+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Patchwerk

Naxxramas Patchwerk

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 08:56 AM.

Placeholder!

Threat mechanics

Sidenote, though. I''ve never been to old naxx but was told that patchwerk was a nonthreat fight, that the tank who pulled would keep aggro permanently for the most part.

That seems to not be the case in this new version. I've offtanked and main tanked this guy, and have ripped aggro on him when trying to contribue some damage. I suppose the adage of sammiche time on patchwerk will still be the case.

EDIT: Disregard, my concern was answered in the the video guide.

My guild did Patch last night ( Heroic )... ouch... that Hateful Strike hits me for 23~26k ( I have 33k HP raid buffed ). ;I

Yea the Hateful Strike(Heroic) is a pain. I have about 37k health buffed and my armor was at about 31k-37k the whole fight the heals critting along with chugging the new armor pots (which helped a ton) got us through the fight. O and you might be wondering how you can drink more than 1 pot in the fight. Simply drink the pot prior to pull and then count down will start so roughly you have about 4mins of it.

I used a iron shield potion , shield wall, the new block trinket and Shield block. on the last 5%.
    I took 55 damage on a blocked hit. total overkill of cooldowns but it was fun.

10man naxx
    as MT
    Last edited by Mazzy; 12-06-2008 at 05:30 AM.

Out of interest, does anybody know what mod produces that floating combat text shown on these videos?

If im not wrong itīs an addon called "MikScrollingBattleText" . you should be able to get it from curse.com if you wanna check it out.

Thanks, found my way to the UI section of the forum actually. So i kinda already found out.... forum noob

what was your group makeup for this fight? my guild has been having our asses kicked by him in 10mans. we've tried 2 healers (got down to 40% then OOM) then 3 healers (like 20-30%) OOM...and our DPS has a total of about 12k for the group, thats all dps and tanks included.

our makeup-

3- Hunter
    1- Lock
    1- Rogue
    2- Prot Warr
    2- Druid Heals
    1- Priest heals

is having a Shadow priest or boomkin going to make the mana difference of not going OOM for the last 30% of the fight?

edit*- We've cleared Spider and Plague wings, and up to the horsemen in DK wing to give u an idea where we stand
    Last edited by emillard8; 12-14-2008 at 09:44 PM.

For people having trouble with the healers going OOM or a tank getting gibbed, two weeks ago our group was having troubles and then we popped two Ironshield potions (one just before the pull, another after it ran out like in the video) and also put Amplify Magic on the tanks. Patch doesn't do any magic damage so giving the healers an extra 255 healing really helped. We did it with two healers (Resto Druid/Holy Priest) and one shot it this week with the above tweaks.

Great videos, used them for just about every boss in Naxx!

Ah, Patches. I haven't seen him in 10 man yet but got a good long look at him on Friday night in the 25 man version. Our best was a heartbreaking 3% wipe. I'm trying to piece together what happened and what we can fix.

I was the primary hateful soak and I was taking ~23.5k per shot. The third tank was a paladin and he was equal to me in gear or pretty close and was eating 27K hatefuls. /shrug Imp Def stance?

Anyhow, our DPS is strong with a few above 4K for the fight. We have a few weaker links and since we haven't started up the official raid, pugged in some slots. I think our positioning sucks and parry-gibs might have been an issue. The bottom line is that the healers had a hard time keeping up and eventually lost one tank or another and it went down hill from there.

I have made a few more gear upgrades since Friday and gotten my grubby paws on a few stacks to the armor potion.

I guess my main question is: how critical is it to have the OTs behind Patch and out of parry range? Will Patches gaining parry haste speed up the frequency of his hateful strikes?
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

I have heard that patchwerk does not have a decreased parry swing/gib, however I can not confirm this.

We stack the 3 tanks in front arc anyway and as MT I have never been parry gibbed, his melee does about 8-9k on me, and hatefuls for 20k.... important note, demo shout is HUGE on this fight. I seems to reduce hatefuls by 2-3k.

Also, for the 10 man question above, getting a ret pali, a shadow priest or a surv hunter will give you your regen. Moonkin do not give any regen to the raid.

27k sounds high, its worth remembering a couple of things (I hope I have this all right)
    - hatefuls can't crit and cannot be blocked, so a little rearrangement of gear towards dodge and parry could help
    - Make sure demo shout and hunter +miss thing is on patch at all times
    - Patch doesn't parry gib (there was a blue post confirming this), so if agro's a problems stand your OT's behind with the rest of the melee
    - In both our kills we've had two OT's, although I know it can be done with one, if you have two split the healers between the two - keeping up as many buffs as possible: grace, anc fort, sacred shield, even PW:shield as well, especially if one tank is taking much higher damage. I averaged at 23k last week and 21k this week, the DK averaged 18k.
    - Use vigi on OTs

While it's a dps race it only becomes a dps once the tanks survive Often its more about communication and cooperative healing than anything else (in my limited experience)
    **Give me a hug and I'll defend you with my life**
    Blog: http://www.tankspot.com/blog.php?550-Shortypop

We've talked about it some on our guild forums. We're going to let the paladin MT with 2 warriors as soaks.

Best attempt (3%)
    I ate 38 Hatefuls
    I dodged 27.7% of them, Parried 14.5% of them.
    Average damage of 24,313

Reviewing the WWS, it appears there there is in fact no real difference betwen the amount of damae the Hatefuls are hitting for but some of it is being blocked accoring to the report.

we'll work it out. Our tanks are well geared but we have a mixed bag of healers at this point. Will improve week to week.

EDIT: I can boost my dodge some more relatively quickly. The badge trinket and swapping to the Arcane Shielded Helm will get me to ~26% dodge buffed. But in doing so, I'll have to drop my 50 stam trinket or Seal of the Pantheon so its a little self defeating. Hrm....
    Last edited by Horacio; 12-15-2008 at 10:09 AM.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

we are getting merked on patch werk, in a big way on 25 man
    what are the armour pots called ?
    we had 4 healers on me the ot (as im better geared) and 3 onthe main pally tank...healers couldnt keep us up, i really dont know if its a healing thing or what.

We stack on top of each other, im gonan try putting vig on the mt this time, always have demo up and using the armour pots

For 25 man, two OTs is ideal. Gives your healers a little more breathing room to get the OTs healed back up between hatefuls so your melee isn't getting wiped out. Also, while it is nice to dodge or parry hatefuls I wouldn't stack it. Go for higher armor/stam items, also remember that def doesn't matter. Get that armor and HP up as much as you can if the fight is giving you issues. Druids are the kings of OTs for this fight, and if you have good Holy Paladin they should be able to push 6-7k+ HPS for the duration of the fight.

Indescrutible pots on the pull, keep a priest or shaman on each OT to keep inspiration/AF up, and keep 2nd/3rd theat (for the OTs) while not overtaking the MT. Despite what someone said earlier you can block attacks, and definatelly use SB on every cooldown. Try to save major cooldowns for lower %s if at all possible.

If you have the Commendation of Kael'thas it is an amazing trink for this fight, the stam is always welcome and the proc will be up every cooldown virtually guaranteed.

Make sure to fix your gear afterward, I spaced and rocked 534 def for Grobbulus - Thaddius. Didn't notice til I saw one of Thaddius's adds crit me, at which point I chose to let my OT tank Thad...

I'll second the use of indestruct pots. Use just before and at about 35-40% since he will die before the 2mins is out.

This fight is 100% pre healing. If your healers never made it to Sunwell or weren't around back in the MC/BWL days, this might take them a while to learn.

Our healer setup was:
    2 priests (1 disc, 1 holy)
    2 shamans
    2 paladins
    1 druid

Druid OT with 40k HP
    Me as MT
    Warrior as 2nd OT (IE dpsing in prot gear)

all melee takes a dip in the slime to bring them down to half health, and we go.

Not that it mattered but one of our paladins used LoH +armor bonus on the OT at 5% frenzy
    The only thing better than being able to tank, is realizing that you no longer need to prove that you can.

I also can't stress enough healer diversity. Spliting up healers of like spec/class is a good idea. So that heals tend to land at different times.

Also if you have paladins have them annouce when they are pulling off to beacon so the other healers can be ready.
    The only thing better than being able to tank, is realizing that you no longer need to prove that you can.

+ Reply to Thread