Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Glory of the Hero achievement.

Glory of the Hero achievement.

As we've been grinding out heroics, the group I run with has managed to nail all but 5-6 of these achievements, so I figured I would try and post them all in one big list. (As a reference guide also) Color coded to the level range system WoW uses, based on my opinion of the difficulty.

Utgarde Keep:
    On The Rocks - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    This was one of the easier ones for us, since we were running with a boomkin who offhealed when our healer got blocked. Watch those aoe's as the blocks have low-ish health.

Nexus:
    Split Personality - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    This one was a little tricky, as the frost form appears to be bugged and will continue to channel after it has 0 health which screwed us up the first time.

Chaos Theory - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    Our intention was to lead him away from each portal he dropped, careful not to push him thru 75% while he was next to two portals, but it doesn't seem practical to attempt without a priest healer, for the chaos portal channeling phase. We wiped during the third channel as the group damage was intense.

Intense Cold - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    This one is actually a personal achievement, if you have a healer with dispell you can do it one at a time, I actually wore my pvp trinket and used intervene to break my roots. Went intervene, trinket, intervene and we burned her just before the fourth root.

Azjol Nerub:
    Watch Him Die - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    We had our boomkin pop starfall and dash up the tunnel with all the adds on him, then BL and burned the boss down. We wiped when the adds came back, but we got credit.

Hadronox Denied - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    For this, you have to tag him before he stops moving up, and then make sure to kite the adds out of the clouds. Wounding poison or MS helps a ton for the leech poison.

Gotta Go! - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    Absolutely no idea. There must be same way to either pull him out of his room - or have people stand outside to kill the adds before the long run down to you. Perhaps killing the eggs stops the add phases, we couldnt figure out a way to do this faster then right around 4 minutes.

Ahn'Kahet:
    The Party's Over - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    The dps check is a little more intense for 3 dps if your healer gets stunned, but entirely doable. Deciding who to sit out was the hardest part of this for us.

Volazj's Quick Demise - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    Hard burn, we blew BL and barely got this one, one tip I suggest is randomly throwing up spell reflect, since it can catch his mindflay for an axtra 15-17k damage on him. With a pally healer I dont know if its possible, they flash heal for so damn much during insanity.

Volunteer Work - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    This one is pretty ridiculous, when she enrages used your cooldowns carefully to survive, and her lightning circle is basically a one shot on anyone. We had our Shadow priest respec pain supression to get this done, and it still wasnt pretty. I have heard another strategy to kite her to the entrance of the room, but that involves killing a 6 pack during the fight as well, which wouldn't be easy.

Drak'Theron Keep
    Consumption Junction - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    Stealing from Lore's info, the consume is apparently a LoS check, so have one person stay out until the first cast, then hard burn is how I would do it, knowing this.

Better Off Dred - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    There is 7 raptors in the pen with king dred, we had two tanks so one of us tanked all the raptors, the second tanked Dred but for a better strategic kill I would suggest pulling the adds onto you with the boss one at a time.

Oh Novos! - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    Super easy, relies more on your dps not dying to the shield gen guys then you staying alive, I was solo on the steps the entire fight tanking them all.

Violet Hold:
    Defenseless - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    We didn't even realize there were crystals on the wall, so we got this one on accident. The only boss that is scary is the etheral guy, who you kite up and above on the highest balcony to trivialize.

Lockdown! - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    Takes time to get them all with 2 randoms per reset.

Dehydration - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    Its possible to kite him away from the smaller versions once he goes back live.

A Void Dance - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    Be careful using spell reflect, as it killed one of them when we did it - if you do burn reflect save it til the very end.

Gundrak:
    What the Eck? - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    This boss room opens up after you kill Moorabi, his breath leaves the debuff on you.

Share The Love - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    Another one we were unable to do, the damage was too insane without a de-frenzy for us to take our time with it. Presumably have to double tank it, since I dont think the tank can be impaled.

Less-rabi - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    This one is pretty ridiculous, for the casts at under 30% health its basically luck, since it literally casts in .5 seconds. CoT and Mind Numbing both work.

Snakes. Why'd It Have To Be Snakes? - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    This one is kind of luck, we got it the first time by keeping the adds under control while we burned him fast. There is also an exploit to get this one that I won't go into here because you may get in trouble for it.

Halls of Stone
    Good Grief - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    We kind of cheated this one, with two dps warriors using zerker rage to get out of the incapacitate, it was a breeze. For other groups I would suggest jumping into the hockey pucks to break it for one tick. Pvp trinket should make it easier too.

Brann Spankin' New - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    This wasnt too bad, if you can do the gauntlet you will probably get this too.

Abuse the Ooze - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    Another one we haven't been able to do. When the slimes merge into the larger one, it throws a poison volley, so I think it would involve having all your dps ready to jump targets, and insta-burn them when they spawn. Read Lore's post for more - will try and hammer out something tonight.

Halls of Lightning:
    Lightning Struck - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    We knocked this one out fairly easy, the strategy we used for the boss was to tank him in the glowing circle, and move as a group down the glowing row of light.

Shatter Resistant - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    To do this one, we just ignored his golems and burned the boss, but I think our dps was pretty high.

Caverns of Time: Culling of Stratholme
    The Culling of Time - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    This is the new "bear run", its a timed event which rewards the bronze proto-drake as well, I am sure this will be covered more in another thread.

Zombiefest! - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    We got this one during the part just after Chrono-Lord Epoch. Zerging thru the gauntlet and avoiding killing as many as possible.

Utgarde Pinnacle:
    The Incredible Hulk - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    We pulled in an abom while she was talking and burned it to 30%, after the first sacrifice tank it where the sword lands - if you kill it while her dot is active it seems to count.

Lodi Dodi We Loves the Skadi - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    If you wipe once, both of his achievements are easy - since you keep the harpoons you get. Not sure how hard it is normally.

My Girl Loves to Skadi All the Time - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    It takes 6-7 harpoons to drop him in heroic. We ended up having it reset with us in the side room so we one shot both of these achievements because we started the fight with 5 harpoons on us.

King's Bane - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    When he starts casting, melee run out and have a purge/dispell/arcane shot ready to go.

The Oculus:
    Experienced Drake Rider - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    Just a matter of 3 resets, once you've done it once.

Make It Count - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    We ran pretty recklessly to try and get this, but we missed by about two minutes, unsure of any tricks you could use.

Ruby Void - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    I've heard of people using 5 green's to kite him infinitely which would ding both this and the Amber Void, but unsure on how that would work . The time stop has a DR with itself, so make sure to not overdo it.

Emerald Void - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    We tried this with our healer sitting on the ground healing the red drake we had, with 3 amber drakes dpsing him down. (Very healing intensive, I dont know if a non-pally healer could do it, unless you had him GY zerg between kites)

Amber Void - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    Managed to do it with two red 3 green, cycling the damage absorb + evasion similar to Razuvious 10. Rough estimate, have one green focus on each red, and just hit the group absorb when the other red was at 50%. Make sure to hit evasion every enrage also.
    Last edited by Bullwrinkle; 11-29-2008 at 10:28 AM.

Some notes of my own, in no particular order:

Amber Void: We did this yesterday with a group of 2 greens 3 reds. Wasn't terribly difficult, mostly just a matter of endurance.

Good Grief: PVP trinkets remove the incapacitate. We destroyed her when we tried that.

Abuse the Ooze: Mostly just a matter of understanding how the oozes work and getting him out of that phase as quickly as possible. Once 2-3 of the little oozes are in the middle (I'm not 100% sure if it's 2 or 3), they'll turn into one of the bigger ones shortly. Generally speaking you'll be able to kill 3 of them, then push him into the next phase and there will be enough oozes coming to spawn the next 2. We barely made this one - I died right at the end, he ran over to the Hunter who popped Deterrence, and just before that fell off the boss started channeling his lightning thing and the DPS finished him off before it finished casting.

Consumption Junction: He does an instant cast attack that deals damage to the party and gives him one stack of Consume for everyone in line of sight. Easiest way to deal with it is tank him at the bottom of the stairs and have your healer stay out of line of sight, then just burn him before he uses the ability 3 times (about a minute and a half).
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

could you possibly change the link color of the yellow text , it is very very hard to see

otherwise nice work

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    could you possibly change the link color of the yellow text , it is very very hard to see

otherwise nice work
    half wy through typing this before i read this.

Exactly my thoughts.
    www.soundcloud.com/auralise

We did Amber Void by using 2 red + 3 greens. Imho the easiest of the three to be done.

Anyone did "Gotta go!"?

In summary, TBC raiding is easy. 9/10 encounters can be summarized with 1 phrase. Stay out of the fucking fire.
    Panda Cub with a Gnome pet!

Volunteer Work:
    disarm on first, sw on second, disarm on third

We were struggling with the final Oculus boss on heroic tonight (just doing it the regular way) and hit on that Emerald-only strategy after a dozen wipes - it was a last minute "suicide run" that made us realise it's doable. You basically fly a huge circle round the centre, keeping just ahead of the Ley-Guardian, and stack the poison debuff on him to slowly leech his health away and keep you topped up. Try also to keep up the damage reduction debuff - but watch your health when you're doing it. It's basically a DoT and run thing. To my surprise, you can outrange all his attacks (save the Arcane Volley) and the whelps will stack up in the middle and eventually die of their own accord. Horrifically tedious way to do it - and very unforgiving to mistakes - but even just 1-2 emerald drakes can take him down like this and it'll ding both Amber Void and Ruby Void. Getting Emerald Void looks a lot harder.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Volazj's quick demise is actually very easy in it's current form. You can line of sight the insanity by running behind a pillar during the casting time. Not sure if this is by design right now.

Less-Rabi is hard no matter how you do it. The best rotation to use is three interrupts, and then a counterspell. The counterspell prevents casting for six to eight seconds, enough time to burn him down.

Share the Love is not too bad, we took a resto druid and three hybrid DPS who could heal with myself tanking. We just waited for everyone to get impaled, with the druid taunting off of me occasionally so I would be a target. Did not DPS him at all until everyone got their love, and the boss was at about 20% from prot DPS. ^^
    Last edited by Omok; 11-28-2008 at 06:41 AM.

Less-Rabi can actually be exploited if you wish to do it this way but you will need at least one class that can get out of combat to be successful. What you do it tank the boss where he is until about 15% where you move him into the room with the downwards ramp. At this point the dps that can drop aggro should run to the far left of the room and use moves that will take you out of combat. All the people without combat dropping abilities will let the boss kill them while on the ramp. At this point the boss will change back into human form and start running back to his platform. It is advisable to have him on <5% so it is not to much of an issue for the remaining party members to burst him down before he kills them. Sorry about the dodgy explanation, it's getting late over here. I'll try get some screenshots up tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadolas View Post
    Less-Rabi can actually be exploited
    Cheating = bad!

When we brought a Mage in to Counterspell, Less-rabi was cake.

Also, Gotta Go! is getting nerfed in "an upcoming patch". Giving us more time to kill him.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Elder Nadox - you can MD, Trick of the Trade him to your tank and group right back to the instance entrance without any guardians reaching you. Since the immunity buff is proximity-based, you can then burn him down at your leisure. The smaller adds still spawn around him though.

I am planning on doing these this weekend with some of the best players in my guild. We are all naxx25geared so using the right strategies we should be able to bowl over the 1time deal achievements over the weekend.

I am predicting problems on anub/zombiefest.

Some notes on the ones we have already done in <OP>

Volunteer work: I honestly take almost zero damage from this boss. Also, idk what kind of healers you run with but if they have any gear at all, they could heal you through this with just you and him up.
    My tip? Have the melee stay out until the enrage drops. Its short and she hits like a wuss during the enrage, just use shield block and make sure she is debuffed(if you're a warrior).

Gotta go!: Take a rogue/warlock and keep numbing/CoT on em, makes his casts longer and dps the fuck out of him during pound. Should be able to get it w/a Bloodlust at start in under 2 minutes if your dps is pulling anywhere near 2k+(your dps has to be good, we had our ret paladin doing nearly 3k on this fight).

I hope some people are still going for this achievement! I'd personally love to get it done before the next patch, or content patch for that matter... but with one's like "Gotta Go!" and "Make It Count" left, it gets depressing.

So I have a few tips to add before I throw in a question:

Chaos Theory: I actually found this done easier with a druid healer. What we did was take him down to the very bottom of the ramp that leads you up to the boss, and started our kiting from there, back up the ramps. During his phase-shift, everyone stacked on me (The tank) and this mitigated a bit of his damage. It seems to work sort of like Loken's lightning, as the more spread out people are, the harder it is to heal. We also had a BL ready for the last 25%, but it's certainly doable without a shaman.

Volunteer Work: As a DK tank, I expected this achievement to be next to impossible. And, it was, when I was still wearing some blues, but when I came back with some great gear, a smart party, and even smarter hunter, things were looking up.

I had my party stand in the pool, stationary the whole time but watching vigilantly for the lightning she puts on the ground. When she came down, I popped my Bone Shield/IBF/Trinket, but only after the hunter used distracting shot and then FD'ed before she could get close enough for her aura to hit the party in the pool. I was ready with a ranged taunt in case of resist. As all of my party was ranged DPS, this made the encounter even more trivial.

So, Herald Volazj was hot-fixed, in that you cannot LoS his insanity anymore. Bummer. My questions are, is bloodlust necessary for this boss? Is it a huge dps check, like Gotta Go? Or, is it all about killing your copies efficiently? I want to reiterate on that last part by mentioning that my usual heroic group has about two dps that just can't kill anything - especially our frost fire mage - and it's holding us back. I honestly don't know what to tell them - I have an easy job, regardless of healer taken. Ghoul stuns (Army of Dead of it looks bad), Strangulate, Death and Decay, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwrinkle View Post

Halls of Lightning:
    Lightning Struck - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    We knocked this one out fairly easy, the strategy we used for the boss was to tank him in the glowing circle, and move as a group down the glowing row of light.
    The fight I think you are talking about is Loken.

The achievement is for the first boss. He has an electrical charge that increases his/adds damage by 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Regurgitate View Post
    So, Herald Volazj was hot-fixed, in that you cannot LoS his insanity anymore. Bummer. My questions are, is bloodlust necessary for this boss? Is it a huge dps check, like Gotta Go? Or, is it all about killing your copies efficiently? I want to reiterate on that last part by mentioning that my usual heroic group has about two dps that just can't kill anything - especially our frost fire mage - and it's holding us back. I honestly don't know what to tell them - I have an easy job, regardless of healer taken. Ghoul stuns (Army of Dead of it looks bad), Strangulate, Death and Decay, etc...
    Bloodlust isn't neccessary, but like any other fight, it's immensely useful. Unfortunately, since you cannot LoS it anymore, your group make-up becomes doubly important to lessen the amount of time it takes to kill their doubles during insanity.

Druid healers are absolutely horrible to bring to the fight since their HoTs heal themselves for crazy amounts. Classes that have multiple interrupts would be helpful, and I personally prefer melee dps because they are easier to burn down. And it doesn't matter if 1 other group member can't burn down his/her adds. Burn yours down and then help them!

If you really want the Herald Volazj achievement just pay your druid healer to respec to dump most of his points in Balance or Feral. As long as the majority of them aren't in Resto he won't be unstoppable. And it's not like that fight is super healing intensive anyway.

100g is actually quite cheap for an achievement, considering what I would pay for my last one, Gotta Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Bullwrinkle View Post
    Gundrak:
    Snakes. Why'd It Have To Be Snakes? - Achievement - World of Warcraft
    This one is kind of luck, we got it the first time by keeping the adds under control while we burned him fast. There is also an exploit to get this one that I won't go into here because you may get in trouble for it.
    Quite easy: clean the next room (the one with bones) and just move the fight there.

After completing this I wanted to take the time and go back through making a sort of guide as to how we did each of these achievements. Keep in mind that the way we did these isn't necessarily the best way for your team to do them.

Utgarde Keep:
    On The Rocks
    This was one of the easier ones for us, there is no real trick just burn the boss and watch those AoE's as the blocks have low-ish health.

Nexus:
    Split Personality
    After getting used to this encounter this achievement is actually easy to do. Just ask each DPSer to always target the highest health mob continuously changing up your target to the highest health. AoE is good so use it if ya got it.

Chaos Theory
    Healing for this is kinda nuts but doable. We would burn boss till he goes immune to attacks then we'd run down the ramp to get away from him keeping the tank as the closest one to take the damage from the rifts (there's one that has no range limit). Once the boss comes up again he'll bring his adds with him, they didn't seem to do much damage so I'd focus on burning the boss to get the encounter over faster.

Intense Cold
    This one is a personal achievement, if you have a healer with dispell you can do it one at a time, I continuously spammed Hand of Freedom on me to make sure I got it.

Azjol Nerub:
    Watch Him Die
    We had a Hunter grab all the adds and book it to the entrance while we ran in and burned the boss. This took some practice to get down but many classes can kite so I see this strategy working with several group make ups. We wiped when the adds came back, but we got credit.

Hadronox Denied
    What we did for this makes this encounter easier than normal. Simply have someone pull the first set of adds, the one with the big beetle then drop combat. They all despawn and you run down the tunnel to where the boss spawns. Burn boss and jump all the way down before the adds get to you. Your Emblem will be there when you come back through.

Gotta Go!
    This one took us about 7.5 hours to get down. After completing it I'd say we could do it within about an hour reliably and with time I bet we could do it almost every pull. So, what did we do with all 7.5 hours of work? Some was trying different strategies but mostly learning how to DPS for that encounter in the most efficient manner possible. As our DPS got higher the luck factor started to disappear. Ultimately the strategy that worked best for us was BURN THE FUCK out of the boss and get him below 50% before he burrows then when he comes up do it again and kill him before he burrows again. This is no easy task but the strategy is straight forward.

Ahn'Kahet:
    The Party's Over
    This isn't that hard to do, you may loose a person or two but you'll get it. Only pisser is you'll have to do it twice to include the person you had sit out.

Volazj's Quick Demise
    The secret here is mastering his Insanity. If you can burn through Insanity within about 30 seconds you've got it. We had to have our healer spec DPS to get this done (healers SUCK during Insanity).

Volunteer Work
    This one can pose some challenge. You'll want to DPS the add while it comes to get sacrificed but don't kill it. Disarm is good if you have it and anyone that can heal should do so while enraged. Manage Cool Downs to help with the damage. When she comes down she'll hit twice one of which will take out any Melee DPSers standing by in one shot. Also the arcane thing on the ground, yeah it's bad. I've also heard of groups running from the boss to take up some of the enrage time, we didn't do that.

Drak'Theron Keep:
    Consumption Junction
    This one can be tricky at first glance. Consume has no cast time and no other warning. I tanked him at the bottom of the stairs using the pillar which was behind me as a LoS tool. We had a DPSer go up top and handle the adds. Upon pull you should have everyone out of LoS till he consumes, then have everyone go LoS every 10 seconds till the consume stacks again. Once you get the hang of it this isn't that hard.

Better Off Dred
    We really didn't have too much trouble with this. We had a DPS bring the little guys in a couple at a time and burned them down. Once we got all we needed we burned the boss.

Oh Novos!
    This is just a simple matter of grouping up on the steps and not allowing any adds to get down. This one is really easy.

Violet Hold:
    Defenseless
    This is pretty straight forward and if you're serious about getting achievements this will come naturally.

Lockdown!
    Takes time to get them all random bosses suck, plan on running this daily till you get all you need.

Dehydration
    We used the defensive crystals for this one. You'll notice he's got shields with charges, watch those charges and have the Crystal clicker click at around 12 charges (depending on your DPS). This is a get it on first try achievement, if you wipe to redo it the boss has a different name that does not count for the achievement.

A Void Dance
    This one is kinda crazy to heal through and Shadow resist aura or buff is good. No real trick just burn the snot out of the boss and you're good. Watch out for any AoE as the adds are very easily taken out if you get the debuff. This is a get it on first try achievement, if you wipe to redo it the boss has a different name that does not count for the achievement.

Gundrak:
    What the Eck?
    This is the Heroic only boss which puts a debuff on you. You need to live through the last boss and you win, simple as that.

Share The Love
    This one sucks he will not Impale the tank. The first time we did this I ended up soloing the last part getting impaled right at the end, then I killed him. I would not recommend this as a strategy, find a way to get the other 4 impaled then have someone else tank it, bring a damn OT if you have to.

Less-rabi
    CoT and Mind Numbing both work (Note: They do not work). This would take some practice to get in this straight forward approach (we spent a couple hours on it). Then we had our Rogue pull the boss and kite to the back door vanishing when he casts Transformation. While he does that we run up to where the boss was originally and grab him as he comes back. This reset of the fight makes it so he does not successfully cast it during combat and you get the achievement. Keep in mind that he's hard and has more health while he's transformed.

Snakes. Why'd It Have To Be Snakes?
    This one is easy. Clear the room after this boss and fight him in there. Put your ranged on the mound of bones close to the door leaving that room. Fight him on the mound of bones standing in the water as you come in the door. You won't get many adds (if any) and everyone will get the achievement.

Halls of Stone:
    Good Grief
    Ok this one was rather interesting. Burn boss and when she puts down a void zone step just outside of it. When she casts Shock of Sarrows step into a void zone till you're released from the spell and resume DPS. This ends up being rather simple this way.

Brann Spankin' New
    This boils down to the constant stream of adds. Fight them on the stairs leading into the room and remember to avoid the lazer beam, it hurts.

Abuse the Ooze
    This one goes like this. Burn the boss till you've got adds then focus on the adds DPSing boss as you're able. When the oozes start coming mark a couple that you allow to mature into Sludges and kill the others. Once an ooze matures KILL IT and allow another couple to mature. Don't do them all at once or you'll likely get overrun. And you only get so many oozes so you'll have to start getting them right off the bat.

Halls of Lightning:
    Lightning Struck
    Hell, we just pulled him and watched the buff he's got, don't think I ever saw it go away and we burned his adds then him. Don't know that I know how to not get this...

Shatter Resistant
    Yeah, we just burned the boss while kiting him around the circle. I'm not even sure the kiting is needed but hey, may as well make it interesting.

Caverns of Time: Culling of Stratholme
    The Culling of Time
    This really isn't too hard just make sure you don't waste time with loot or drinking excessively and remember to trigger Arthas every time he's up.

Zombiefest!
    This one is fairly easy but takes some setup. The first area you enter and start this instance has 85 zombies and the other hallway after third boss has 100 (if I'm not mistaken). The challenge is that the hallway with 100 also has elites. What we did was pull the instance to the second boss and pull him into the Inn and don't burn him, instead wait for a full respawn of the zombies outside (they stop respawning when this guy dies). Then we wait FOREVER for Arthas to come to the Inn. You'll have to talk to him for him to enter the Inn (he'll come right up to the door). Then clear through the third boss. Once all clear and you're able to access the other alley, send your tank to go round up the 85 zombies in the front section (you will outrun them easily so you won't take much damage) Don't send a healer with your tank if they heal him they'll die. Once rounded up and back with your party just AoE them all and start killing the other 15 you'll need. This ends up being really easy.

Utgarde Pinnacle:
    The Incredible Hulk
    This is simple enough to do it just takes understanding what you're supposed to do. What we did is pulled boss, during first Sacrifice we had DPS burn through those adds as I pulled an Abomination. We'd burn it down to about 10% as the Knife comes down you'll keep the Abomination right in that spot (can be hard due to his knockback) the Knife comes down and kills him. Mission accomplished.

Lodi Dodi We Loves the Skadi
    The process to get this is easy, it just takes setting things up. First understand a couple things you need 5 Harpoons to drop Skadi to the ground and you'll take most of your time getting them. So, the solution is to take your time and have each of your 3 DPSers grab 2 harpoons each. Once everyone's got their harpoons reset the encounter by running out of the hallway. Now before the boss respawns run back in and all the way up the hallway and into the room where the adds spawn. This is where you'll take out the adds, send a DPSer up to the boss to trigger the encounter. Burn all your adds down and get your DPSers in place to drop Skadi on his first pass. You'll still have a couple adds up when he drops take them out before starting on Skadi. When Skadi lands he'll do a Whirl Wind about 5 to 10 seconds later so be prepared WW Kills. Soon as your adds are down and he's done his first WW, burn him hard and you should do fine.

My Girl Loves to Skadi All the Time
    Grab 2 Harpoons for each DPS and reset the encounter by running out of the hallway. Make your way up to the end of the hallway and have each DPSer assigned to a harpoon triggering their harpoons at the same time bringing him down (it takes 5 shots).

King's Bane
    When he starts casting, stop any DPS until Bane is gone either dispelled or timed out.

The Oculus:
    Experienced Drake Rider
    Just a matter of 3 resets, once you've done it once. You have to live through the encounter to get credit.

Make It Count
    This turned out to be easy with a little ingenuity. Run the instance on normal and kill the first boss. Grab your Drake and kill ourself. While everyone is released reset the instance to Heroic and zone in. Now mount up and kill most of the constructs leaving one group (we chose to leave an island since they were easier for us). Now you'll have plenty of time as long as you one shot everything (maybe even if you don't).

Ruby Void
    There are many ways to get these achievements done. We did the 5 emerald drake method for this one. This is easy once you get the hang of it and this is soloable. Everyone grabs a green drake and pulls the boss maintaining 3 stacks of poison. You'll kite him around in a big circle, DO NOT STOP or you'll die. If you are targeted you need to make sure to keep stacks up as best you can. Be patient, if the boss is not in range and you are targeted he'll catch up, trust me. If you are not targeted you can fly around and get close but be VERY careful of the whelps, if you get too close they'll eat you up in no time.

Emerald Void
    For this one we went with 2 Ruby Drakes and 3 Amber Drakes. The Ruby Drakes would take turns tanking changing when the other drake got to 50%. Our Amber Drakes would rotate Time Stop holding the third specifically for the enrage.

Amber Void
    There are many ways to get these achievements done. We did the 5 emerald drake method for this one. This is easy once you get the hang of it and this is soloable. Everyone grabs a green drake and pulls the boss maintaining 3 stacks of poison. You'll kite him around in a big circle, DO NOT STOP or you'll die. If you are targeted you need to make sure to keep stacks up as best you can. Be patient, if the boss is not in range and you are targeted he'll catch up, trust me. If you are not targeted you can fly around and get close but be VERY careful of the whelps, if you get too close they'll eat you up in no time.
    Last edited by Falkor; 12-31-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Nice write-up. One comment though:

Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    Less-rabi
    CoT and Mind Numbing both work.
    As far as I can tell, they have no effect. His casting speed is entirely based on his current health percentage.