+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapon enchant at 80

Weapon enchant at 80

Hi guys

Was lucky enough to pick up the [Red Sword of Courage] from my first ever heroic Utgarde Pinnacle (kind of reminds of the days of Mechanar running for the Sun Eater for many... except I went straight from Grom'tor's to the King's Defender and skipped that ) yesterday and now I'm a bit unsure what to do with the thing.

I'm starting to wonder whether the old TBC "super" enchants still have merit these days. I had 26 AGI on a blue I'd picked up on one of my first heroics before this dropped for me as I thought "its probably better and its a WotLK enchant, surely can't be bad", but Mongoose and Executioner still seem appealing, Executioner especially for making even more threat generation.

Did levelling do anything to proc rates on these old enchants, and if so, would they still give buff averages on par/higher with the static 26 AGI bonus?

Titanium Weapon Chain is about the best these days with the Accuracy enchant being another possibility, but grossly expensive at the moment.

A cheap alternative is Enchant Weapon - Greater Potency (don't forget that everything that is not shield slam works off AP!). There's also Enchant Weapon - Superior Potency but it's unlikely to be cost effective right now.

It looks like enchanting is pretty unfinished right now since there are no drop recipes in game. I'm hoping that the coming content patch fixes that.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    It looks like enchanting is pretty unfinished right now since there are no drop recipes in game. I'm hoping that the coming content patch fixes that.
    Ya, I'm noticing that with a lot of the professions.

I would hope that in this first content patch that something more tank oriented than just hit rating or AP shows up for enchanting.

Yeah, I expect 3.1 to bring a lot of new professions things.

I'm personnally using executioner on my Slayer of the Lifeless.
    Behind every great player is a band of haters.

Or, for a nice stopgap measure, the old Potency (20str) is still pretty nice.

STR = ATK power+Block Value, always a win.

Mongoose is still looking nice, and depending on how cheap the mats are...
    November 23, 2004 8:27:03 AM - Glomgore 10+ Years of tanking? Priceless

Personally, I have gone back to Mongoose. The sheer lack of any +strength enchants has made me extremely dissatisfied. I figured the small avoidance increase and speed, will help me survive a bit more than the 50 AP or 25hit/crit will get me. Plus, Mongoose is incredibly cheap in comparison to Accuracy. In a guild where we have not started out right sharding raid drops yet, it would be incredibly difficult to warrant this enchant on the RSoC.

I am very hopeful for an updated strength to weapon enchant as a drop from somewhere, when and if they add drop enchants. As trained enchants go, attack power was their best choice since it caters to everyone, whereas strength really only hits paladins and warriors, so it's a specialty item.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Mongoose is still retaining a 50% uptime for me, which brings it to about 1% dodge, crit, and 120 armor on average.

There's no other "mitigation" enchants that really compare, and yes, it's depressing.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

+ Reply to Thread