+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Gluth

Quote Originally Posted by Rithgor View Post
    can anyone make a suggestion on how to due this with a melee heavy group?

our typical group is

pally tank
    dk tank
    rogue
    rogue
    ret pally
    blood DK
    BM Hunter
    Holy Priest
    Resto Shammy
    Holy Pally
    Hmmm, well the best advice I could give is your kiter will be the hunter. To assist the hunter, have the resto shaman drop earthbind totems just north of the grate where the zombie chows spawn. The hunter can drop/shoot frost traps and kite the chows near the totem.
    It's a Dance Dance Heigalution!
    PWAB Risk Rating: A-

Alternatively you could also let the Retri paladin equip his tanking gear, activate his Righteous Fury so he won't lose aggro and have him run around the frost trap. As a kiter myself I prefer frost traps over earthbind totems because I can see where the effect ends which I can't with the totem.

The benefit of this is that you will not have the problem that your kiter loses mobs to the healer and he will be able to take more hits due to his armor. He should not have problems with picking up the mobs due to consecrate / exorcism / judgement.

Gluth Strat

My guild has gotten the 25 portion of Naxx down to an art. On our off nights, we are doing 10s to strengthen our raid back-ups as well as test members for raid back-up positions. The group I have put together isn't the best group for Gluth. We managed to one shot every other boss so far. Here is what the group looks like.

Feral Druid MT
    Prot Warrior OT
    Enhance Shaman
    Enhance Shaman
    Ret Pally
    Shadow Priest
    demo/destroy lock
    CoH Priest
    Disc Priest
    Resto Shaman (me)

Any suggestions, other than sub people out? Next week, I replace one of the enhance shamans with an Ele shaman. But for the remainder of this raid week, I have the above group. Thanks for your time and help.

Gluth became a rather pain in the neck for my group yesterday. Most of our dps are melee, we do have a hunter who attempted to solo kite the chow with little success. Today we'll probably send the shammy whos been doing the MT healing to assist the hunter. Thanks for all your advise and a great vid, it has been very helpful. This is pretty much the only place i go to get the tactics for naxx bosses(I am a relatively new player, havent been around to see the 40men live)
    Razzoc of Kill Loot Repeat , Sylvanas EU

Our guild did this for the first time last night on 10 man and it wasn't too bad.

I was the kiter (ret in dps gear). It was a bit difficult but totally soloable. We had a hunter dropping frost traps on CD and a shammy healer on me.

Had all the healers and ranged stack up and I dropped a consecration on them. A little further back from them, hunter dropped traps. I just did laps around the trap, dropping consecration everytime i got back to the healers.

If the mobs ever get too close and start to hurt you (and they will) use holy wrath to stun them and get away. If holy wrath is on CD, use HoP and pray.

Try to save holy wrath for desimates if possible to give dps more time to kill the chows.

TLDR: Ret kites around a frost trap with consecrate. Stack up ranged. Use holy wrath.

My guild has downed this in both 25 man and 10 man. however....

I've been running a new group of people in 10 man mode to get them geared up and get them experience with the instance...it has been going great until Gluth. I (a prot pally) successfully kited the mobs (to show others how to do it) until i had over 60 stacks of the debuff on me with only 1 hunter using his slowing trap to help me out. But I'm technically the MT, so that attempt didnt work for obvious reasons. Anyway, I was curious if someone would be so kind as to make / post a video from the point of view of the zombie chow kiter/healers. It would also be greatly appreciated if there was commentary about which classes are are used to slow down the chow, and the timing of the abilities used to do so - as that seems to be the primary issue with my group.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Continuing my earlier post about my group-of-ten...We succesfully killed gluth with some changes to the kiting setup on the first pull. unfortunately or shammy healer left the group that day and was replaced with a redto druid. The kiting went well without him with DK kiting and a hunter assisting him with slowing.

This week we changed the group setup to make space and let some other people gear up. Gluth was killed on the second pull with the same DK kiting him and a frost mage assisting him with novas and pulling mobs of healers. The debuff did reach a high number of stacks on the dk both times but the damage was supprisingly easy to heal through with 1 healer assisting him while 2 others being on the MT and OT.

Also for the decimate. We lacked AOE dps this week but found that boomkins tsunami can help a LOT.it gives us lots of extra time since it pushes all the chow back if they are in a tight group(as they should be).
    After these two weeks gluth has been moved to farm-bosses category for us )

FFB mages?

Any helpful hints for kiting as an Frostfire mage with no hunter? Were a bit short on hunters atm. For 25 man. I'm not speced into improved frostbolt at all. With haste its still at 2.78 sec cast on either.

Kiting video

If you are looking for videos that show the kiting of the zombie chows on Gluth, try:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuUPGb4c4Lw"]Gluth 10-man hunter kiting[/ame]

Good vid, but tips for the 25 man would be appreciated. There's a LOT of zombie chow to deal with for 25s.
    Tanks: We like it rough.

For the 10 man chow, we use a tank to hold them in place at the back of the room until the Devistate. This tank then switches with the OT(usually a DK/Feral) for the next Zombie spawn rotation to let the debuff expire. Rinse and repeat.

We will be doing the 25 man for the first time next weekend. Using a mage/pally/healer combo with the same OT rotation to remove the debuff. I will post after we down him and let you know the details.

Problems with Gluth

While we don't have problems with other bosses, we do seem to have problems with Gluth in the 25 man version of naxx.

The problem we are having is too many zombies coming out of the grates. I am a prot paladin and was dropping concencrate with righteous fury up to pull aggro, but it seems like the zombies are coming out of the grates faster than they can be grabbed.

Does anyone know if the zombies come out of the grates in a specific order?

I have even looked into getting the glyph to extend the duration of concencrate to see if that helps.

Any tips on kiting for the 25 man version since the 3.0.8 version would be helpful.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jafakar; 01-27-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Hey all - looking for suggestion on Zombie Chow kiting in 10 man . . . Group makeup is -

2 - Prot Paladins (could be 1 - Prot Warrior & 1 - Prot Paladin)
    2 - Holy Paladins
    1 - Feral Druid (possibly 2 at times)
    1 - Mage (unsure of spec, might be 2 - Mages at times)
    1 - Death Knight (unsure of spec)
    1 - Holy Priest
    1 - Rogue (unsure of spec, occasionally available)

Obviously this doesn't add up to 10, but that is the bulk of classes that make up our group, give or take a Mage, Druid or Warrior at times. It isn't always the same group, but usually has the same available class types.

We made an attempt several times last night to take down Gluth, best being getting him to 16%. We started with 2 mages and a Holy Paladin working on Zombie detail, with the Priest assisting the Holy Paladin with heals from time to time. Two Prot Paladins as MT and OT switching back & forth on Gluth and a dedicated Holy Paladin healer for them. We also had a DK, Druid & Rogue DPSing Gluth. The 2 tanks were doing well switching back & forth, the tank healer was keeping up heals on the tanking/DPS group fairly well with an assist every now and then by the Priest. It seemed we could get through about 2 Decimates and we would loose one of the Mages due to the debuff stacking up too much for the Holy Paladin to heal through, then on subsequent Decimates Gluth would end up getting a snack or two and healing himself back up a bit, we might get through one or two more decimates and would eventually start loosing the war with Zombie kiting, tank healer getting aggro on the Zombies and wipe.

Any suggestions, help, experiences, etc. on kiting with this type of group makeup? It seemed after the first Decimate, the tank healer was really starting to take damage from the Zombies because of healing aggro. For some reason we would always loose one of the mages that was kiting about halfway into the fight. The tanking was working out well, even healing on the tanks seemed to be working well.

I apologize for the monster post but ANY help, suggestions with the classes I have listed would be very grateful.

Thank you very much in advance . . .
    Last edited by Atherstone; 01-30-2009 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Realized my spelling for "Rogue" was wrong . . .

This week I mooved to raid with our weeker group, since i no longer need anything in 10man and have to help gear up others before we are safe to do 25 naxx. Gluth was indeed a little stressful, since I was used to having no problems at all with him with my previous group(check earlier posts).

Atherstone. Try to leave more DPS on GLuth - he shouldnt survive long enough for you to go through 4-5 decimates. Usually he s down after 2-3. Out mage had some trouble with kiting them, so what we did(remembering our success in th stronger group with a DK) was as follows.

Dk was kiting the chow with a shammy healer laying totems and healing him. Our only mage stayed on the boss, but occasionally blinked back to where the chow was, used frost breath sometimes nova(if things were bad). Before the decimate the DK rounded the chow up and after the decimate mage novad them again for us to burn them down. Chow never got close to Gluth. It did take 2 pulls for the DK to get used to kiting.

Now in your lineup you dont have anything to constantly slow down the chow, so ts a little trickier. if 1 mage iavailable - he stays on the boss with occasional blinks to slow and nova the chow. Leave 1 healer on the DK kiting.

The rogue should use anesthetic poison on 1 hand to take care of the mini-frenies. He(she) can apply crippling on the other and sometimes run through the chow crowd and do an aoe to try and poison most of them to slow them down. Now, this is just off the top of my head, I play a rogue, and knowing mechanics of our skills i think this might help you slow down the chow. The rogue should use agro redirect on the DK before the aoe though, since its most likely to pull a couple of the chow.

Sorry for typing things like aor or agro redirect instead of skill names - I play on a russian sever since WOTLK and have no idea how the new skills are called in english ((

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by n0point; 02-02-2009 at 02:03 AM.

n0point - Great ideas, thank you for the suggestion and I will pass them along to the raid leader and group. Seems kiting with a DK is fairly popular and successful. We haven't been doing anything with the frenzies, usually just healing through them. We will have to try the rogue skill on Gluth to cancel them, that will make the tank healing smoother.

Re:

I took a different attitude to this particularly annoying encounter. The bottom line is that our kiters (no frost mage, so we used hunters) were having too much trouble and couldn’t seem to keep themselves alive. It was no use saying “you have to get this right, it’s your job”; we simply needed a way to deal with the zombie chow.

Check out my Gluth kills on the armoury.

Basically, as previously suggested, I tanked them. I had our death knight put on his tanking gear to off-tank Gluth (paladin as MT) and I picked up the zombies. Naturally, Taunt, Thunderclap and Demoralizing Shout were my mainstays and I found that I did, indeed, have to physically kite them to help the healer out sometimes. Shockwave also happens to be fantastic for stunning all the zombies while they get nuked down after Decimate. The simple fact here, though, is that we got him down.

I’ve said nothing new here, but I just want to establish the fact that the zombie chow can be (pretty much) conventionally tanked if your kiters are having too many snags.

It’s not ideal, but it’s worth consideration if all else is failing.

Is it possible to remove the debuff the zombie chows gives you were having some problems with it in our guild since we lack a hunter and mage have been having some probs with aggroing them or isnt it possible for a melee dps to take them becouse of debuff?

off topic here but can anyone identify ciderhelms ui mod?

A note on raid setup for gluth. We allways goes with 2 tanks for naxx, but for gluth 2 1/2 meaning: The MT on gluth with a feral drood (kitty-dps in bearform) to taunt of for the debuff and a prot pally to take care of the zombie chow. this tactics have proven very effective for us so thought i would share it here

Cider what raid frames are you using in this video in the top left. I think i like it better than grid.

We'll be trying Gluth tonight. My OT is actually going to kite (another Prot pally) and our DK is going to pop some def gear on and OT while my stacks go down. Hopefully this works out.

+ Reply to Thread