+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Gluth

Naxxramas Gluth

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Here's the original 40-man encounter, for anyone interested:

[ame="http://files.filefront.com/ETGluthwmv/;12499640;/fileinfo.html"]ETGluth.wmv - FileFront.com@@AMEPARAM@@http://static.filefront.com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=859406@@AMEPARAM@@static.filefront. com/ffv6/player/vp_embed.swf?v=859406[/ame]

As an aside, I like what you're doing now with nesting the video on the second post. Keeps the front page a lot less cluttered.

Added 40-man Gluth movie.

Paladins should definitely use Holy Wrath for the decimate, even as a tank I was able to get to the zombies and drop a HW and get back to taunt gluth off in time, you just have to time the taunts with the other tank.
    Last edited by Killuha; 11-29-2008 at 12:09 PM. Reason: grammar, clarification

Rogues did get anesthetic poison, our rogue used it on the encounter...was very effective.

Fear ward cheaters! =P
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Rogues poison is called Anasthetic Poison, it works even on 25 man. It's nice to use as hunters aren't always in range due to dropping traps, and on 25 man the enrage severely boosts Gluth's damage.

Anesthetic Poison II - Item - World of Warcraft

Anesthetic poison also removes the 5 minute enrage on 10 man, never done 25 man yet.

It removed the 5 minute enrage in 25 man tonight. Pretty weird.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

A interesting note... Divine Shield does not remove the zombie's debuff nor Mortal Wounds. Cant' speak for CoS.
    Worlde - Prot Paladin
    Darkworldie - Tank DW Frost DK
    Uord - Prot Warrior
    Huordie - Feral / Resto Druid

Gluth doesn't appear to be fearing you - has this changed?

There's no fear in 10 or 25 man.

lame :|

WTB NEW BEAR FORM

o right

nice work as with all these vids keep up the good work

If you jump out of the tube as far as you can(as the tank) you can charge gluth while falling down, without taking the 5k fall damage. It's not much, but it might help

Quote Originally Posted by Warstomper View Post
    If you jump out of the tube as far as you can(as the tank) you can charge gluth while falling down, without taking the 5k fall damage. It's not much, but it might help
    This is true, though if a healer casts a heal to top people off while in the tube, Gluth will evade the charge since he'll be targeting the healer which he is unable to attack.

I have to say something that has been incredibly helpful for our kiting experiences is to have a deathknight with you. We have a mage and a deathknight dedicated to chows. The mage slows them down with whatever he can and the DK makes sure that anything that gets too close to him either gets deathgripped or smacked and kited back (keeping it off the healer aggro). This works especially well right before the decimate to snag up any chows which might be especially close.
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

I have a question on raid make up. We did gluth several times last night got him to 10% and had trouble after that due to healers oom and little miscommunication on which tank had threat due to taunt (but we fixed that issue quickly). We had two healidan's and resto sham. The kite event in the back area was going well after kiters started getting there dance down. Your vid was perfect and straight forward thanks

Thanks for your video guides, it's very clear and very helpful.

The kiting is hardly seen from the MT point of view though.

I guess, someone picks up the adds and circles in the back of the room slowing them as much as possible.
    At this stage, the raid is still focusing Gluth and the adds are only really killed after a Decimate has down them to 25 000 hp.
    Am I right ?

Thanks again for your help ^^

PS: off topic question, what is the Add On in the middle of your screen which includes life bars and key action buttons ?
    Last edited by Hylune; 12-05-2008 at 07:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread