+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Naxxramas Gothik

Quote Originally Posted by Senti View Post
    For the most part all of the adds will come to you, have your DPS and heals tank off towards the entrance for live side and you can just AOE them. It won't be quite as fun as in the video (shouldn't be bouncing around the room with this method) but you should never have to chase a mob. For dead side it's pretty much the same except the place where you stack is the very southeast corner of the room near where the exit is. All of the mobs will come straight to that corner to be tanked.

A few notes I want to make besides those, this fight is just after dealing with some of those other riders which needed their buff purged (shammie). Don't waste time attempting to purge the aura off these guys, it doesn't work. (Tho maybe it's just me that slams my 0 key when I see that bony hand icon).

Also I've never had Gothik die on dead side (IE he always goes to live side before the gate opens). Can anyone confirm this because it would give the live side DPS a few more seconds of DPS if they aren't watching that gate.
    We killed him and he was on the dead side. Even though it maybe only works if you all stay on the living side, never payed attention to it though.

Here's a fun strat my guild uses.

EVERYONE starts on live side at the beginning of the encounter. Around phase 8, the gates open up and all the dead side mobs start to funnel in. In 25 man, we use our Warrior (me) to tank the live adds and put a DK and Pally to handle the incoming mobs from the dead side.

They can drop DnD and Consecrate to gather the incoming adds, and we have ranged AOE them almost immediately. The DK and Pally will also need to pay specific attention to mobs that may make it through and taunt them back as soon as possible.

This certainly isn't the safest method as it adds some chaos (and usually some lag), but it is a whole lot of fun Also beneficial because ranged can stand in the middle and dps Gothik no matter which side he ports to.

We've done this pretty successfully on 10 and 25 man. This would have been a great achievement for Blizz to add

Quote Originally Posted by Gordiggan View Post
    Here's a fun strat my guild uses.

EVERYONE starts on live side at the beginning of the encounter. Around phase 8, the gates open up and all the dead side mobs start to funnel in. In 25 man, we use our Warrior (me) to tank the live adds and put a DK and Pally to handle the incoming mobs from the dead side.

They can drop DnD and Consecrate to gather the incoming adds, and we have ranged AOE them almost immediately. The DK and Pally will also need to pay specific attention to mobs that may make it through and taunt them back as soon as possible.

This certainly isn't the safest method as it adds some chaos (and usually some lag), but it is a whole lot of fun Also beneficial because ranged can stand in the middle and dps Gothik no matter which side he ports to.

We've done this pretty successfully on 10 and 25 man. This would have been a great achievement for Blizz to add
    As i said before

This seems like another bugged fight since 3.2. I was in a pug the other day and the dead and live guys where running through the walls to the other side, so one of the 2 sides would get inundated with adds. I wish I could run through walls too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronninn View Post
    This seems like another bugged fight since 3.2. I was in a pug the other day and the dead and live guys where running through the walls to the other side, so one of the 2 sides would get inundated with adds. I wish I could run through walls too.
    Tagged for proper usage of the word inundated in a sentence. My hat is off to you sir. On note with the topic, we did this in a PuG with the aforementioned strat of tanking on opposite sides of the curved wall successfully, many thanks for this tip.
    Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.
    Sun Tzu

+ Reply to Thread