+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A very strange problem?

A very strange problem?

Hello, first time here for me as a poster, even though I've been using your gear lists for quite some time! I noticed today that I have a very strange problem. I got the Tempered Titansteel Treads crafter for me, which have 35 defense rating. Now, according to math, those 35 defense rating should give me about 7 defense.

The strange thing about all this, is that I have my old boots left, the Sabatons of the Righteous Defender. I had it socketed with a 4def 6stam gem, which put it's defense rating up to 22. According to the math, that should end up around 3 or 4 defense.

Now, to the strange thing about it all. When I put my Sabatons of the Righteous Defender on, I get MORE defense than from the Tempered Titansteel Treads. I tried writing a GM about this but he just told me that he can't discuss how stats work, could one of you guys perhaps enlighten me on what this is all about?

While my guess may be off, did you wait 30 seconds or so before looking at your stat sheet? I remember there being a problem with stats not updating straight off the bat.

What could be happening is you're putting on one set of gear, changing it out, having the original piece's stats show up with the new gear. Then you're changing back to the original gear and having that piece's stats show up. If you see what I mean, which you might not knowing my record for clarity ;D

Do you use a +def metagem? maybe with the new boots you do not have the gems needed for the meta to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakeyras View Post
    Do you use a +def metagem? maybe with the new boots you do not have the gems needed for the meta to work.
    That's a really good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakeyras View Post
    If you click on the WoW Characters dropdown tab it has a link to his armory.

The World of Warcraft Armory

+ Reply to Thread