+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Naxxramas Thaddius

hey what unit frames are you using??

Inquiry 1: How close does the group have to be to one another to get the buff to sufficiently stack?
    Inquiry 2: Why are hunters so far back during this fight (i thought they removed the dead zone) and does this lead to a lost charge for the dps group?
    Inquiry 3: How hard should healers dps. Their job is relatively easy, heal through the forked lightening, and MT (is assigned), and the possibly charge screw up (which in most cases is almost pointless to heal becase the person who made a mistake DIES period). With this being said, how full out should healers go on their dps?

To get the buff to stack all like symbols + / - should be just within 5-10 of each other. You could also have your DPS stack on or just behind the melee/tank with your hunters at their bare minimum possible range for their bows (assuming that's what they're using). The fight itself is actually quite easy if you don't have lag, understand the mechanics, and have raiders that pay attention. There's not a whole lot of finesse or gear or pure utter skill required and the trickiest part is getting people who miss the jump back into the fight. You can use the circle rotation but my group doesn't and we all just charge through, granted if someone isn't paying attention that can cause problems.

For melee DPS I recommend going far enough back that you are not in range to attack then inching forwards into range, this guarantees you won't cross the charges. Also the little bit of DPS loss won't be significant enough to matter since the buff will just be coming up when you get into position anyways.

On a side note the buff does not disappear when you kill Thaddius, you have to wait for it to expire. If you attempt to loot before it wear off of everyone you will have your raid wipe after the boss is already dead... which would be a might embarassing. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Senti View Post
    To get the buff to stack all like symbols + / - should be just within 5-10 of each other. You could also have your DPS stack on or just behind the melee/tank with your hunters at their bare minimum possible range for their bows (assuming that's what they're using). The fight itself is actually quite easy if you don't have lag, understand the mechanics, and have raiders that pay attention. There's not a whole lot of finesse or gear or pure utter skill required and the trickiest part is getting people who miss the jump back into the fight. You can use the circle rotation but my group doesn't and we all just charge through, granted if someone isn't paying attention that can cause problems.

For melee DPS I recommend going far enough back that you are not in range to attack then inching forwards into range, this guarantees you won't cross the charges. Also the little bit of DPS loss won't be significant enough to matter since the buff will just be coming up when you get into position anyways.

On a side note the buff does not disappear when you kill Thaddius, you have to wait for it to expire. If you attempt to loot before it wear off of everyone you will have your raid wipe after the boss is already dead... which would be a might embarassing. >.>
    I wasnt too familiar with thaddius when we got to him last week. We 2 shotted him, but we fell victim to dying by charges after he was dead. I stayed where i was since i was basically on top of him when he died, but other people started running.. I tried to run away from them and ended up killing myself. lol. First time we wiped people apparently didnt remember which side was positive and which was negative and we had some people killing others, but for the first time seeing him and only wiping once I was happy. Just alway run to the right if you have to move, and move quickly and he isnt too much of a problem. Kinda like Loatheb, as long as you know what you're doing it is easy.
    Last edited by IceHaus151; 03-04-2009 at 07:57 AM. Reason: spelling...

Interface addons?

I have noticed that thru the videos you have been changing some of your interface addons, however, in this video I was wondering what addon did you use for the buffs/debuffs and for your party? if looks like the raid groups in X-perl but you don't have your individual party showing as well. Is there an option to hide the party and just show the raid units in the options or something?

can u plz tell me what addons you have for you damage to flow down like that..thank you

It's so much easier to do red right blue left and run through thaddius instead of around. Even having new people to the fight we got him to 3 mill on our best attempt the other night (25 man :P) and not all of our dps was really geared plus we didn't have a boomkin which would have probably done it. Hopefully we'll get him tonight as a guild instead of getting pugs to help . Also the move that the adds do is called "tank throw"
    Last edited by rmd83; 03-08-2009 at 09:40 AM. Reason: added something

priest levitate and druid forms

Quote Originally Posted by Zudakari View Post
    priest levitate works great, no jump required just walk on over the ledge.
    Doesn't work for my priest, when I use levitate she always ends up on a little shelf sort of underneath the platform. Is there some trick as to when the levitate is applied? But normal jumping does work most the time.

I'm wondering if there are any race-specific disadvantages, e.g., is it harder for gnomes or dwarves to make the jump than, say, night elves? The priest whose levitate seems to hurt, not help, and sometimes misses the regular jump is a dwarf.

Also, wrt druid forms, is it harder to make the jump in boomkin than in normal or kitty form? Does travel form help or hurt? My night elf druid shouldn't have a long-enough-legs problem, and has made the jump in regular form, but cannot seem to make it in moonkin form - always ends up on the same little shelf mentioned above. Wondering if travel or feral kitty form might be more reliable. (Would rather not get into the situation of testing all alternatives during a raid, tho.)

Thanks.

Its simple, but for some reason players have an issue with having toons stacked on top of each other. Thaddius does not cleave or have an aura, there is no reason that Tank, DPS, and Heals of the same charge can not be in the same 5 ft space. Hunters may need to scoot back some to be at min range, but if the tank/melee are at max hit box distance, the hunter should still be very close behind the group.

Why do this if you can be 5-10 yrds and get the buff?

Its simple, the farther you are away, the longer it takes you to run to the other side. There is a short grace period where you can pass an opposite charge without blowing up, very short. So if you are running from 20-25 yrds, its possible if you are slow off the mark, that you could pass the 'stack' of people who didn't change polarity after your grace period is up. If you are in the 'stack' once you begin moving you are going the 'correct' direction (away).

Second, the farther you have to run, the less time you are spending healing or DPS'ing. If your group is lucky enough to WAY outgear 25 man Thaddius and can hit the timer with 15 people dead, then no, distance won't matter. But see part 1 about still blowing people up, and do you really want to be the cause of killing those 15 people....

Just stand on the tank or melee, its OK really, we aren't going to look at your insides.

There is a grace period from when you kill the two mobs till Thaddius activates.

In 25, we put at least 1 class on each side that can cast levitate, slow fall, etc. Each side hits the tank, a healer, and themselves, in that order, 3 seconds delay is well worth it.

Yes, levitate works, just run off the edge and you will float all the way down, no need to jump.

If you miss the jump, run back around to either platform, but do not jump down. Wait til the polarity shift, and if you have the charge for the side you are on, then jump. If not then wait. Til the next shift. You can dps or heal from the ledge, but you do not get or give a buff stack, so you want to get down as soon as you can.

+ Reply to Thread