+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Kel'thuzad

I don't think you need any FR gear in any of the encounters. Just have a pally put up Frost Aura and get mark of the wild from a druid. That should be plenty.

We whipped many times on Kel,
    Almost every time bad luck with the OT getting ice blocked.

Solution for that (10 man):
    Make you OT tank the adds where he douse dps to Kel. So that if he gets blocked your MT can instantly taunt them of him. And if you OT survives just make him taunt them back. (if your the MT activate everything you have to reduce damage. just in case. as you’ll be reserving allot of damage)
    As an extra precaution if you have a paladin tank o heal. Shield your OT when he gets blocked while tanking the adds.

Has anyone tried the pvp trinkets we used in Hyjal to escape the frost traps. Just curious if this would work.

We almost had a wipe on Kel when the hunter's pet ice blocked both tanks. For this fight make sure all hunters and locks keep their pets back at all times (suppose locks could still use imp). Other than that the most challenging part of the entire fight (on 10 man) should be the beginning with all the adds coming in to attack. Edit- After more testing it seems that hunter pets are ok... rather it's pets like ghouls specifically that cause the problem
    Last edited by Senti; 03-04-2009 at 04:34 AM.

Last night I was tanking kel on ouer first kill in Naxx25.
    on normal the frostbolts dont hit very hard, but on heroic you want to make sure to kick all of them.
    when Shieldbash was on cooldown I tryed to use CB, shockwave and heroic throw and it worked. or at least it looked like it was working. but I dont know if it was the rogue that was getting better at kicking.

Do concussion blow, shockwave and heroic throw(Gag Order) work as a interrup on the frostbolts?
    or was it the rogue.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 02-17-2009 at 08:39 AM.

I got a question on the MC he does on heroic. Is it on a timer? We had problems throttling back whenever he dropped aggro (first few attempts the problem was some people didn't know he dropped aggro, but that should be fixed now).

Is anyone else having trouble with these videos? Neither of the youtubes will work (both say they are no longer availible), and the filefront wont load. Is anyone else having this issue or is it just my computer hating me?

How many dps on the anub-like adds?

No Dps should be on the Phase two adds at all. Concentrate on getting the Kel Thuzad down.

They'll despawn after he's down.

Quote Originally Posted by Senti View Post
    We almost had a wipe on Kel when the hunter's pet ice blocked both tanks. For this fight make sure all hunters and locks keep their pets back at all times (suppose locks could still use imp). Other than that the most challenging part of the entire fight (on 10 man) should be the beginning with all the adds coming in to attack.
    I've never seen a pet ice blocked. They are not valid targets for that ability, and can't chain it either. Keeping pets off the boss for no reason is a loss of DPS.

The only worry about pets on this fight is during phase one, when there is a danger of pulling extra mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Man View Post
    I got a question on the MC he does on heroic. Is it on a timer? We had problems throttling back whenever he dropped aggro (first few attempts the problem was some people didn't know he dropped aggro, but that should be fixed now).
    first one seems to be on a timer, no idea after that.
    |Kaad|Warrior|Protection|The Milk Drinkers|Runetotem|US|

Quote Originally Posted by Akeber View Post
    I've never seen a pet ice blocked. They are not valid targets for that ability, and can't chain it either. Keeping pets off the boss for no reason is a loss of DPS.

The only worry about pets on this fight is during phase one, when there is a danger of pulling extra mobs.
    I've actually got more updated info on that, seems that ghouls can be ice blocked or at the very least link the ice blocks. If I could get some cooberation on that it would be great as I'm going off my observations and what a few of my guildies have told me.

What addons u have ?? cos I see its not normaly action bar can u tell me ?

Please can u tell me, whats addon's u use ?? COs that's Action Bar wasnt Blizardish Plx tell me fast TY

"Cider does a great job, read more at Tankspot.com.
    However, he forgets to mention, or maybe he hadn't encountered it yet. The off-tanks on the adds can (and will) be IceBlocked while tanking the adds. We handled this problem by assigning a pally healer dedicated to healing just the OT to compensate for the Iceblock. It worked well, and we were happy rolling around in our epic loot.
    Best of luck!" I just posted this on youtube for those curious.

As everyone else has mentioned, my guild and myself owe a lot to Project Marmot, Cider, and Tankspot.

I don't mean for this to be a "bash post", but it was an issue that kept wiping the raid and you didn't mention it in the video.

Also, I believe pallies and mages can bubble/iceblock out of the iceblock (eh, kind of ironic).

One last hard lesson learned, the heals to those in iceblocks MUST BE STRAIGHT SINGLE TARGET HEALS. HoTs will not work, or at least they proved not to work when we downed him last. Silly druid kept throwing rejuvination on the targets thinking that it would work.... it didn't.

So those are some lessons I've learned. Hope it helps. Besides that, fantastic video, fantastic project, couldn't/wouldn't have been able to even step foot into Naxx without this site and its contributors.

Keep up the good work
    Never underestimate the butterfly, especially if he's in epix ;D
    Healing Priest to Tanking Druid, bear with me here

Quote Originally Posted by Zuqi View Post
    Please can u tell me, whats addon's u use ?? COs that's Action Bar wasnt Blizardish Plx tell me fast TY
    All of his addons can be found under the Forums section
    Never underestimate the butterfly, especially if he's in epix ;D
    Healing Priest to Tanking Druid, bear with me here

Hey, has anyone noticed Kel'Thuzad using a new ability? I'm not sure how or what happened, but last night I was main tanking him in the middle and on two occasions during the encounter he flung me across the room, once to be back and to the left, and the other time I was thrown through him and behind our Melee dps. Recovered rather quickly from both but it's still puzzling because I can't find any information on the 10, 25, or 40 man encounters of him throwing the top aggro. It only happened to me as well, at about 84% and the next was 32%. Any ideas?

More likely a MC player did a knock-back on you.

It was only 10 man though, if I understand correctly he only MC's on 25man?

Quote Originally Posted by Salvior View Post
    It was only 10 man though, if I understand correctly he only MC's on 25man?
    Correct.

+ Reply to Thread