+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Naxxramas Grobbulus

My guild got a problem with him... someone allways plant the fart in the mid so ranged get's owned... we got him on 2%... it sucks pretty much... our healers is okay, but not as good as they should be, my paldin healer mate is overhealing all of them, maybe its skills.. i don't know... against this one you should be 2 tanks 3 healers and 5 dps?

The frequency of the injections speeds up as the fight progresses, at the end of the fight you will have two people getting the injection at the same time, so they are less than 8 seconds apart.

Calling out in vent who has the injection is OK, but due to lag and buffering it could be 2 seconds before they hear, so its important that they stop casting and move right away, there isn't time to get that last heal off or finish fireball; they have about 8 sec from realizing they have the injection to release.

When dropping the injection, behind the boss, make sure if the player gets there early, they continue to move relative to the boss (you can now cleanse this without causing damage to the caster, but it drops the injection, so if they are in position you can force the drop and get the player back into the fray sooner). Dropping the injection means that the player will be in a cloud for at least 1 tick, so make sure they are not low on health. They also need to move immeditaly after it drops, a couple ticks is enough to kill a player with low health.

Also, when Grob spews, an add is created for everyone hit by the slime. If you are getting more than 1, from the tank getting hit, you have to make some adjustments. Make sure that melee is always behind him. If Grob seems to be turning around and spewing, its a kiting problem.

When you are tanking Grob its better to be continually moving him backwards. If you wait til he drops his poison cloud, then move him backwards, when you stop the next time, Grob may continue forward to far, then turn around and step back. If he spews at that time, you will get as many adds as there are melee. If you keep moving, you will see him turn around and pause occasionally, but that is when he is injecting, and he will catch up to you; again if you are still moving backwards he won't readjust.

The best speed to tank him is walking backward. Your character is almost always in run mode, by pressing the "/" key on the numberpad you cycle between run and walk. If you charge Grob on at the ramp, be sure to press the key again, as charging, Intercept, etc. changes you back to run.

Oh, and by continually moving, melee dps will go down slightly, but it will force them to keep moving and not stand in any of the clouds that Grob drops.

You had to get past Patch to get there, so you should have the dps needed. If you are swapping out players after patch, and hitting the enrage timer with everyone alive, you need to revisit who you are replacing.

Grob

Hi we finally got him, we gathered our best groupe and did the tac and got him. And cleared it all btw . so im very happy. I think grob is the hardest boss in naxx. We got saph in 1st try, so it was a good run. And thx for the help

quick question - what is the ideal # of healers?

Is it possible with 2 or is it recommended ot bring 3?

2 is perfect for this fight, also melee does a fine job at this boss if played right i switched from tanking him twice to dps and did 2200 dps with all the running. Thing is that offtank and melee dps needs to kill that Spawn right behind the boss and continue to dps the boss. If OT gets Injection have other Plate wearer taunt the Spawn so its killed and u dont have to chase it all over the place. Atm we down him in 0,7 of a circle and do entire naxx in 3:30 hours

Also, tell ALL ranged players to stand EXACTLY at the same spot [one in another!] Standing like this gives you more "room" and if anyone out of this group gets injection he doesnt have to run through a ton of people and risk AoEing them, instead he just gets out of the rest people that stand on him run drop and gets back. Worked miracles for us.

thanks so much

This video was very informative for me although i have cleared outside of guild in 10 and 25 man on my shaman heals and dps .
    My main however is ot for this fight in guild and we have had alot of problems with him 2melee and 3ranged 3 heals mt and ot build.
    we have tried pulling adds away from boss but that doesn't help so i will try this way. Our main issue if the dropping of the clouds noone seems to get it :} i have requested that they all watch the video on him, so we shall see how it goes tonight .
    thanks again for the help

and yes he does suck!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread