Thread: Patchwerk

Patchwerk

My guild wiped out every wing in 10-man Naxx except for The construct wing. When we went that direction we couldnt manage to keep our OT up through the hateful strikes. We even managed to put two healers on him and one on myself and he still went down. Now I know hes not defense capped yet which I am almost certain is the problem, but could this be anything else, because I am not totally certain that Hateful Strike eating has anything to do with defense. He already sits at about 28-30k health buffed, but it still wasnt enough. Need some advice!!!

Boss special abilities don't crit. For this reason when we did Patchwerk we had the crittable tank eat hatefuls. That isn't your problem. I know this isn't a very helpful reply but I would suggest maybe looking at your healing since the problem is probably there.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Ahhh thats good to hear because I didnt think so, we didnt get too lucky on the gear this week. 6 of the naxx bosses items got de'ed due to uselessness. like 5 plate healing and mail healing pieces dropped with no resto shammies or holy palidans. So maybe we just need a little more luck with healers gear. What is the usual mana pool out of effective healers right now, and does avoidance have anything to do with hateful strikes?

Stick the better geared tank with more avoidance on eating Hateful Strikes.

Sounds like a plan, have to get the other guy defense capped to tank the boss but I believe the hateful strikes are worse than he is personally. Thanks for the tips guys.

Yes, put the best geared tanks on OT job. Patchwerk is pretty simple: gear your tanks, heal strong, dps strong

Oh and wait till you see how hard he hits tank for in Heroic mode... =/

Our first kill we had a Priest on the MT, a Priest on the OT, and a Paladin healing both with Beacon of Light (with the focus on the OT). This is an amazing night for Paladin healers.

It's a huge gear check though. Putting the undergeared tank on hatefuls was a mistake we made as well -- switched him to MT duty and did much better.

Second kill went much smoother; same two priests, but with me Ret healing the Hateful tank. Side note: You want a Ret pally in your raid.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

For 10 man, we used 2 healers. Pallies are definitely awesome with beacon. 1 Pally healed both tanks with Beacon, and a Resto shaman focused on the MT.

I would recommend using 3 healers if you arent geared. Myself and the OT had like 2 pieces of Naxx 25 gear, and a substantial amount of heroic gear, which may or not be the case for everyone entering Naxx 10.

Yeah, this is a total gear check, downed him last night our first time in there. Having some form of mana regeneration helps the healers a lot, especially if they are not geared well, yet.
    Loyalty above all, except Honor.

Killed him this week with warrior MT (me) and druid OT eating hateful strikes. Both had ~25k unbuffed at that point and we wiped couple times mostly due to healer mana or enrage, but managed to get him down.

As a warrior, your first priority is ofcourse making sure that you use all your damage mitigation tools (TC, Demo shout, shield block....), but you should also be pushing out as much DPS as possible to beat that enrage timer. Shockwave and Conc. Blow will be doing nice damage due to various buffs that increase AP and as an orc don't forget to pop Bloodfury too since it no longer reduces healing taken.
    Crommi | Archaic Order | Lightning's Blade EU

Another thing, he seemed to be getting rid of my TC and Demo shout buffs, and I had to reapply them many times it seemed 10 or 15 seconds before they should have run out. Not sure if anyone else noticed this.
    Loyalty above all, except Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayho View Post
    Another thing, he seemed to be getting rid of my TC and Demo shout buffs, and I had to reapply them many times it seemed 10 or 15 seconds before they should have run out. Not sure if anyone else noticed this.
    I have been noticing that in this xpac alot of the bosses are doing this. I have noticed that some completely drop all of their debuffs at times, and others just my sunders.

While on the subject of patchwerk, does anyone notice that his hateful strikes hit a little too hard in 25 man? I'm sporting 2 pc valorous dreadnaught and a mix of other naxx and heroic gear and his hatefuls were hitting for 22-26K. I was able to lower this by drinking a indestructable pot and popping trinkets & shield block, then he was only hitting for about 19K.

Quote Originally Posted by adamb10 View Post
    While on the subject of patchwerk, does anyone notice that his hateful strikes hit a little too hard in 25 man? I'm sporting 2 pc valorous dreadnaught and a mix of other naxx and heroic gear and his hatefuls were hitting for 22-26K. I was able to lower this by drinking a indestructable pot and popping trinkets & shield block, then he was only hitting for about 19K.
    This is a perfect example of how stam stacking can give you an edge. When we did patchwerk i was MT with 30k buffed HP and my OT was at about 29k. There was absolutely no single hit in the game that could take him out, however he could get KO'd if he didnt catch heals. We also had a 24k Deathknight with us who was able to take (or avoid) several hits when the OT got too low on health. His hateful strike mechanic works the same as supremus in that whoever has the most health in melee range when he casts it, is going to take it. IMO keep getting defense from your gear and gem for high stam. It will make some of those hits seem childish.
    "If I'm doing a fight and I need more threat... I try harder. If I'm doing a fight and I need my taunts not to miss, then I wear hit." -Veneretio

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndingBattle View Post
    I have been noticing that in this xpac alot of the bosses are doing this. I have noticed that some completely drop all of their debuffs at times, and others just my sunders.
    Thunderclap dropping is because you have a death knight in the raid. Part of their rotation applies a DoT which does the same effect as thunderclap and over rides it.

Sunders dropping I have not seen once in all the raid content in Wrath.
    "We actually talked today about adding an item level 300 shirt that did absolutely nothing but mess with mods that attempt to boil down players to gear scores. " -Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Aunaura View Post
    Now I know hes not defense capped yet which I am almost certain is the problem, but could this be anything else, because I am not totally certain that Hateful Strike eating has anything to do with defense. He already sits at about 28-30k health buffed, but it still wasnt enough. Need some advice!!!
    Sorry, didn't read many of the replies so probably a redundant answer coming in. I don't think that boss specials can be crits, just auto-attacks.

Probably want your tank with the most EH on hateful strikes. Strictly from 1.0 experience, low DPS and a flimsy OT are guaranteed fail on Mr. P!

Good luck

Ty for all the help guys I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by adamb10 View Post
    Yeah, we noticed this as well last night on Patchwerk. The hatefuls are really strong. We ultimately couldn't down him as we should have probably ran with a few more healers (only 6 at the time) but man does he hit hard. The hatefuls on 25 man version also are much more frequent then on 10 man. Hopefully we can down him soon =/

First time last night in Naxx, on heroic mode and got to Patchwerk. He simply destroyed our off tank over and over who had about 34k buffed health. How many healers is recommended for this since 23-26k hateful strikes are hurting.