+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Patchwerk

hi

the video that is shown here save me a ton og nerv for this enounter ^^ a small story to this: on our first try in killing patchwork we a extrem problems the soukertanks died early in the fight the next time the meele dps got one shottet (no clue why that happend) so a couple of later after regrouping our raid pool we try hi again und we killed him first try firstkill well in adavnce of the enrage timmer to be exact 5:22.

our setup:

- 2 deff warriors
    - feral druid
    - 7 healer ( 2 paladins, 4 priests, 2 restro druids)
    - 5 meele DPS ( rouge, enchac schaman, dk ..)
    -11 range DPS ( mage , ele schaman, warlock......)

our early consern was that from 4 guides explaining the encounter 3 said patchwerk had 5 min enrage in heroic but in the end it turnd out to be 6 min like in nonheroic

greatz

Question, the first time I went Patchwerk in 10 man, the raid leaders told the melee dps to jump in the green water/slime/acid whatever you want to call it. Then told them to jump out so they were lower on health. The leaders told the healers NOT to heal the melee dps to over 50%. I cant remember the reason, something about healing Patchwerk. I have been looking around and havent heard anything about this at all, and after watching the video im going toward the conclusion that it doesnt matter AT ALL what health the melee dps stay at. Is it true because after a couple of wipes, we did eventually kill Patchwerk even with this method. However, I tried today and especially without Heroism its very difficult. I am a balance druid, and I have a very hard time maintaining mana, and run out and become almost useless even with an Innervate with glyph bonus on myself (balance druids dont really have gear with spirit on it). I was just wondering what a good setup would be for this boss and if anyones heard something similar about the melee dps having to stay under 50%? Any response would be great ty

Haven't had to many issues with him except for our first kill which we had a weird group make up after that pretty much one shot him with the following makeup. What seemed to help my healers since i was taking hateful strikes was i would have my BoneShield & IBF on a 30 sec rotation and kept all my runes on cooldown so i would have the constant 10% to Parry active.

Tanks
    1 Prot Warrior
    1 Unholy/Frost DK

Healers
    1 Holy Priest
    1 Resto Shaman

DPS
    1 Ret Paly
    1 BM Hunter Or Boomkin
    4 Mix of Warlocks/Mages

In our various attempts to kill patchwerk, I think our mistake is having 3 healers which means we could have a whole nother person on dps, but would you guys recommend having 3 heals for safety or go with 2 since its mostly a dps race?

I did this fight just now, and I'm having some kind of issue. Someone suggested an old bug that I could be getting, so I wanted to look around and see if it was happening to anyone. Doesn't seem to be the case though.

I'm the MT and basically, I pull him across the slime like was shown in the vid. But then my net literally tanks, Frame rate hits something around 0.8. I can't see anything going on until the group wipes.

I don't have the best computer, and it could be a bad night for my net. But I've MT'd all the arachnid, half of plagued, and Razuvious fine. Along with Archavon and Sartharion. (All thanks to your videos Cider~)

I'm not sure if it's my game, my comp, my net, my addons, or if it's a bug. We're going again this saturday and at the least, I plan to not pull him across the slime and see how that works.

Anyone know anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Viveri View Post
    snip... if anyones heard something similar about the melee dps having to stay under 50%? Any response would be great ty
    The idea behind that is that if any melee gets 3rd or 2nd (heroic) or 2nd (normal) on threatlist and happen to have more health than the hatefull strike tank(s) they'll be one-shotted. Keeping them at 50% health should improve the chance that they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Judar View Post
    I'm not sure if it's my game, my comp, my net, my addons, or if it's a bug. We're going again this saturday and at the least, I plan to not pull him across the slime and see how that works.

Anyone know anything?
    Keep your disk defragmented (wow stores all data in big files, and patching up will fragment these files). You could also try disabeling all your addons - for MT'ing you should be fine w/o any addons on this one fight. If all else fails try to use the Repair.exe in your wowfolder. This will however remove all your addons so you might want to back them up before you do. If the slowdown only appears pulling him across the slime try to have him MD'd to you while facing a wall or something.

Good luck

I've only seen one response to this thread regarding gear. I've got no tank characters so this is not something I know a lot about, but I've been thinking: wouldn't armor be the thing to stack on this fight? I know health is a good thing and dodge is good aswell. However RNG is RNG and even with 60% dodge you can take 2 hits in a row. My idea is that mitigating more of the hatefull > dodge > stam. Anyone care to share gear details on what they're wearing (or at least Armor, Dodge and Stam values) for this fight?

Each week I join a pug for 25 man Naxx seeing as how our guild lacks a few members to do a full 25 man. We have done the pug for about 4 weeks, and in these 4 weeks we have been unsuccessful in killing Patchwerk.

This week, after wiping about 3 times, we brought in a druid tank, and used him as the only hateful-tank, and the difference was huge. With their high health, armor, and dodge, we were able to kill him with only 5 healers. The druids gear is not extremely amazing either, Reveell is his name on Stormreaver.

Just a helpful hint for some groups struggling with this particular boss.Keep in mind if you decide to try this tactic, the tank must have a certain level of gear. (See Reveell on armory for example)

-- Hospital -- (Stormreaver)

We run Heroic with 2-3 tanks. If 2, we stick the prot war (we always have one) on MT, and the feral (100% attendance ftw) on Hatefuls. Third tank is then an extra prot war or a prot pala if we brought 3, if we bring 2 it's cause one of our prots is fury. In that case he just stick his tank gear on and acts as buffer for HS, the feral still eats the majority. 5 healers is fine if they're on the ball, one of them being holy pala with beacon really helps (beacon MT, spamheal the druid).

We had no problem with patches in normal Naxx, but in 25man it was a total disaster...

4 healers:
    -Paladin on MT
    -Priest on OT
    -2 Shammies on OT

3 tanks: MT Pala with slightly worse gear than OT Warrior and 2nd OT Warrior.

4 melee DPS, rest ranged.

Our main problems was Patches landing Hateful Strikes in melee DPS, which really hurt me cause I'm playing Rogue :/ No matter what we tried, we either couldn't keep DPS HP lower than OT's. Even taking off all stamina buffs and running into that stat-decreasing acid didn't help, he wiped us all over the place.

Can someone tell me what are we doing wrong?

For starters I'd stick the paladin on an OT, with beacon on the MT. OTs take more reliable chunks of damage than the MT, making them better suited for beacon spam. Secondly I'd really advise you to get a 5th healer at least. If you're new to naxx25, you might even want a 6th; the fight is very healing intensive, with the need for constant healing to keep tanks high, and the need for good mp5 to not go oom due to non-stop casting.

2 tanks or 3

(25 man patchwek) My guild has been using just one OT, my self ( prot pally ) and warrior MT. Our warrior has about 1k more hp but they say with holy shield, redoubt etc, ill be blocking a bit more and my dodge is a tad higher then his. Weve only tried him three times so far, for a short period of time and the healers just cant keep us tanks up. Im wondering if its easier with 2 ot's. My roomate's guild use to use 2 ot's and 1 mt and they switched to just 2 tanks, they said it was easier for the healers since hatefulls are fast and healers having to switch targets... So my main question is..2 tanks or 3 for 25man?

Just a note you cannot block hatefuls strikes, they can only miss you or you can dodge/parry them
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Just a note you cannot block hatefuls strikes, they can only miss you or you can dodge/parry them
    Are you totaly sure about that? Im pretty sure i recalled seeing blocking about 1.5-2k on hatefulls in my log. =\

Here's a WWS parse from the top US guild's tank. No blocks whatsoever.
    Wow Web Stats
    Tanks: We like it rough.

a quick question, at 5% when patchwerk goes into a frenzy, is it possible for a rogue to dispel it with Anesthetic Poison or is it undespellable?

Quote Originally Posted by Krashtork View Post
    Here's a WWS parse from the top US guild's tank. No blocks whatsoever.
    Wow Web Stats
    While getting enough SBV to fully block an attack is rough, you can partial block them.

Mitigation blocked nb 39 % 26.7 % total 107490 total% 15.6 %
    Comes straight off the WWS, he partial blocked 39 attacks totaling 107k damage mitigated... I think block is worth it.

Edit: Looks like Graf was the MT and not the OT, the OT is here: http://wowwebstats.com/kwietga1vd23y...318&a=x4b26133 and as you can see it's a pally taking 20k hits that are being partially blocked. I thought 8k was a little low for a 25 man.
    Last edited by Muggs; 01-18-2009 at 09:12 AM. Reason: More stuff.

Our guild's first try on this ended up taking him down. We were interchanging me as a Prot Paladin and a Frost DK. We weren't sure how the threat was going to work, but I ended up grabbing main threat and he took the hateful strikes.

It actually worked out better this way. He has higher parry/dodge than I do and thus was able to flat avoid more hateful strikes while I was mitigating the damage better against the boss. Plus the reflective threat helped keep me in the lead (as well as all of my additional undead killing spells).

Hi there All, Ciderhelm first of all I want to say your work in these video's is absolutely phenomenal, i have never donated to any website before now, but your example video's have made me a better tank, thank you for all your work.

Our guild has cleared all 10 mans and are beginning to clear our way through 25 mans, we have done heroic sarth, vaults and spider and plague wings in naxx. We have hit a massive bump in the road trying to get pathwerk down in 25 man. Particularly we are having problems with hateful strikes just owning our melee dps. I will be taking the advice on my fellow forum members here and getting some ironshield potions to make it a little easier, advice on demo shout will help a lot also. Just wanted to check is it important than your 3 tanks are the top 3 on the threat meter for the entire encounter?, could that be a reason our melee are getting smashed by hatefuls because they are too high on threat? Our best attempt we got him down to 3% before he killed us all, but our 3 attempts tonight we couldnt even get him down passed 50 %, and one of our best healers had used all of his mana, plus an innervate and a pot, but just couldnt maintain the heals, he had about 3 mins 30 seconds left on enrage timer, any more advice for this guy particularly in 25 mans?, he is absolute cake for us in 10 man but a real stumbling block here
    Last edited by The Bu; 01-30-2009 at 10:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread