+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroic Strike Macro... helpful or not??

Heroic Strike Macro... helpful or not??

I recently created a very simple macro that after every devestate or revenge it will automatically que a heroic strike for my next melee swing. I find this great for using up rage when i have massive amounts of it and getting the most threat out of my heroic strikes. However i'm not sure if it is useful all the time. I am worried that if i'm in a rage starved fight will the use of so many heroic strikes drain my rage too fast and not give enough threat?? Anyone who has an opinion i would love to hear it

Generally, any time you macro for something you're taking a risk at being less than optimal. For heroics and leveling, I bound all of my SBV trinkets and Shield Block to my Shield Slam macro. Tons of threat. But, if I needed to live through an enrage, Shield Block might be down.

Similarly, you could rage starve yourself with a heroic strike macro. I have mine tied to revenge, due to the glyph, but I can cancel HS if I have to.

adding a macro to devastate to add a HS is absolutely fine, its rage free. The problem folks are having is that the HS may fire first - charge you the rage, then the Devastate hits, then you dont use HS and get no benefit from the glyph.

The macros folks have been posting are castsequence macros with a 2-3 sec reset time so that you have to tap the Devastate button twice but you are guaranteed to get the free Heroic strike. Sample macros are listed in other threads.

+ Reply to Thread