+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Utgarde Keep Achievements

Utgarde Keep Achievements

Btw im almost 99% sure you can bubble or ice block out of the tombs and it wont affect getting the achievement. We had a pally bubble out of one and it counted it. Im 99% sure it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    Btw im almost 99% sure you can bubble or ice block out of the tombs and it wont affect getting the achievement. We had a pally bubble out of one and it counted it. Im 99% sure it works.
    Confirming this. Paladin in our guild got it after bubbling.

Amusingly our resto druid got frost tombed when we were doing this achievement.

His hots ticked long enough that I could shield wall, last stand and enraged regeneration through the damage I took while we burned him. We only got one tomb (or he got retombed, I wasn't paying strict attention to it), iirc.

Our unholy DK had gotten most of our DPS plate drops to that point, so he does absurd DPS, which is, I think, why we had so few tombs. Between him and our mage (also very well-geared) and the other two of us doing pretty reasonable damage we burned him down pretty fast.

You also have to heal the people that are tombed. I don't think you mentioned that even though it will be obvious while doing this achievement. Cool video.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Confirming this. Paladin in our guild got it after bubbling.
    Also, the Human Racial Every Man for Himself - Spell - World of Warcraft will dispell it without breaking the achievement. It appears that you have to 'kill' one of the tombs to not get the achievement, but any way to dispell it seems fine. I wonder if Ice Block - Spell - World of Warcraft, but have not done this heroic with a mage yet to test it.

nabbed this one yesterday night with a pug, kinda funny though, i charged in, and chain crit him with back to back shield slam, revenge snb proc, shield slam, devastate snb proc, shield slam, shockwave, conc blow that I had such a huge threat lead, when he ice tombed me twice in a row, he never stopped attacking me despite dps blowing him down to 30% before I came out of mine. Healer never got ice tombed, not to mention we had a good boomkin with us, soooo relatively simple, but fun nonetheless =]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Based on the replies, I assume warriors with Warbringer can also charge out of this with no problem (assuming you can target something far enough away)?
    Last edited by Raoul; 12-11-2008 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul View Post
    Based on the replies, I assume warriors with Warbringer can also charge out of this with no problem (assuming you can target something far enough away)?
    I doubt it since it's more of a stun than a root. It's possible that a PVP trinket might work if Every Man For Himself does.

hey im new to the site.. and new to tanking... im lvlina dk to tank.. currently 78. what is the bar addon u use? and what site do i find it?

Got this one out of pure laziness lol. Was not tring.. Just had a lazy PUG not caring to break anyones ice lol.

Mage can blink out of the ice block and don't know if that counts as the Iceblock being kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Phisig View Post
    Mage can blink out of the ice block and don't know if that counts as the Iceblock being kill.
    These skills wont count as an "Ice" being destroyed and will get u achievement

Ice Block (Mage)
    Blink (Mage)
    Blessing of Protection (Paladin)
    Cloak of Shadows (Rogue)

these r all confirmed by me (i am also a mage so i can 100% confirm blinking/ice block) does not ruin ur attempt of getting achievement
    check me out: The World of Warcraft Armory

since im horde and cant rly confirm for myself but according to post above (which was confirmed)

Every man for himself
    (Human racial)

does not ruin ur attempt of getting achievement

so it seems (probably noted above but ill note again)
    using ANY skills that causes the IceBlock to be "DISPELLED" is not considered a "KILL/DESTROY" since it is not a harmful spell acting against it but a benefit spell towards u!

Supposedly a Gnome can get out of it with the Escape artist skill.

Just wanted to tell you when I got the achievement. Had a resto druid. He got Frosttombed whilst the rest of us just burned down the boss! took us 42s and our resto druid died! All got the achievement but it was quite funny. Ofc, he was also the only one who could res, so long walk for him!

Does the PVP trinket to remove movement effects make this achievement work?

confirmed - trinket works. i imagine undead racial will also work. BM hunter should also be able to get out i think, or at least avoid it....
    /readycheck
    /cast Charge

I brought an all pally -myself for this so they could pop of bubles to anyone or themselves during the fight. luckily it never even hit me and they just feered the adds.
    If ur not tankin' you aint livin'

AoE?

Does AoE such as the DK Death and decay affect the achievement even if they dont break the ice block or is it fine to have it there?

Addons

I was wondering what addons your are using. They look very useful if you can please let me know what addons you are using. I am using Deadly boss mods, xpearl, and carbonite. Thank You

Wachyoself

+ Reply to Thread