+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Grobbulus

Naxxramas Grobbulus

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)

Quote Originally Posted by Blighty of Bloodhoof
    Actually, we had a guy getting grief for this tonight, and it turns out he was a holy paladin with the Pure of Heart talent I think it's called. It cuts the duration of diseases in half, so he had 5 sec to run instead of 10 or something like that. I ended up paying him 50g to respec out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylicious of Destromath
    But do be careful if your Holy Paladin are speced into Pure of Heart. It reduces the duration of diseases and curses by 50% and affects (at least the 10 man version) of Mutating Infection. My other guild group was having issues with it until they discovered the cause.
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Wow those gaps are actually a very good idea.
    Had a lot of trouble to kill him, the way we did it whoever got injected had to run all the way to the other side of the room.

btw, some people that exploded in the middle of the raid group said that it happened before the 10 second timer ended (and again when it did).
    Does this actually happen?

The only way i can see that people exploded before the 10 seconds timer ended is because they got cleansed while running. Cleansing doesn't remove it, it triggers it.

Paladins and priests need to stop their trigger happy dispel reaction on this one.
    Behind every great player is a band of haters.

The way we do it is quite similar but involves alot less movement and gaps. We kite him actually along the inner rim of the room where the metallic ground is. Its in a "U" shape in the room. Then anyone who is injected basically runs towards the wall through the boss and places it on the out side.

Below is a diagram i put together.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: grobrj7.jpg
    Last edited by Nuke; 11-28-2008 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Updated Picture

Where do you offtank the adds and what does the offtank do when he gets injection? I'm not sure what is the best answer to these questions.

I gave cider's strat a try the whole night, but with 5 melee the dps uptime was crap. In the last 20% when the debuffs are injected more often, everything was chaotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    The way we do it is quite similar but involves alot less movement and gaps. We kite him actually along the inner rim of the room where the metallic ground is. Its in a "U" shape in the room. Then anyone who is injected basically runs towards the wall through the boss and places it on the out side. I made a very rough diagram of it from a picture i got off google. Ill update it later.

ImageShack - Image Hosting :: roughsketchvn0.jpg
    Sounds good, I'm going to give it a try tonight hope we get him.
    It's going to be troublesome if someone that's crossing to infected safe spot gets sprayed. An extra add is never good.

Awesome job, thanks for the input.
    Last edited by Miyagui; 11-28-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagui View Post
    I gave cider's strat a try the whole night, but with 5 melee the dps uptime was crap. In the last 20% when the debuffs are injected more often, everything was chaotic.

Sounds good, I'm going to give it a try tonight hope we get him.
    It's going to be troublesome if someone that's crossing to infected safe spot gets sprayed. An extra add is never good.

Awesome job, thanks for the input.
    The adds really weren't a problem for us we got them down really quick. I think a couple extra did spawn because of that but it wasn't a problem. The only reason why we wiped because our warlock on two occasions thought he pulled agro and ran away from the boss but instead it was DBM telling him he got infected.

Here is my Question....I donīt know what do with adds....All dps go dmg to him or only 1-2 dps ...and rest of dps to boss?...

Thx for answer

Range nuke the adds, they die quickly

Melee heavy group

For a start, great videos and in fact all these guides have been majorly helpful in progressing through Naxx.

I gave this encounter a quick try last night but was immediately struck with a problem.

With four melee in the group we were running into problems whereby our off-tank would get the Mutating Injection while taking care of the add. With only one ranged it would result in our melee being well out of position after having to follow the off-tank while he laid down his poison cloud and thus we had appalling DPS uptime on the boss.

We have always run melee heavy raids and I don't see it changing in the near future. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Hey tankspot just wanted to show my appreciation for all the vids youve posted, i lead a small hardcore/casual guild and we followed ure vids to the letter, with a heavy melle raid, and only 2 ranged we struggled with the poison alltho i got the tanking near perfect on the third attempt and we killed him with 9 people still alive, if not for the vid i wouldnt have thout to tank him as you did so thank you again!

I MT for a smaller more casual guild and this week we finally got most of our core players to 80. We scheduled Naxx for last night and with three pugged dps had a fairly successful night; we one-shotted Anub/Widow/Patchwerk (in large part due to your videos), Maexxna took three attempts but once we understood the fight she went down easy, but for the life of us we just couldn't down Grobbulus.

Like a couple of others posters, we ran with a very heavy melee group which hurts us in this fight for obivous reasons. We're going back in tonight and I'm going to try kiting him in a smaller circle as a previous poster suggested, with those with the Injections running outside of the kite path to an outter wall. Does anyone have any other ideas they suggest we try?

first thing is i would like to thank Tankspot, there guides are off the hook, and here is my question on Grobbulus. Is it possible for the Injection to happen at the same time as the poison clouds drop, and if so what should the person with the injection do since the cloud will be where he should be running?

Quote Originally Posted by Taeshalach View Post
    first thing is i would like to thank Tankspot, there guides are off the hook, and here is my question on Grobbulus. Is it possible for the Injection to happen at the same time as the poison clouds drop, and if so what should the person with the injection do since the cloud will be where he should be running?
    Quite possible for this to happen. When this happens, the tank needs to be moving Grobbulus immediately and the person injected should squeeze in the gap as soon as it opens up. The injection leaves a long enough period to get in.

Alternatively, if there's a clear spot between the last clouds, they can run there a little further back in the clouds.

ahh beautiful, worked like a charm =)

Quote Originally Posted by Krysana View Post
    The only way i can see that people exploded before the 10 seconds timer ended is because they got cleansed while running. Cleansing doesn't remove it, it triggers it.

Paladins and priests need to stop their trigger happy dispel reaction on this one.
    Actually, we had a guy getting grief for this tonight, and it turns out he was a holy paladin with the Pure of Heart talent I think it's called. It cuts the duration of diseases in half, so he had 5 sec to run instead of 10 or something like that. I ended up paying him 50g to respec out of it.

Hi all,

After the completion of the 3 other wings my raid is on Grobbulus.
    We are still in trouble, Grobbulus was about at 20 % in best tries.

Some guildies think that the Blobs blow up and create a poison cloud when they die.
    Is that true ?

Do the entire raid focus them or only selected members ?
    Last edited by Hylune; 12-05-2008 at 07:09 AM.

No, the blobs do not explode into a poison cloud when they die Just AoE them when there are too many of them.

I'm unsure if other classes have a similar ability. But do be careful if your Holy Paladin are speced into Pure of Heart. It reduces the duration of diseases and curses by 50% and affects (at least the 10 man version) of Mutating Infection. My other guild group was having issues with it until they discovered the cause.

Our Holy Paladin was speced out of it for the 25 man version so I'm unsure if it affects that one.

My raid was heavy melee and reached the enrage timer because of the lack of DPS, everyone was running for the Injections and the Blobs.

We killed him by having the MT keeping the blobs as they pop, the whole raid focus the blob, AE when possible.
    For the last few % of the boss, the Blob is ignored to focus Grobbulus.

Otherwise we used the Cinderhelm strat of 'big space' for booming.

+ Reply to Thread