+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Naxxramas Kel'thuzad

You are correct, he does not MC on 10 man. No clue what happened to you then as I've never experienced this while tanking him, I haven't been knocked back from an MC player either, but in theory it could happen.

It must of been a banshee left up. They knock melee really far back.

2 Questions:

(1) When positioning KT, I seem to have a hard time getting him smack in the middle of the circle. I can get him pretty close, but when I try to "fine tune" his position, he ignores most of my movement (doesn't move with me) and I end up just living with it because I can't be screwing around out of place and causing an ice-block induced wipe. Do I just need to move faster and get him in place sooner (i.e. before he starts casting random spells)? Is there is trick? Is it just a matter of making sure I am in the exact right spot when he first enters?

(2) Related to this is the notion that KT doesn't seem to move any once he starts his serious casting. If the MT gets the red ring of death, can I move straight back and not move KT? The current strat is for the MT to move left or right and have the melee DPS rotate with him, but to be honest, we seem to have a hard time getting that pulled off successfully - one of the DPSers ends up too close causing multiple ice blocks. Having me as the MT move straight back keeps everyone else in place. I have a huge aggro lead (30% or more from #2) so spending 5 seconds out of range would not be a problem in terms of aggro.

Another thought is for the MT to always move to the right and have the melee DPS at the 3:00 position simply move backwards, leaving the other two melee DPS in place to keep up their hurt on KT. Yes, the one melee DPS is taken out of the fight, but only for a few seconds until the red ring disappears and we don't have a lot of confusion on movement.

Our raid schedule is such that by the time we get to KT, everyone is past 12:00 midnight so, yes, we do get a little stupid from sleep deprivation....

Thoughts/advice please?

"None. Shall. Pass." - The Black Knight

1tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    This movie is available for direct download for Donors. Click here to learn more!

Lower Resolution (Low Bandwidth)

heya
    this might have been posted before but i didnt find it but you said something about doing the 10 man KT with 1 tank? is it realy doable with the champions?? i did have to take the 3 of them once tho caus the MT died from the shadow thingy's (-_-),witch kinda worked for a while but then wiped at 350k:/ caus healer did the same some how we got some probs in our guild getting kel. only tried one night tho. i hope we kill him soon. thnx for making this wonderfull website btw gz on ur work here
    friendly regards corpseriser.

Quote Originally Posted by Argamasilla View Post
    You are correct, he does not MC on 10 man. No clue what happened to you then as I've never experienced this while tanking him, I haven't been knocked back from an MC player either, but in theory it could happen.

aye should be the banshee's they knock you back pretty far:/

Solo tank KT 10 is the safest way to go, there's no iceblocks on the OT while getting smashed by adds. might need a hunter to help you pick them up, but once you have them keep tossing demo shout and tclap to keep your incoming damage minimal, healers should be able to heal ya through it.
    Your ad could be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil View Post
    Solo tank KT 10 is the safest way to go, there's no iceblocks on the OT while getting smashed by adds. might need a hunter to help you pick them up, but once you have them keep tossing demo shout and tclap to keep your incoming damage minimal, healers should be able to heal ya through it.
    Same here, we had an OT on KT 10 man, i went there just to help guildies, ended up tanking the adds all the way.

Though i have full 25 man gear, i dont see a problem with this in 10 man gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
    2 Questions:

(1) When positioning KT, I seem to have a hard time getting him smack in the middle of the circle. I can get him pretty close, but when I try to "fine tune" his position, he ignores most of my movement (doesn't move with me) and I end up just living with it because I can't be screwing around out of place and causing an ice-block induced wipe. Do I just need to move faster and get him in place sooner (i.e. before he starts casting random spells)? Is there is trick? Is it just a matter of making sure I am in the exact right spot when he first enters?

(2) Related to this is the notion that KT doesn't seem to move any once he starts his serious casting. If the MT gets the red ring of death, can I move straight back and not move KT? The current strat is for the MT to move left or right and have the melee DPS rotate with him, but to be honest, we seem to have a hard time getting that pulled off successfully - one of the DPSers ends up too close causing multiple ice blocks. Having me as the MT move straight back keeps everyone else in place. I have a huge aggro lead (30% or more from #2) so spending 5 seconds out of range would not be a problem in terms of aggro.

Another thought is for the MT to always move to the right and have the melee DPS at the 3:00 position simply move backwards, leaving the other two melee DPS in place to keep up their hurt on KT. Yes, the one melee DPS is taken out of the fight, but only for a few seconds until the red ring disappears and we don't have a lot of confusion on movement.

Our raid schedule is such that by the time we get to KT, everyone is past 12:00 midnight so, yes, we do get a little stupid from sleep deprivation....

Thoughts/advice please?

1) Kite him slowly across the circle and have the raid hold up dps for a few seconds until you get him into position. Then he won't dance all over. If he gets positioned funny, don't try to much to fix him, will just cause more problems and impatient dps will make it worse. In pugs I don't usually try to center him, it's like pulling teeth getting melee to back off until you can position him.

2) The void zones, I usually just strafe right, not arc though, and get in the range of melee for a couple seconds, then strafe back as soon as they are finished. Never been caught by an ice block yet during the void strafe. *knock on wood*

I've noticed with good groups, melee will rotate or take a step back if tank catches a void.

If interrupts are happening like they should and you strafe straight back, KT will probably follow you.

I have a question, how do other tanks handle the threat drop after a MC, I taunt, but sometimes I'm slow and he walks a few steps, is there a better method and is there anything he does before a MC to give you a warning the MC is coming?

Quote Originally Posted by debus View Post
    I have a question, how do other tanks handle the threat drop after a MC, I taunt, but sometimes I'm slow and he walks a few steps, is there a better method and is there anything he does before a MC to give you a warning the MC is coming?
    Well I just watch his target all the time and taunt as fast as i can when he targets someone else too long, so same as u i guess.

The spell he casts for the Mind control is called chains of kel thuzad.

BUT HERE IS A GOOD TIP!!!

3.1 is here , and they were gonna remove the aggro reset from chains ....
    Still need to confirm this for sure though.

Addons

Which addons are you using to make the combat text go around your character and the action bar one that your using?

Name that Addon?

Hello I was wondering if I could get the name of the addon in the 10 man KT Raid video that shows the Raids Unit Frames in the top left of the Video? I have tried Xperl I believe it is called but my CPU and Monitor do not handle it to well. I have also tried Grid but I dont like how small each players icon is. If someone could let me know I would greatly appreciate it.

Just a quick note for healers in this fight... I use healbot. one thing ive found really gr8 for this fight is going into healbot's cure tab and setting a custom cure for "Frost Blast" i hav mine to go bright pink lol but whatever works for u =Ţ. Anyway to state the obvious, wat this does is cut out alot of the time spent working out who to heal meaning less deaths to the Iceblock (i also have DMB giving me a klaxon and the ever annoying "HEAL NOW!" but ive found that between the klaxon shattering my concentration and having to pick out the writing saying whos being hit, and then working out which bar that corresponds to, i was all too often too late since I twigged how to use this tiny tweak to healbot i dont recall a single death to that iceblock on my watch hooray!) on a side note I found that HOTs didnt do much worth noting so my tactic is to spam nourish on the target. just thought id mention that as i spotted a few posts bout it below hope all that helps any frustrated healers out there! btw I just wanna say thx for all the tankspot videos they r awesome <3 much respect to u all

can the people that kt mc's be mc'ed?

As a new tank (4 months old only) Tankspot has helped me be a better tank.

Anyway I know most of the people here have completed Naxx already so please enlighten me because our guild has wiped several times on KT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubzil
    Solo tank KT 10 is the safest way to go
    1) how many healers would you need to keep 1 tank alive with the 2 Guardians and KT on him?

2) KT's MT does not get iceblocked but can he get iceblocked by proximity from other iceblocks?

3)is the iceblock the same as the iceblock from UK 1st boss, wherein you lose health while iceblocked?

Thanks for all your input.

Yes, it is similar to UK's iceblock, but this one will kill you if you do not recieve heals. It will do 26 percent of your health in damage every second for 4 seconds.

a small amount of healing will save you from it, generally a holy shock, or even a priest bubble will negate dying from it.

2 healing can be done on KT, it's generally how my guild did it, it's a little stressful at first, but depending on your tanks gear, he should be able to handle the guardians and KT. Just be sure that he's watching for the circles of death, they get pretty hard to see once the adds have been out for a while.

the proximity of the iceblock is 10 yards, anyone within 10 yards of the primary target will also be iceblocked.
    Everything is Better with More Armor
    Raiding Lingo of the 21st Century © Only on Tankspot

addon used?

Hey,
    can some1 tell me what is the addn used by MT in the movie, showing a warrior when he can use revenge and gets free slam? i got many of them but the one used here shows it best way ive seen.

Hi, first off; thanks for the vid's, they are the main reason my guild now is farming naxx =)

also, im wondering if u could post the 40 man encounter on youtube, can't get filefront to work =/

thanks in advance =D

+ Reply to Thread