+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Coliseum Northrend Beasts

Coliseum Northrend Beasts

The UI seen in this video is Lore's UI
    Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 08:38 AM.

The worst part about this encounter is there is no Down time for anyone to Mana up. People should be aware of that an work with your healz to take as little damage as you can. We 2 tanked an 3 healed this encounter. A Shammy healer is advantageous in the encounter for their Mana regen Totem. Healers need to work with each other in talking when their mana is getting low so that the mana regen totem can be droped. We used Myself (shammy) an Disc priest an a Holy Pally. Be ready to use mana pots if you need to. Flask of Mojo is much better for this fight then Flask of Frost Wrym. Good luck an happy tanking. Thanks for this video. I was gonna try an do one to post here as well, but i dont know what program you all use to copy.

Az/Zeruel
    ** We are all just chalk outlines on the sidewalk waiting to be washed away **

Ohh also. In Phase one it seems the lil kobolds like to go to healz. We dedicated a melle an a range dps to bring them down asap. These encounters where not overly difficult like some in Uld, but if people try to play hero in this fight, you wipe the group.

Hmm - two things that aren't easily noticed with Lore being a pally DPS usually.

How hard are the bosses hitting on the tanks - and is the second tank relegated to minor dps during Icehowl?

How hard is this on mana? Are my healers likely to run OoM? Ie - This seems to be an endurance fight ?

I also got the 2 Jormungar achievement by accident on Tuesday. At the time we thought they had to be killed together.

The only think I'd like to mention is that we found putting melee on the rooted jormungar and the ranged on the moveable one worked well. The poison clouds weren't really an issue that way.
    Last edited by Sproutster; 08-06-2009 at 08:13 AM.

This fight is yet another retard checker..
    if you have people who like to fail at (insert a retardcheck) they will fail in this fight.

if u ready the boss moves it kinda makes it easy to come up with a strat

....By the way good video

This fight is hard on healers, as least in 10man. Both tanks take considerable damage and there is no down time to regen.

The rest of the raid has to avoid all damage to keep the healing manageable.

Donor download up.

"recent studies have shown that standing in fire is a leading cause of severe burns and can even be fatal" lol
    The Hideous result...

LORE WHAT IS A GERMANGUY?

Also, I tanked this. Worship me.

So just curious, where in difficulty would you place this encounter to compared to Udluar normal mode encounters? IF my guild hasn't gotten past Freya yet, is there any point in trying?

i would have been there, being the ONLY WARLOCK to do CRAZY DEEPS, but lore and the rest of his jerks didnt feel the need to steam message to get me off of TF2

Dont worship me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraul View Post
    So just curious, where in difficulty would you place this encounter to compared to Udluar normal mode encounters? IF my guild hasn't gotten past Freya yet, is there any point in trying?
    You'll be fine in Coliseum, at least this first encounter. Try it immediately.

I'd wager the encounter is tuned to people in Naxx 25 gear.

This fight is fairly easy to learn. Without knowing anything about this fight ahead of time my 10 man guild (never attempted an ulduar hard mode) was able to learn it pretty quickly. 3 wipes learning phase 1, 3 wipes learning phase 2, 1 shot phase 3.

If my memory serves, bosses hit for about the same as Ulduar stuff did? In the 17-20k range, but thats partly a gut feeling and from remembering to look at the combat text. I never felt in danger of dieing to tank damage, to be honest.

I would rate this somewhere around Iron Council (Brundir Last) in difficulty. The first and third phases are both very simple, the second phase isn't bad if you have an idea ahead of time on how to handle Paralytic Toxin and stick to it. If you can down Naxx 25, and Siege, you should be fine with Beasts.

The tanks to alot of dmg, the OT should be doing dmg while waiting to taunt the first boss off the MT. We never let the stacks get over 4. It is also good to have palli tanks if at all possible as they can pop their shield when the no longer have the boss stacking the debuff on them. I also noticed that our main tank (who is a dwarf) used his stoneskin an that seemed to work on the buff as well. not sure if that is a bug or not, but a word of advice.

two Jormungars

I might be overthinking this, but...

How do you guys deal with the Acidmaw tank getting the Paralyzing Poison debuff? He can't exactly run to someone with the Burning Bile as that could turn Acidmaw toward the raid.
    Raiding is Hard. Sometimes there's fire. Don't stand in the fire.

Read my blog http://bigshinyshield.blogspot.com...or don't.

Have the person with it run to him unless you are able to heal through it.

probably around Vezaxs maybe a litle easier... i say this due to the fact that its such a long fight you healers should be close to screaming OOM

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    I might be overthinking this, but...

How do you guys deal with the Acidmaw tank getting the Paralyzing Poison debuff? He can't exactly run to someone with the Burning Bile as that could turn Acidmaw toward the raid.
    In my guild we tank the Deadmaw kinda close to acidmaw so when the acidmaw tank gets hit with the rebuff the Deadmaw tank runs over really quick. the turns him away.

+ Reply to Thread