+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Anub'rekhan

Naxxramas Anub'rekhan

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizdancer View Post
    We did it as a PuG yesterday, without any kiting.

We just let the tank (a Paladin) tank Anub'Rekhan where he stands at the beginning, and when Locust Swarm was cast, everybody moved away from it, and the healers kept our tank up. Meanwhile the DPS finished off the add (which I was tanking).

So kiting isn't really necessary.
    I can confirm this works fine so long as your healers are aware. 10-man this week I stayed in one place the entire time and ate the locust swarm.

Thanks Cider, this clears up a lot of questions I had in my head about the encounter.

I'm also curious, I noticed your bars not showing the typical flashes of button spamming. Are you using some sort of GCD mod that tracks your 1.5 seconds somewhere else on your screen or are you just in the zone with your rotations?
    Bihn | <Summit>
    Seatbelts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bihn View Post
    Thanks Cider, this clears up a lot of questions I had in my head about the encounter.

I'm also curious, I noticed your bars not showing the typical flashes of button spamming. Are you using some sort of GCD mod that tracks your 1.5 seconds somewhere else on your screen or are you just in the zone with your rotations?
    You're probably not looking hard enough. I spam hard and fast.

In honesty, almost none of the current videos are done w/ me paying attention to my GCD or my abilities. Since I raid lead and these are first kills, and since I've done the encounters in 40-man already, I pay almost no attention to myself, my abilities, or the mob, but instead focus on calling out information to others in the raid and determining how people are doing. So I do run off muscle memory, but you'll occasionally see mistakes, particularly w/ Revenge, and you'll occasionally see stretches where I use abilities slower than the GCD permits. You wouldn't see this if I recorded kills a couple weeks from now.

hey Ciderhelm!
    i wonder whats the addon called that shows ur % health and rage in the middle of ur screen ?
    and is it SCT ur using ? cus i havent found out how to config SCT so it scrools like yours

fenga.

We just let the tank (a Paladin) tank Anub'Rekhan where he stands at the beginning, and when Locust Swarm was cast, everybody moved away from it, and the healers kept our tank up. Meanwhile the DPS finished off the add (which I was tanking).

Is the damage really that negligible? I'll go ahead and include this comment in the original post for visitors. I'd hope it isn't this easy in 25-man version.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenga View Post
    i wonder whats the addon called that shows ur % health and rage in the middle of ur screen ?
    You should take a look at Satrina's fine addon Digits

Quote Originally Posted by Fenga View Post
    and is it SCT ur using ? cus i havent found out how to config SCT so it scrools like yours
    According to his UI Information thread he is using MikScrollingBattleText

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Is the damage really that negligible? I'll go ahead and include this comment in the original post for visitors. I'd hope it isn't this easy in 25-man version.
    Well, he didn't drop below 70% HP during the fight. So yes, it is really... Pathetic damage.

EDIT: Speaking of pathetic damage, we downed Grand Widow Faerlina even though she was enraged from 300k HP and down. >.<

EDIT: Speaking of pathetic damage, we downed Grand Widow Faerlina even though she was enraged from 300k HP and down. >.<
    Yeah, the Faerlina video I'm putting together is like that, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Yeah, the Faerlina video I'm putting together is like that, too.
    It did make the fight a lot more exciting

Hmm, perhaps I should fraps some fights too, now that I finally begun raiding a bit.

I have killed him three times now (once on heroic) and allways kited. I know of guilds that don't kite him but I would be highly surprised if they will not change the Naxxramas tuning to have it work as intended. (Heigan with ignoring dancing in Phase 1 can't be intended either) From my point of view you might just learn to jump through the hoop instead of doing it the easy way and then to see it is getting retuned.

Thank you so very much for this video. Tanked him tonight, and felt a lot safer doing so having watched it beforehand.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

I have one comment about the video, the background music is too loud. English isn't my native language, so sometime I have hard time to understand what people say in English, and to be honest, the music didn't helped at all. Beside that, nice stuff and it will help a lot. thank.

My only question about the encounter is how exactly the insect swarm or whatever its called works. Does it do dmg to anyone within a 30 yd radius or is it more of a frontal cone effect???

Quote Originally Posted by Corgin View Post
    My only question about the encounter is how exactly the insect swarm or whatever its called works. Does it do dmg to anyone within a 30 yd radius or is it more of a frontal cone effect???
    It is anyone within 30 yards...raid needs to stay out of it and you need to book it. Run speed enchant or unholy DK makes a HUGE difference in amount of damage you take from locust. With the DK you prob wont even take a single stack of the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayella View Post
    Thank you so very much for this video. Tanked him tonight, and felt a lot safer doing so having watched it beforehand.

Same here, it feels good to have something backing you up - not just standing there infront of an new boss

I have watched and listen to this video several times , hammering in the strategy and how i should walk n turn and avoid the locust. Yesterday i told the pug guys to check the video out before the buffing and we 1 shotted Anub'Rekahn afterwards.

Thank you for this video , Ciderhelm!
    Oh and i gots the purple tanking ring from him ^^
    Northrend Forever - Forever Northrend

My guild took at stab at this boss about 3 days ago, 10 man, normal difficulty. Our MT is a warrior tank with roughly 30k HP buffed. I was our offtank, prot paladin with ~29k HP buffed. We wiped on him several times (before moving on to Instructor; wanted to get at least one boss down =/) and it seems our MT was just getting caught in Insect Swarm too often.

I was thinking about asking my guild to try me as MT this week, specced into Pursuit of Justice in the Ret tree - do you think this would help the encounter a bit, as it gives me 15% faster run speed? Thanks, and great video btw - I think I've really got a feel for how the encounter is supposed to work now.

Cider why not start the kite off with an intervene? I get a free lead on him that way, just have a ranged dps stand over where i need to intervene.

+ Reply to Thread