+ Reply to Thread

Thread: H Stats.. am I good enough?

H Stats.. am I good enough?

I seem to be having problems tanking some of the final bosses in Heroics, specifically King Ymiron (H UP) and Loken (H HoL). I can AoE tank all the way up to these final bosses no problem. But once we get there we start wiping. Was able to eventually kill King Ymiron but not Loken. Would like some input from anyone as to if you think it is because of my stats.

I know there are alot of other factors, including my skill, that could contribute to us wiping. I just want to know if I am too undergeared to do Heroics.

These are my stats as they stood when I (my group) failed to complete Heroic HoL. I know my spec might not be the 100% best but I am more
    conserned with my gear.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&n=Nyeman

I have
    547 DEF
    19.7 Dodge
    16.4 Parry
    19.17 Block %
    881 Block Val
    21542 Armor
    23607 Unbuffed health.

Thanks.

I can't help you with your stats, just being doing heroics since yesterday. But with Loken, a wipe most of the time is because the group does not run out/run in in time, taking tons of damage, not because the tank can take the punishment. Was it your case?

Quote Originally Posted by Blagart View Post
    I can't help you with your stats, just being doing heroics since yesterday. But with Loken, a wipe most of the time is because the group does not run out/run in in time, taking tons of damage, not because the tank can take the punishment. Was it your case?
    Kinda.. the healer... was complaining I was taking too much DMG from Loken for him to heal me and everyone else that was taking the random attacks he does. But with my stats I really don't see how that could be....

And yes several times not everyone got out of the AOE.

Mostly jsut worried that it was because my stats were too too low to be trying to tank him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyeman View Post
    Kinda.. the healer... was complaining I was taking too much DMG from Loken for him to heal me and everyone else that was taking the random attacks he does. But with my stats I really don't see how that could be....
    no that can't be. I was worse in stats the first time we took him down. After the people learn to run up und down the strip when he casts his nova neither you nor the other can be unhealable.

For Loken everyone needs to be able to move in and out (which is quite difficult to some apparently). For King Ymiron everyone needs to move away from the white orbs he occasionally casts. Can you see a recurring theme here

Your gear stats are good, so I don't think its that. You read Tankspot, so its doubtful your skill is lacking. Outside of that, I haven't been there yet so I couldn't say.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Your gear is fine for him, it is a heavy, heavy healing fight. Hell, I do not even run out, I just stay in and tank him. Sometimes the AE misses me, which helps, or I bust cooldowns to stay alive. Another thing, if you have a secondary class that can heal, have them put on gear and heal. Having a second healer makes things a lot easier.
    Loyalty above all, except Honor.

moved to Armory Ratings and Suggestions.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Your stats are just fine. Just have the group run up and down the white line stacked ontop of you. If you do that way the boss c omes back in range asap so they dont get hit so hard with the range debuff.

Indeed you are good statwise, next time you go tell your groupmates that if they have no DBM, they should keep a very sharp eye for his emote "Come closer" and then run. However you need to move a 5 feet away from each other as opposed to the "stay in pack" tactic used in normal mode, otherwise arc-ed people will be killing the party in no time.

Your gear seems fine to me. When a group is struggling with a boss, it's usually the healer that takes the hardest hit from recovering from other people's mistakes - which has an impact on your survival too. As long as you've got Demo & T/clap up, and you're being intelligent with your survivability c/ds (i.e. not dying when any of those were available to use to save you) then there's nothing wrong with what you're doing.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

+ Reply to Thread