+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Grobbulus

Maybe this is a myth, but I believe on wowwiki or wowhead they say it might be that he decides to spray if the tank moves out of melee range. We were noticing a lot more random sprays last night, and then after someone mentioned the above I was careful to not be moving while he turned and injected people. It seemed like this way he was always only spraying me and not the raid.

Maybe it was luck, but I think I'll be sticking to that in the future.

Also, it's annoying to have a DK in the group (unholy I think?). They have some kind of plague aura or strike thing that looks very similar to Grob's poison clouds. Confused me sometimes if I wasn't watching for the green flash close enough.

I was also having issues with him wanting to move directly on top of me, then having to turn around to reposition himself.

Sigh...I've learned to hate this guy. Guild run wiped on him for 3 hours last Naxx run. We'd downed Patches the previous night, so Grobb was the first and only one we ended up fighting the entire night. Tried kiting him on the outer wall, on the inner wall, no real difference noticed. There was a long debate on how far to kite him exactly, how big the rings get, what ranged should do, what melee should do, etc. We wiped on him so much, the richer members of the group ended up donating gold to the poorer members for repairs :P Think I lost track once we reached the double digits.

Anyway, the closest we got was someplace past the 25% mark, and it was just the speed which people were getting injected was killing else. Our designated callee was yelling a different name about once every second, and it killed our dps and was so chaotic, it just wiped the attempt.

We'll get him eventually. I hope.
    http://sigs.guildlaunch.net/wsig.php/5930002RGVDu.png
    It's not about causing more dmg, it's about taking more...
    Shad˛w Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by UWSkeletor View Post
    I was also having issues with him wanting to move directly on top of me, then having to turn around to reposition himself.
    I had the same problem until I recently found a solution. What I do when tanking this boss is toggling run/walk and walking backwards. This way you'll never go out of melee range and boss won't spray random people.

I was just wondering where is the off tank supposed to tank the adds?

Ok, we spent an entire evening wiping on this guy. This was our strat. I pulled Grob, and started the fight about half way down the lower ramp. I took auto-run off, and basically walked without stopping around the wall, as was suggested. With the slow walk, he drops his clouds at fairly spaced intervals, more or less what Cider shows in his video. We have a pally running about like a champion gathering up slimes and they're killed.

The trouble is that I can't stop him from spinning around when he sprays. Most of the time it's perfect. I'm the only one who gets hit with it, but once or twice a fight he turns and hits other people, and if it's towards the end of the encounter, say 25% or less, then our already stressed healers just can't hold the offtank up anymore, through two or more slimes. Once we got four. Our group has two melee, a feral and a rogue, the rest ranged, including one hunter and his cat. I suppose for this, the cat counts as melee, and we did see it injected at least once.

Signed,
    Frustrated of Mayfair.

Downed this guy 1/1, after 4-5 wipes. Hardest part was to get the melee dps to dump their disease at the right spot (BEHIND GROBB GUYS, BEHIND!).
    I am the spearhead. I am relentless. I am the last line of defense. I am a Warrior.

how longq

ok so my guild has bien having a bit of a problem with this boss
    we havnt tried this strategy yet but as of tonight we will be implementing it

quikc question How long do the clouds stay up? so i know how long i should take to make a complete revolution of the room

Im not sure how long the clouds stay up but if you space your self by a couple of yards from the last cloud they most definitely will be despawned by the time you make a full revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    Im not sure how long the clouds stay up but if you space your self by a couple of yards from the last cloud they most definitely will be despawned by the time you make a full revolution.
    We do even more than this, I'd say 15 yards easy, and they are gone by the time we go around. Give your dps plenty of room back there!

After two or three tries we downed this bad boy in 10 man. Our biggest issue was people not running out when they got injected. Smacked the group a few times. Our MT for the fight also was kiting him around in a smaller circle than we really needed and we ended up overlapping the AoEs before we wiped. I will say from an off-tanking standpoint that trying to get fallout slimes when you've been injected is a pain!

I've noticed when getting the Injection that once you drop it you have a few second to get out of it without taking dmg from it. Could this be used to allow for cloer placement to a previously laid cloud to allow for a shorter movement distance between Grob's clouds??

We're also pretty Melee heavy on this fight, and I've also seen an alternate strat to tank him slightly further in from the wall. which should give the melee more room to run to the outside wall, and drop their goo on the floor.
    has anyone tested this? or has a better suggestion? I know this fight is harder on 10 man, but patchwerk is our B***h now. we're killing him with more than two miniutes left on the enrage timer. but we're losing too much DPS during the fianal 30% on grobb when he starts spamming the injections.

Any help would be .....helpful!

Secondly, why isn't my profile pic showing? do i need a certain rank?
    Seriously? is that guy using volley on Saph?

Scratch that

Whooped him tonight, Key seemed to be that we decided to have the Melee on adds when they were near Grob, and have ranged on them when the off tank got injected, warning the MT to pick up adds if they spawn while the OT is far away.
    Seriously? is that guy using volley on Saph?

Did it first try with two paladin healers who both had pure of heart talent.

Don't know why your's had to respec. Just look when you have the debuff, doesnt take a rocket scientist.

After a full night of wiping on this boss, we got him down 2nd try the next week. I tanked him with auto-run off, walking constantly backwards, just to the outside edge of that grate that runs around the room, in from the walls. We were melee heavy, with only one ranged, and melee were instructed to attack from the outta wall side of Grob, and if they got infected to run to the wall and drop the infection there.

The paladin offtank was collecting the slimes and tanking them near the melee pack, who would swap to the slimes then back to the boss. Having them near made for more aoe damage of course, but much less downtime for them running backwards and forwards to the slimes and the boss.

I am in Western Australia, so have never had less than 300ms lag, even on the best of days. Stopping and holding him in place till he sprays didn't work, as lag and positioning issues caused him to wander around me repositioning himself, and often spraying the rest of the raid. We had two holy priests and one resto shammy.

Hope this helps.

Our guild has downed Grob a few times but we have trouble with him when DPS isn't that hot.

Wowwiki says this about the injection:

Cast on a random raid member every ~20 seconds with the frequency increasing as Grobbulus' health drops. After 10 seconds, or if cleansed, the affected player will deal 8075 to 8925 Nature damage to everyone within 20 yards (including herself) as Mutagen Explosion and create a poison cloud beneath them.
    It seems to me that the injected players needs to run further back to avoid hitting people with the Mutagen Explosion. As I read it it does 8k to anyone in 20 yards when the injection wears off/is cleansed.

tomorrow or Thursday i will be making a complete guide on tanking grobbulus, Ciderhelm as always did a great job with his video and im in no way doubting anything he said in that video, My video will be foccused on exactly how to tank him where and how to move him, Where to drop the clouds and where to tank the adds, Ill either make a new topic or post it here so if your struggling check back in 1-2 days.

hey i have a Q for the injection. when a player is injected, do they automatically get a skull over their heads, or does somebody have a macro that takes care of that?

Quote Originally Posted by the_yeti View Post
    hey i have a Q for the injection. when a player is injected, do they automatically get a skull over their heads, or does somebody have a macro that takes care of that?
    Deadly Boss Mods or something similar, I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Quite possible for this to happen. When this happens, the tank needs to be moving Grobbulus immediately and the person injected should squeeze in the gap as soon as it opens up. The injection leaves a long enough period to get in.

Alternatively, if there's a clear spot between the last clouds, they can run there a little further back in the clouds.

Hi i'm new to this forum, but i tank for almost 3 year's. Just wanna say a little thing to help you guys the person that gets injected should stay between the 2 clouds and "hug" the wall so the "bubble" that his injection will leave will be reduced to half so the Off-tank as that space to stay with add's.

+ Reply to Thread