+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Anub'rekhan

Quote Originally Posted by loquatious View Post
    Cider why not start the kite off with an intervene? I get a free lead on him that way, just have a ranged dps stand over where i need to intervene.
    I didn't want to make it difficult on our raiders who had not seen the encounter before. This was just our second pull. I do suggest using an Intervene in the movie.

That said, the earlier comment that you can just stand there and eat it works fine, so long as the healers are aware. I did that this week w/ no issue other than my health dipping low the first time.

Agreed- I tanked it in place last night with a two healer-raid and had no problems. Kind of a shame, really- your video looked like a more fun way to go.

I didn't see anyone else comment on this, so I'll toss this suggestion in. If you are tanking him as a druid, you can pop cat form while running away to get your speed bonus. Even just the extra speed from Feral Swiftness (assuming you have the talent, which most tank builds do for the dodge) will help, but if you bump into a wall and it slows you down, Dash comes in handy as well. You don't get hit with any melee damage, so the squishiness of cat doesn't hurt you at all.

One other thing I noticed is that you can't cast Barkskin while being hit with Locust swarm. This surprised me since you can cast that spell when under the effects of other incapacitate-type spells (fear, stuns, frozen, asleep, etc).

We tried the strategy of just eating the locust swarms rather than kiting and it did not work for us. I think a healer may have been positioned to close and got silenced. As noted above, I couldn't Barkskin or really use any other emergency buttons. I wouldn't have minded trying it that way again, but the raid leader was adamant that kiting was the way to go and wasn't really willing to give that idea another shot.

We had a few wipes on this guy initially, I think because of general confusion with the strategy. The RL for some reason wanted a hunter to grab aggro and kite him across the room, which did not work very well. I think the RL might have been remembering using the Intervene trick in 40-mans back in the day...but of course I'm not a warrior, so that was never going to work.
    Taur (80 feral druid), Chanu (70 shaman, waiting for his turn to level), Sareu (new favorite alt, lowbie prot warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaTaur View Post
    We had a few wipes on this guy initially, I think because of general confusion with the strategy. The RL for some reason wanted a hunter to grab aggro and kite him across the room, which did not work very well. I think the RL might have been remembering using the Intervene trick in 40-mans back in the day...but of course I'm not a warrior, so that was never going to work.
    You RL sounds less than optimally intelligent if he seriously expected and wanted a Hunter to pull hate and kite him across the room. Using AotP to kite across now is unnecessary, and honestly if the MT has problems getting out in time it's just a matter of "Move faster, sooner." now.

You couldn't Intervene back in the 40 man days because it didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    You RL sounds less than optimally intelligent if he seriously expected and wanted a Hunter to pull hate and kite him across the room. Using AotP to kite across now is unnecessary, and honestly if the MT has problems getting out in time it's just a matter of "Move faster, sooner." now.

You couldn't Intervene back in the 40 man days because it didn't exist.
    You make a good point. I'm really not sure what he was thinking.

As far as getting out in time, my issue initially was running on the inside of the water, rather on the outside lip shown in the video. Once I started using that lip, getting out in time was easy. The reason I WASN'T on the lip on the initial attempts was because it put me out of range of healers...which of course shouldn't matter because I'm not taking damage at that time anyway.

So once we sorted all that out, the encounter went quite well.
    Taur (80 feral druid), Chanu (70 shaman, waiting for his turn to level), Sareu (new favorite alt, lowbie prot warrior)

Firstly, thanks for the video. I never actually got as far as Anub'rekhan pre-tbc so I wasn't even sure of where the kite path was or even how the surroundings looked - this was a huge help.

One thought though. Just before this encounter I went and specced Pursuit of Justice (15% movement increase), since we have no Hunter and DK and I didn't want to rely on Swiftness Potions (which I also noticed doesn't work for more than one run, since the CD only starts cooling down upon leaving combat).
    So, most of the times I ran only with 15% increase. I can't say I ran the milisecond the castbar appeared, more like halfway through, and sometimes later due to Impale, but I didn't once get out of Locust Swarm any earlier than maybe, tops, 20 yards before the "jump" at the end of the sludge-path. Luckily the healers did their part with splendor, and it didn't seem like a problem either when I glanced at my healthbar.

However, since we were only 8 (3 healers, 2 tanks, rest dps) in entry level gear, the Enrage hit us like a ton of bricks at 25%ish.

I'd also like to thank you for the video. It's a very high quality, and has a nice description of how the encounter works.

My fairly casual guild attempted Anub'Rekhan tonight and wiped over and over. I believe the problem was with the Corpse Scarabs. They come out of the corpses randomly, and the mage couldn't ever see them in time to Frost Nova them.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to handle the Scarabs? Eventually they become overwhelming and there's just nothing you can do to keep from wiping.

Have a mage on top of the dead bodies with 'V' activated.
    Then this mage can nova as soon as the red life bars of the scarab are displayed

this boss is pretty simple, to the guy who suggested cat form at the locust swarms it really isnt needed, ive done him 3 times MT'ing each time, running from the swarms in bear and i do get hit by the swarms more often than not, however i stick a holy pala on me and he can heal through it with no difficulty, i would offer some tips, if u run heavy melle raids like i do ( out of lack of ranged dps, not choice ) tell ure melle to move away from anub at 15 seconds before the locust, tell a hunter to volley @ the healers when crypt scarabs come, and other than that ask a resto druid to deal soley with the impales and the raid, keep 1 healer on ureself and ure golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigoth View Post
    this boss is pretty simple, to the guy who suggested cat form at the locust swarms it really isnt needed, ive done him 3 times MT'ing each time, running from the swarms in bear and i do get hit by the swarms more often than not, however i stick a holy pala on me and he can heal through it with no difficulty, i would offer some tips, if u run heavy melle raids like i do ( out of lack of ranged dps, not choice ) tell ure melle to move away from anub at 15 seconds before the locust, tell a hunter to volley @ the healers when crypt scarabs come, and other than that ask a resto druid to deal soley with the impales and the raid, keep 1 healer on ureself and ure golden.

same here, sometimes i get 5stacks on me (6-10k ticks) but with my 42k its pretty easily out healed haven't had 1 whipe on him so far :P
    Hybrid - Druid/Paladin

I tried a few times kiting him around using that little ledge in the video, but was unable to avoid the swarm each time. I have the new speed enchant so I'm guessing I just suck at kiting him around without assistance.

Instead i use an intervene macro to my focus target(usually a hunter) who is standing to the side near the slime. I don't get hit with a single stack of the debuff.
    /target focus
    /cast Intervene

im just wondering what a normal amount iof stacks of locust swarm is?
    when i ran this today i was nearly always getting 8 stacks and thats with me moving the millisecond he starts casting locust swarm

Great video - thanks!
    Does anybody else use charge after they have been impaled to reduce fall damage? I've found out if you charge about 1/3-1/2 on the way down, you can minimize/eliminate any fall damage that may incur

Just want to start off by saying very nice guides Cider!

I have been killing Anub'Rekhan both on 10-man and 25-man version, but I have a problem with the running part.

On 10-man I don't have any problem running away from him, easily doable..

In the 25-man version however I have yet to manage to get away from him without getting 10 stacks of Locust Swarm..

Anyone have any tips for me?
    Pretty new Registrant, but have been trolling for a long time

We also found it to be much easier to have the tank stand where he was and riide out the Locust Swarm with our healers focusing on him. When it started all our melee would run out and get on the guard or if they could heal they would throw there unspec'd heals to the tank to insure no spike damage took him out. This method working amaizingly well for us and after numerous attempts at kiting him we downed him our first try with this method. Definitely 2 thumbs up for this strat.

Intervene

My guild and I will be attempting this guy for the first time tonight. I would like to try and intervene out of the swarm. Where does the intervene target setup? If I am kiting along the edge I don't want to intervene through the slime. Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

First Attempt Epic Failure.

My Guild went into try this guy after farming another pair of T7 Gloves.

We tried to keep the tank (Prot Warrior) in during the Locus Swarm and seemed to be able to keep him up. The issue was that our Healers kept dying from the stupid Scarabs.

We tried to keep mages near him and even have the off tank (Pally) stand right next to the healers did seem to work.

Any suggestions?

Wow!

Thanks a lot for this video, it definitely helped us a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by CombatJack View Post
    I tried a few times kiting him around using that little ledge in the video, but was unable to avoid the swarm each time. I have the new speed enchant so I'm guessing I just suck at kiting him around without assistance.

Instead i use an intervene macro to my focus target(usually a hunter) who is standing to the side near the slime. I don't get hit with a single stack of the debuff.
    /target focus
    /cast Intervene
    People keep saying I should intervene but I take pride in kiting him the old 40man way, without hunter, and not taking a single debuff of locust swarm. Run in time !

Pallys Healers vs. Anub'rekhan

I found that a great way to heal through Locust Swarm can be for a pally healer to bubble and run with tank. Bubble will protect tank and the healer does not have to worry about positioning. As a warning the Locust Swarm lasts longer than the bubble so its best to set up ahead of tank's path then bubble once you get locust tick.

great trick for 25mans when you can set a healadin rotation for it

+ Reply to Thread