frost capped you would take 90k. There is a difference of 180k done to you over 5 minutes from going with just a totem/aura and going with the frost cap. That is 1.8 million less health your healers are having to heal in the 10 man version. To me, that savings on the healer is well worth any dps/healing loss you would take from wearing frost resist gear. But again, if you gem them appropriately, that difference will be minimal while boosting everyones health by at least 1k as well, giving healers an even bigger "buffer".

My guild is getting near Saph, and the MT wants us all to get a bunch of frost resist gear. While, for dps and healers (I guess) this is a good idea, I cannot justify it in my mind as a tank. He is a druid, so he keeps his health and all the feral talents keep him from getting crit, but I am looking at the resist gear, and it is just stam, resist and gems. I am at 541 def now, trying to get more and I can't even imagine it being a good idea to wear this gear. I understand I could put def gems in, but that doesn't seem like it will keep me uncrittable, not to mention lowering my threat because I would lose a lot of strength.

What am I to do?

I main tank him with the 3 piece frost set and the offtank wears the same just incase I die. We're both at 417 with the pally aura, we had a ring crafted for everyone else. We wiped a couple times on him but once everyone paid enough attention to the fight we got him down. Very cool fight.

Frost resist is by no means a requirement for this fight. Good healers and everyone on their toes are all that is needed. The first time we did this in 10 man we had 3 healers but have ever since done it with two (druid/shaman). The first time we did this in 25 man, we 2 (maybe 3) shot it even though only 40% of the group had even seen the fight. I don't say this to try to impress (because it's not impressive), just to get across the message that it's a simple fight and there is no reason to overcomplicate it.

Yes, frost resist is not needed at all for Sapphiron. We cleared the first two wings of Naxx10 in our first ID, the rest in our second ID with a very average raid. Some were quite geared some not, and we were very close to many enrage timers with a 2/3/5 setup. For Sapphiron it's more important to avoid blizzards and frost bolt splash damage. Our Raid DPS for our first kill was only ~8k, 9 minute fight, no deaths.

Hey Ciderhelm,

Just wanted to start off by saying thank you for the tutorial videos, you're a good man =).

I had a question on this, I plan to make sure my raid gets their three pieces of Frost Resist, but I'm wondering if it is necessary for just the DPS or the healers also? Obviously since Saph hits hard, I won't be requiring it for the MT, but I just need to know if it would be advisable for the healers to use it.

Thanks!

Got him down to 600k HP and had party wipe only haveing problems with bad blizzard placement, thats the onlything thats getting our guild raid group when we do it. We have progressed quickly threw Naxx and its been a realy good raid, but sapph has been one of the best raid fights ive done in my time on WoW, and when his's downed there will be some cheering on TS from many people lol

Hi, well my guild reached Sapphiron last nigth, and all watched your imformative guide. But the problem is that the healers wear out their mana so fast compared to the dps done on Sapphiron. No one has ressist gear. The GM says it will decrease our stats and that way make us less possible to beat him.

Also what is a good setup for this figth (10man) We have priest pala and druid avaible as healers in the guild that is active.

PLZ HELP!!!!

Nemtor Quel'thalas horde
    Last edited by Nemtor; 01-05-2009 at 05:24 AM.

Greetings guys,

First of all, i would like to congratulate Tankspot team for the amazing work with all the posts, guides, opinions, videos, etc.. you name it

Ok, my guild cleared Naxx 10 with 2 diferent teams.. we did well as we manage to down all bosses quite good. Thou at Sapphiron (for the hardest boss in Naxx 10) the FR gear came up b4 start the fight, turns out it wasnt need. Now for what i have read on this topic, the 4 pieces lvl 80 + totem/pala aura, should do it.

My question is: Ciderhelm, can you still be def capped with this gear?

I am capped, 1 or 2 blue items, Naxx 10 gear, and 2 items Naxx 25. With the FR gear i am making a effort to be capped still. It's not easy, as the FR gear lowers significatly our def cap. Still i remember that for Hydross in SSC, beeing def capped wasnt that important.

Anyway, pls coment.

Oromez

What should a healer's breakdown look like on this fight? We went in with a holy priest, disc priest and resto druid and had a ton of trouble dealing with the raid-wide damage. We'd lose a couple folks fairly early and then slowly wipe over the next two-three air phases. Their breakdowns looked approx like so:

Holy Priest:
    50% - Prayer of Mending
    15% - Greater Heal
    15% - Renew
    10% - Circle of Healing
    5% - Flash Heal
    5% - Prayer of Healing

Disc Priest: (was on MT healing duty)
    35% - Penance
    30% - Prayer of Mending
    20% - Flash Heal
    5% - Renew
    5% - PW:S Glyph
    5% - Greater/Binding Heal

Resto Druid:
    65% - Regrowth
    15% - Lifebloom
    10% - Wild Growth
    5% - Rejuvenation
    5% - Living Seed

I personally think the raid-wide smart heals are being under-utilized. What do y'alls healing breakdowns look like on successful kills?

+ Reply to Thread