+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TankSpot's Project Marmot & YouTube Channel

Hey guys.
    Tankadin here - so a little out my usual hang out place , but I just wanted to say most most awsome movies. Very nice tactics and visual. Big thanks for doing this!
    Keep up the brilliant work.

Kasmodrin

Hey all

Just wanted to pop my head in here on behalf of our Guild to thank you, your videos are excellent and have helped us quickly clear through Naxx.

Ciderhelm has become an almost honorary member of our guild and is referred to often on Vent

Thanks to all you guys at Tankspot for a great Website/Forum

We cleared Naxxramas (25) last night with the help of the movies. so my compliments and hopefully see more when other instances will come
    Last edited by milju; 12-17-2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: typos

Hello all, DK MT here

I just dropped by to give a BIG THANK YOU to Project Marmot for those movie guides. My guild has started Naxx(10) about a week ago and with the help of those movies we cleared Spider and Plague wing in just few runs, also downed Razuvious. Simply amazing guides .

Gorgamesh DK tank Chromaggus - EU
    Last edited by Gorgamesh; 12-22-2008 at 05:32 AM.

I just added a few of these videos to my Zune for watching on my breaks at work. I have to say that these are fantastic, thanks Cider.

cool website and great vids!!!! thnx alooooot :3 I <3 TANKSPOT ! xD

Thank you for the excellent guide movies. Is it possible to download them for offline viewing? Maybe they could be posted to itunes as a video-podcast? I find myself on airplanes alot and would love to review these offline. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogota View Post
    Thank you for the excellent guide movies. Is it possible to download them for offline viewing? Maybe they could be posted to itunes as a video-podcast? I find myself on airplanes alot and would love to review these offline. Thanks.

if you are using Mozilla Firefox as your inet browser, then there is an addon
    called DownloadHelper that lets you download streaming movies

for example Youtube vids then you can open them in VLC
    Hybrid - Druid/Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Droih View Post
    if you are using Mozilla Firefox as your inet browser, then there is an addon
    called DownloadHelper that lets you download streaming movies

for example Youtube vids then you can open them in VLC
    Thanks for the tip. I installed the addon. I'm unclear how to download the HD versions. Also the built in converter to mp4 (I'm on a mac) was jittery, so I also am trying out a converter.

Still... I think HD video-casts available on itunes would rock.

----update----
    I figured out that if I left the webpage after I started the download, the movies came out great.
    Last edited by Bogota; 01-14-2009 at 10:34 AM. Reason: update

Hi there I've been enjoying the project Marmot videos and have been linking them to our website.

We use phpBB3 for our website forums. Does anyone know how I could embed the videos into our forums so they show in HD? Currently I can get them to work at the right height and width but they appear to be in standard definition still.

Thanks all and keep up the great guides!

Breagan

Well here's a guild video that I created, inspired by our kills and of course tankspot.

Probably best to go to the video and view in HD instead of the embedded video, much larger.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWdDI7_wEVA&fmt=22"]YouTube - World of Warcraft - Amazing LOKI Guild Darkspear[/ame]

Woot

Sounds like a great idea!

Ciderhelm just wanna thank all of you really awesome this website... have helped me alost Thx so much

I have noticed there is no Video for Flame Leviathen (or however it is spelled). I was wondering if there was one in the works coming out soon...as I know personally it takes some coordination from everyone there to work together.
    Coordination as in timing, and communication.

Subtitles

Hi all,
    I am impressed with the videoclips. But I have a big problem. I am deaf and I am unable to understand what is going on and cannot hear/understand the voiceover.
    My request is now. Is it possible to subtitle those excellent clips? You tube has the facility or it. (I have met the programmer of the subtitles/closed captions feature in Mountain View by the way :-))

This will not only benefit deaf and hard of hearing people. But with You Tube's automatic translation. It will help players who do not understand English and like it in their own language.

thoughts?

thanks for usng yourtime to make these videos. Im using them right now to do ulduar, and i love em

hello ive downloaded that viewport addon called "skinner" from curse.com but it saids that its "out of date" even though its updated for patch 3.3 please answer this question how i could get it to work

Hi. i hope im in the right place to ask questions about your videos. Wanted to say first your last video was the best which u uploaded 3 hours ago on the 8/1/10 ^^ i liked it more hten others because you gave useful facts and advice as well as being very funny in your videos which makes it more interesting. You have helped me alot with my addons and i am about to upload a tactics guide for my guild onto youtube of 10 man rotface (normally i only make 25 man videos) so i will be using my new addons on that video hehe.

Anyways...my question is. How big is your PC monitor!? as you manage to fit all these addons on your screen and my 22" cant hold them all neatly without using up too much room and im going to buy a bigger one soon anyways and was hoping to know what i should be looking for. Please tell us how big ur screen is on your next video please would be so helpful. ty

Quote Originally Posted by Grissome View Post
    I have noticed there is no Video for Flame Leviathen (or however it is spelled). I was wondering if there was one in the works coming out soon...as I know personally it takes some coordination from everyone there to work together.
    Coordination as in timing, and communication.
    Here's the hardmode video: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/...hard-mode.html

If you're doing normal mode for the first time, just give it a whirl. It's hard to get a feel even with a video.

Addon question

i noticed when i had skinner on that when i hover over a player i still get the standard blizzard "frame box" which comes at the bottom right corner of the screen. i hope you know which box im on about (it tels u the playher name, guild, level and a health bar).
    Anyways, it blocks part of the screen in an annoying place and i wish i could move i. i looked at your marmot video 1 and realized u had an addon which changes the looks from the standard blizzard looking one to a much beter looking one in a different spot. I want to get that addon but not sure which addon did it for you out of the list of addons you named. Please tell me which one it is that did that if you know what im on about. thanks

+ Reply to Thread