+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Heigan the Unclean

Naxxramas Heigan the Unclean

This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)

Encounter Information
    Raid begins at quarter 1, ranged on platform.
    Phase 1: 1-2-3-4-3-2-1-2-Teleport (raid moves to quarter 1).
    Phase 2: 1-2-3-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-3-2-Engage (move him back to Quarter 1; ranged return to platform).

Want to focus on just the movement? Skip to the 5:11 marker and turn your sound off.

Hints & Tips From Other Players
    Quote Originally Posted by Lore of Eredar
    Once a healer is sufficiently familiar with the dance phase, they can generally toss out instant casts on people who get themselves hit. It's not a 1-shot anymore; you can definitely survive one hit. That said, usually if someone gets hit by one, they're gonna get hit again soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Romoreas of Aerie Peak
    It's easy for healers to cast their fast heals one time on someone when they are on the outside areas because they dont have to keep running the full distance like they do when moving through the middle 2 sections.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boot
    I thought I could offer a very useful tip which I find simplifies the encounter.

Should you have a shaman have them place 1 totem at each spot you want everyone to move to. People can misjudge -or- fail to follow due to lag. Totems should take care of both of these common reasons for deaths.

Unfortunately those that don't pay attention will still kill themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryst of Uther
    Alternatively, you could use smoke flares.

This fight is awfully forgiving though; the eruptions don't 1-shot anymore, as previously stated, and if you have the basic empirical group of tank/healer/dps, you can still take Heigan down as he has no enrage timer. We were able to 4-man him for 40% or so of his remaining life, and likely indefinitely as phase 2 gives more than enough mana regen.

Corrections & Clarifications
    Correction: I refer to the poison field as a DOT. I believe that's incorrect. It's just a lot of damage.
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 08:35 AM.

Probably my favorite fight in Naxx. I would love to see a fight similar to this with more dynamic movement required.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

This is an awfully mean fight for any dps that has to have a cast timer of some sort, having to move around. My condolences. lol

But yes, fun fight I gotta admit. Very unique in it's own way.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Not really, have the casters stand on the platform when he's being tanked, and then move out and run with the group during the "dance" phase.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

I completely forgot about that..jesus, it's correct Tony day.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

You're going to see priests turn into the... holy... death priests... they turn into.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Once a healer is sufficiently familiar with the dance phase, they can generally toss out instant casts on people who get themselves hit. It's not a 1-shot anymore; you can definitely survive one hit. That said, usually if someone gets hit by one, they're gonna get hit again soon.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

It's easy for healers to cast their fast heals one time on someone when they are on the outside areas because they dont have to keep running the full distance like they do when moving through the middle 2 sections.

Cider what is that mod that shows your rage and health % numbers on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by elio View Post
    Cider what is that mod that shows your rage and health % numbers on the screen.
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/...p-display.html

Totems

I thought I could offer a very useful tip which I find simplifies the encounter.

Should you have a shaman have them place 1 totem at each spot you want everyone to move to. People can misjudge -or- fail to follow due to lag. Totems should take care of both of these common reasons for deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Boot View Post

Alternatively, you could use smoke flares.

This fight is awfully forgiving though; the eruptions don't 1-shot anymore, as previously stated, and if you have the basic empirical group of tank/healer/dps, you can still take Heigan down as he has no enrage timer. We were able to 4-man him for 40% or so of his remaining life, and likely indefinitely as phase 2 gives more than enough mana regen.

We have a lot of people who have never done Heigan DDR. I am not looking forward to teaching them.

Once your casters are really used to it, I've seen people get a fireball/frostbolt off between 1/2 and 3/4 switches. They dance the line exactly, then take one step to the new safe spot and cast.

There is a kind of exploit in the first phase: If you tank him ON the platform, but right in one corner, just barely outside of the eruption zone, all ranged and healers can stack up on each other in the opposite corner and still be far away enough not to get hit by his debuffs. You still have to run in phase 2, though... When repostioning him after a phase change, It's ok to back away a little into the eruption for one tick to get him positioned correctly, It only hits for like 5k, and you will be screaming for rage anyway because you are not turning your back. Kinda spoils the fight IMHO, but ever tried to tell your melee dps they have to run, when they know there is a different way

I would love if Blizzard fixed this, It really IS the most fun fight in Naxx.

Its not even remotely hard to run the dance in the first phase.

Blizzard will fix the spot soon enough. You have to learn to dance it in phase 2 anyway, you might as well do it in phase 1 too.

For your raidmembers with low latency simply tell them to stay with the tank. Normaly he knows the positions best because he has to use them the whole fight.

I don't know Morgo, I never turn my back to him when I tank him. The eruptions in the tanking phase move so slowly you can just walk backwards.

Much more concerning than the safe-spot in his tanking phase is the other safe-spot in the dance phase where the whole raid could stand while he is on the platform. That really spoils the fun.

The good old safe spot also still works, if you are on a hurry to kill him...

Quote Originally Posted by Morgo View Post
    There is a kind of exploit in the first phase: If you tank him ON the platform, but right in one corner, just barely outside of the eruption zone, all ranged and healers can stack up on each other in the opposite corner and still be far away enough not to get hit by his debuffs.
    Yeah we discovered this on the first pull. It's kinda hard to position him right but it's worth it very much. No need to run in phase1 at all.

Don't get me wrong, I WANT blizz to fix this. We already killed him dancing with our small 10man group, but members of our 25 group from another guild told us about the save spot. So now, this is all we do, because it makes an already easy instance even easier Really looking forward to the day, when they increase the range and we all wipe HORRIBLY

I took a screen shot and color coded each of the zones and how wide they are and where the begin and end. This is a rough diagram not exact spots i am recalling this from memory but i can serve as a guide if your not sure how each zone looks.

+ Reply to Thread