+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how did this happen?

how did this happen?

So ive followed polar's pre-nax tank guide very strictly. I have almost every item on that list. Im sitting at about 540 defense rating and 20k hp unbuffed. Went into Heroic Caverns of Time: culling of stratholme tonight and got lit up by first boss. Healer was having a hard time keeping me up. We wiped on him 3 times before calling it. I know what im doing too. This was my first 80 heroic but if im barely able to stay up in a heroic how can i tank nax. And like i said i have most of polar's pre nax gear

The World of Warcraft Armory

With the exception of a couple enchants im there. I did notice on dmg
    report that i came in third over a mage. Is this why we wiped, cause dps wasnt doing its job, or what? Maybe heals? Please help me to know what i need to work on as a tank. And if my gear still isnt even good enough for heroics, any suggestions on what i can improve on?

First off I'd get your bracers and or shield enchanted and hit 540 defense. Second not that its impossible to do with what your sporting, that boss doss hit pretty hard for an initial boss in a heroic. Also sounds like your healer was slackin / lackin gear as well, should not be so hard as to wipe three times on that encounter..

Also keep in mind that a pre-raiding gear setup doesn't necessarily mean you are 100% good to go for heroics. TBC heroics weren't (for the most part) easily completable for a group without at least some raid level gear. My guild hasn't raided nor set foot into a heroic yet, and we have at least one tank at 20k health unbuffed right now, so you may want to look at some more gear upgrades. Some of the blacksmithing epic crafted items are amazing. You should finish off your blacksmithing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackarnolds View Post
    First off I'd get your bracers and or shield enchanted and hit 540 defense. Second not that its impossible to do with what your sporting, that boss doss hit pretty hard for an initial boss in a heroic. Also sounds like your healer was slackin / lackin gear as well, should not be so hard as to wipe three times on that encounter..
    Also your shoulders - if you can't get the shoulder enchant from Sons of Hodir yet, you can pick up the one from the Aldor - it will get you some help with defense. Your helm and legs don't have anything on them either - there's the KoT thing for helms if you're not high enough rep for (I believe) the Argent Crusade one, and an armor kit for your legs.

Isn't the heroic defense level like 5 points below raid, though? I seem to recall that we only needed 485 defense for heroics, and 490 for raiding.

K so i found out that its basically my healer. I ran it today with a better healer and didnt wipe once. Then ran another heroic with the previous healer and wiped alot again. He's a friend of mine and is getting frustrated realizing he may not be ready for some heroics. Do any of u know of priest websites like tankspot? or have any suggestions for him on stats, gear etc? it would be much appreciated

First off, grats on the shield.

Second, a good healer is the most important thing while doing heroics. In my experience things just hit too hard even with so called "raid gear". Most of the time, we are not seeing a lot of CC these days. With anywhere from 3-5 heroic elites trying to bang our heads in at once, this is alot of incoming damage. While I do not know any websites for your friend to visit, I would suggest that he look around the blogosphere for some.

As for you, may I make the simple suggestion that you focus in on your Wyrmrest reputation. Unfortunately, with the championing system, there is little place for any tabards but the rep tabards until you are exalted with all 4.

Not sure what your friend plays, but there is a healing forum here for druids and pallies: Healing Discussion - TankSpot.

If he's one of the other healing classes, it's possible there are links out to other sites in that section of the forums.

Heroic Old Stratholme is one of the most physically punishing 5 mans there is. There's also a debuff the mobs put on you which I believe is a disease or a poison that increases physical damage taken by like 50%. Anyway, you should have been okay with that gear assuming you were doing demo, tc, sb, and stuns when applicable to keep yourself alive, and staggering any other CD's for a boss. (last stand+enraged regen in tandem is a hefty HoT on yourself, etc)
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

+ Reply to Thread