+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Sapphiron

Naxxramas Sapphiron

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)

25-Man Crafted Resistance Sets
    The following is courtesy of Darknuke of Bloodhoof.

Necklace:
    Pendant of Thawing(lvl70)
    • 2x FelsteelBar
    • 6x Primal Fire
    • 4x Primal Water
    • 1x Mercurial Adamantite

Ring:
    Titanium Frostguard Ring
    • 2x Titanium Bars
    • 3x Eternal Water
    • 3x Eternal Fire
    • 1x Frozen Orb

Cloth:
    Glacial Robe
    • 6x Bolt of Imbued Frostweave
    • 3x Eternal Fire
    • 3x Eternal Water
    • 3x Eternium Thread
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Glacial Slippers
    • 4x Bolt of Imbued Frostweave
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    • 2x Eternium Thread
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Glacial Waistband
    • 4x Bolt of Imbued Frostweave
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    • 2x Eternium Thread
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Set:
    • 14x Bolt of Imbued Frostweave
    • 7x Eternal Fire
    • 7x Eternal Water
    • 7x Eternium Thread
    • 3x Frozen Orbs

Leather:
    Polar Boots
    • 8x Heavy Borean Leather
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    • 4x Nerubian Chitin
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Polar Cord
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    • 4x Nerubian Chitin
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Polar Vest
    • 10x Heavy Borean Leather
    • 3x Eternal Fire
    • 3x Eternal Water
    • 8x Nerubian Chitin
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Set:
    • 26x Heavy Borean Leather
    • 7x Eternal Fire
    • 7x Eternal Water
    • 16x Nerubian Chitin
    • 3x Frozen Orbs

Mail:
    Icy Scale Belt
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    • 4x Icy Dragonscale
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Icy Scale Boots
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    • 4x Icy Dragonscale
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Icy Scale Chestguard
    • 10x Heavy Borean Leather
    • 3x Eternal Fire
    • 3x Eternal Water
    • 8x Icy Dragonscale
    • 1x Frozen Orb
    Set:
    • 26x Heavy Borean Leather
    • 7x Eternal Fire
    • 7x Eternal Water
    • 16x Icy Dragonscale
    • 3x Frozen Orb

Plate:
    Icebane Chestguard
    • 16x Saronite Bar
    • 3x Eternal Fire
    • 3x Eternal Water
    Icebane Girdle
    • 12x Saronite Bar
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    Icebane Treads
    • 12x Saronite Bar
    • 2x Eternal Fire
    • 2x Eternal Water
    Set:
    • 40x Saronite Bars
    • 7x Eternal Fire
    • 7x Eternal Water
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Notes:
    I have difficulty getting a Thunder Clap debuff up on Sapphiron, and you'll see me attempt to do so several times as I get antsy. This is similar to the original encounter, and it helps to have another player get in there and apply the debuff.

Another thing -- you can put everyone on one side during this encounter. It's better to split up if you have a lot of melee to help avoid Blizzard (we have 3-4), but if your group is primarily ranged, putting everyone on one side can be a better way of getting heals out.

How many healers do you bring? We are failing on sapph extremely hard atm, seems like the damage is just to much, we have 3, 2 coh priest and a holy pally... Maybe our healers suck, i dunno lol

Quote Originally Posted by treyu View Post
    How many healers do you bring? We are failing on sapph extremely hard atm, seems like the damage is just to much, we have 3, 2 coh priest and a holy pally... Maybe our healers suck, i dunno lol
    We're pretty much having the same issue. It's not really the damage I'm taking as a tank, but more the damage the raid is getting from the Blizzard. Positioning seems to be wrong somehow.

Edit: By the way... thank you so much for these videos, Ciderhelm. Appreciate them greatly.
    Last edited by Timb; 11-29-2008 at 09:08 PM.

3 healers and Replenishment. It has been difficult for both groups I cleared it with, so it's understandable.

Sapphiron, Kel'thuzad, and Malygos are all 3 difficult for 10-mans.

Wear more frost resist on the dps side it helps. When i did it yesterday we were having terrible troubles with our shaman healers and decursing so we just moved everyone to one side brought in a ret pally in holy gear and had him healing with another shaman while the druid and a shaman spammed raid. We got the achievement we only had about 80 resistance.

But make sure dps is not standing in blizzards and top everyone off going into phase 2 is important.

I just did 25 man sapphiron and although we have all picked up a bit more loot since the 10 man version, the 25 man was significantly easier in terms of survival. The extra healers help a ton.

We had 2 mages and 2 resto shamans decursing and occasional resto druid.

for healing: 2 chain heals, 2 CoH priests, resto druid and 2 holy pallies.

2 down 1 to go

Downed him and the big KT tonight with a couple of pieces of FrR on the raid and an FrR totem. We pulled it off without replenishments by having 3 druids and a priest, not to mentiona fair amount of melee. (this made KT rough, but we had rotations on melee avoiding tombs on kt) All in all great night.

Thank you Ciderhelm for really helping pull the community together in your own way. I don't go a day without hitting up TS!

Is there any value in the tank having full FR gear?

We've never used resist gear, and three healers handles it fine. If you have a ret paladin, judgement of light is huge on this fight.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

What WoTLK FR gear is even out there?
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Krashtork View Post
    What WoTLK FR gear is even out there?
    The stuff you learn at your trainer.

Heh, oh yeah, blacksmiths :P

Also, why not tank him against a wall so his cleave isn't that dangerous?
    Tanks: We like it rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Krashtork View Post
    Heh, oh yeah, blacksmiths :P

Also, why not tank him against a wall so his cleave isn't that dangerous?

The wall wont change it, they will still have tail problems and if the cleave really is big, the you might still get the edges of it past the walls.

For most other dragons they are tanked on the wall due to a knock back mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Notes:
    I have difficulty getting a Thunder Clap debuff up on Sapphiron, and you'll see me attempt to do so several times as I get antsy. This is similar to the original encounter, and it helps to have another player get in there and apply the debuff.

Another thing -- you can put everyone on one side during this encounter. It's better to split up if you have a lot of melee to help avoid Blizzard (we have 3-4), but if your group is primarily ranged, putting everyone on one side can be a better way of getting heals out.
    Maybe cause his character model is so large? Your much further from where the hit box counts for TC cause blizz is weird like that?
    I'm from Onyxia, where trade chat makes you wish you were in the barrens.

Quote Originally Posted by Timb View Post
    We're pretty much having the same issue. It's not really the damage I'm taking as a tank, but more the damage the raid is getting from the Blizzard. Positioning seems to be wrong somehow.

Had the same problem, put FrR gear on the raid, one shot.

We downed him yesterday (10-mans). First we tried to gather at one side but there just to much damage incoming from the blizzard and me (MT) dying because healers had to run out of it (There were not standing on the same spot - unlucky..). Like 6 tries and best one around 40%.

Afterwards we split up the raid on both sides. Works much better - less overall damage an noch unlucky healing gaps. Just be sure to have 1 decurser on every side. When engaging for Phase 2 gather together around the MT -- but leave enough space until the second icebolt has hit its target.

Doing this, we downed him after the 3 try.

P.S. Regarding the Thunder Clap - I had the impression he resists it very often (...have not check the log though). Just renew it when it has still 12 seconds left to be sure to have it up all the time.

Hey guys, idk why, we had sapphiron down to 22%, and we wiped because he would only ice block 1 person on the raid and we are split on right and left so the group that didnt get it didnt stand a chance.... from there it went down we kept trying but it happened again 3 or 4 times... at first we thought it was because the left group had run out of range of the ice block, but then when it happened again they where quiet close...
    then we thgouth that it was because we had to groups each at one side so we put everyon on the same group... but it happened again.. and not only that when he iceblocked one of us, we dont know why 2 ppl that where close to the ice block got 1 shotted from full health to nothing....
    one of them said that he went to first person vew.. its what happens when ur ice blocked and then died, but he was right beside the other peep who got ice blocked...

So anyone knows how the ice block really works? why sometimes only one person is my raid is getting it, its driving me crazy...

tyvm for any help

The MT should use his regular gear as Sapphiron is probably the hardest hitter in the instance. There are sometimes that I don'T even get hit by the chill at all when tanking him.
    Behind every great player is a band of haters.

What's the minimum FR here for this fight? I've made a full 3 piece set for my DK for DPS purposes but I'd like to know the raw numbers for both 10 and 25 man if possible.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

+ Reply to Thread