+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Grobbulus

We seem to be having a problem with grob turning and spraying multiple ppl and we dont know why hes turning no one is pulling agro cany help is appreciated

Just bad timing. It is possible for him to turn to inject someone someone, and spray as he turns.

In the strats I read, the boss does the Slime Spray in a 180 degree. In the video, I saw your ranged and some healers in the front and on the sides of the boss in that 180 degree zone. However, they did not get a fall out slime. Is there a range to the slime spray?... like 180 degrees in front IF you are within melee range?... 10 yards or something?

Thanks for the great video. We spent about an hour on him on Saturday (Roughly 5 or 6 tries) before we logged for the night. I watched this video, implemented it into out stratagy on Sunday and we dropped him on the 2nd try. Cider, thanks for the video. These are a great help.

Crucious

Excellent Video

Excellent video and strategy so far, makes Naxx a joke in a lot of respects, cept for this guy..

my raid group has been working hard on this guy, and well we just arent getting him.

I am an Enhance Shaman, and the rest of the raid consists of 2 Ret Paladins, Warrior MT, DK OT, Holy Priest, Holy Paladin, Resto Shaman, Mage and Rogue.

I think we are just too melee heavy for that final 20%, I am considering just ignoring the slimes at 20% and burning the boss as is suggested in a previous post, but any further suggestions would be really helpful.

lore we are the same as you we get him to 15% 3 times now and he speeds up his injects and in doing this when he turns around he sprays and there are too many adds up...we have wiped 15 times on him,

we have cleared all other bosses up until this guy in the suggested raid progression its really frustrating us...any tips..

Last night our group was myself MT warrior tank, OT was pally..
    melee dps warrior and rougue
    boomkin, hunter and lock for ranged
    3 druid healers.

now when the adds come up should all dps kill them and then go back to boss or should it just be ranged ?

Also should ranged just stay in the middle unless they are infected...?

Any help is great

Thx

My guild is stuck on this particular boss. When he gets to 20% and starts injecting three people at a time even with four healers, we cant seem to keep up. I know our healrs are geared enough. We just run out of room to lay the clouds down. Any suggestions on how to do this.

what addons are you using?

Great videos Cinder - Thank you very much for these.

I do have a question regarding this fight. I note that you are moving quite far back after every cloud drop. Just to confirm, are your raid members who get injected, running into the space between this newly dropped cloud, and the previously dropped expanding cloud?

When my guild tried this a couple days back, I (as a melee) found that it was very hard to find an empty spot near the wall that I could quickly get to. I'd often end up running back beyond 3-4 cloud spawns in order to find a safe zone.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by afanasenkov View Post
    what addons are you using?
    I am currently using healbot, DBM, and grid.

My group was having trouble with getting him down before the soft enrage wiped us.

Our solution was to have a holy preist pwshield the deseased raid member and dispell the desease when the person was in a safe spot behind the boss. This gave 4 or 5 extra seconds of dps time for each person that gets the desease. The person doing the dispelling will obviously have to heal their dispell target as well.
    This fight is not heal intensive at all as long as you dont hit the soft enrage, dispelling the desease will make up for the lack of dps time, if you have a group with 3 heals.

how this isnt the last boss ill never know, we had issues with the slimes when he randomly turns and sprays the melle, but being a dedicated guild we wiped 25 times and got him on the 26th attempt, now bare in mind we dont suck, were now 15/15 in naxx, got kel down in 2 attempts and 1 shotted other bosses ( im speaking about 10 man. )

i think he will get nerfed imo he needs it.

Fat bastard ate our lunch tonight. I rewatched the video and got a better handle on what I need to be doing. I was only moving him far enough to give the melee room to operate but it didn't leave near enough room to allow people to move in and drop thier mutating poison.

In the end, we got him to 25% then went and kicked the crap out of Sartharion for free loot and badges. We still have DPS issues and they may come into play but I didn't get a DBM warning of any kind on the 25% pull.

So...I think we have this, again, with the help of the project Marmot videos and discussion. We'll see next Sunday.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Have your healer that is assigned to injected people call out as each person is injected, keep the gaps for safe explosion spots, and all DPS kill the Slimes as soon as they spawn.

The only time I've ever seen multiple spawn is when people get in the way, I don't believe the attack is implemented so poorly that he will use it when he is injecting people, its more likely that your melee is getting to close in/not adjusting when the boss takes a few steps back.

After the first week in 10 man wiping, waiting for it to click for people that standing in the AoE after they explode is bad you should have him down to a tee.

I don't believe we've ever had a wipe to him in 25s following the simple steps laid out above.

When kiting him, I am very careful to move a set distance and stop, even stuttering back when he goes goofy but somewhere in there, he seems to over run me and adjust. While he repositions, he may hose the raid and slimes are everywhere. I think its just something I have to be a little creative with and the raid will have to deal with.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Poison clouds

We tried this on a PUG while following the advice and were amazed to find that nobody could follow directions. A major problem happened to be that people were staying in the clouds that we all knew were the major killer. I happened to find out the reason for the confusion we suffered on a fluke while adjusting my video settings.
    If effects are not turned up it makes the poison clouds extremely hard to see (also I was astonished to see the pancakes that DKs dropped in DD and other spells I was missing). This may be one of the few battles that really requires HIGH effects as the clouds become BRIGHT green without any room to question where their limits are. I'm sure this has caused some trouble with PUGs elsewhere and I hope this information helps you.

more injections at 30%

We are having trouble on this boss in the 10 man mode after he hits 30% and starts to inject 4 players, maybe it is something we are doing or not doing is there anything you can suggest to help us out. or setup is generally

warrior mt, warrior ot, mage(myself) shammy heals, drood heals, random healer (any class), hunter, hance shammy, lock, boomkin druid

Alright hi i noticed that your raid members when they get the disease and run to the spot where they need to go there always toped off which is needed but when the disease goes off your raid members arent getting hurt but when my raid members to it they get hurt alot or is it just the druid healer because my raid doesnt have a druid healer...

well its just a quick ? but if a hunters pet gets hit could it be the reason more adds spawn in?

8th attempt with pug.

we run flawlessly till 19%, both ranged dps (yes we only had 2) die. it's okay guys, keep going.

Shaman healer d/c's and dies, healers slowly die, BURN BURN BURN.

0%... ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG... prot pally last one up... dies... 1210/2928450......... grobbulus survived with friggen 1210 hp...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRHRHAHRHELKAJDLKSJLKWJ KLDJAKLJLKAJDKSJDKLAJDLKASJDKLASJDLKASJDKLASJDLKAJ SDKLAJSDKLAJSLKDJASKLDJ

>:T
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 12-30-2008 at 12:58 PM.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread