+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to Tanking

New to Tanking

Yes, as a level 73 i have never tanked an instance. Here is my best tank setup, http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Elyn.

I am working with my guilds' main tank to learn to ropes. I have been dps/soloing all the way along.

Helpful comments would be appreciated.

If you are new to tanking, I would strongly suggest reading the basic guides available on tankspot.

As far as your gear goes, it isn't too bad for your gear level if you're only starting tanking. You should definately look for better trinkets (try to find +def trinkets at first or +stam trinket if you can't) and a better weapon/ring with defensive stats on them. You can look at the auction house for "... of the champion" items as they are built with STR, STAM and defense rating on them. Also keep a look on group quests and instance quests that might reward you with tanking items.

As far as your spec goes, make sure to fill completely Toughness, Vitality and Deflection. Iron Will is a very, very situational talent as mobs/bosses that can stun you are rare. If you are going for impale (which i guess you are), then you should put 5/5 Deflection, 3/3 imp. heroic strike, 2/2 imp. charge and 2/2 impale.
    Behind every great player is a band of haters.

guides FTW

+ Reply to Thread