+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Naxxramas Kel'thuzad

These films are perfect!!
    In my guild you either watch them or don't get in the raid. Thanks a ton for everything you do for our WoW addiction.

<3

hi Ciderhelm i will just like to say thank you for all your hard work u have done for us all. You have helped me soo much. Im the Gm of my guild and the MT and the RL so i have soo much to do with your movies it makes my life much ezyer i can see your film and just tell my guys what to do but most of the time they know what to do after they see your movie. Love your work

Alen

PS: How many healers do u think i need for this right now i have pally,shamy,Preist they are very good and im happy with them is 4healers litil 2much?

Thanks for creating all these videos. We went in and 1 shotted sapp & kt in 10 man last night, and for most of us, (including myself who was tanking) it was our first look at the fights. I have to say they seemd super easy... it took much longer to explain the strats than to kill the boss. But these videos are excellent visual quality, cover all the important points and are very engaging.

Looking forward to killing malygos this week! What a beautiful instance

What Addon is that!?

Hey it's me Saelis, just asking you Cider. What addon is that one that fixes up the messyness of your ui. As you can see the black bar, that arranges your chat text, and your bartender? Please reply. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Saelis View Post
    Hey it's me Saelis, just asking you Cider. What addon is that one that fixes up the messyness of your ui. As you can see the black bar, that arranges your chat text, and your bartender? Please reply. Thanks a lot.
    read: http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/41095-ciderhelm-ui-information.html

Last edited by Wollie; 12-24-2008 at 08:04 AM.

Thanks for the great vids they are very helpful,

as a side note, it is possible for a DK to survive void zone with magic shield

ty tankspot for showing the vids and strats great help to lessen headache from gm's vent... encouragement

going to be trying 25man kt soon, as a resto druid elemental or feral tank/dps am i immune from the MC effect? poly seems the most thought of cc for this encounter but will a formed druid be immune to that, needing specific cc types? (banish, hibernate etc)

lol not sure of a reply but tyvm for the vid

^^ in the 25man vid posted later on, you see a oomkin get what looked like hunter trapped, then feared as its "cc"

What Addons?

Dear Ciderhelm,

I enjoyed watching your videos it helped my guild a lot in progressing through Naxx. One question though, what addons did you use during the making of the video's. It would help me a lot. Thanks

Thanks for this Vids. My guild jsut started Naxx 10 men
    yes casual raiding
    only sahphiron and this guy left.
    Very nicely explained.
    props!

hey cider, mind telling the list of songs u used for the 25 man raid song? i know one of em sounds like a batman theme. The first one song dat went there caught my ears..

OT Frost Blast Warning

In the 10 man encounter, if your group decides to have the OT tank the Guardians then the healers should be warned that the OT is not immune to Frost Blast and could get stuck in the iceblock while tanking. If not healed through it quickly the OT is going to die releasing a lot of 'clothie pwning madness' on the raid.

Ciderhelm UI

I've never seen a thread by ciderhelm where nobody asked that.
    Here you have everything, and most of it explained :b
    A bit new with teh posting here, but I'll try to link this correctly:
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f120/...formation.html

Can't thank you enough.

Our guild just finished Naxx-10 tonight and the Project Marmot videos helped us out a ton. When someone just didn't "get" the fight, we directed them here and instantly showed progress in the next attempt.

I love how the videos are vocally narrated. It makes it much easier to actually watch what was going on during the encounter while listening to Ciderhelm's advice rather than taking your eyes off of the encounter, reading someones typos hidden behind horrible techno music, and not really getting much out of it.

Very awesome job on the videos and the entire Vae Victus guild on Sisters of Elune thanks you.

Kel'Thuzad

Like most other people here, I really appreciate your videos. I have become the raid leader for my guild and they are very helpful.

We tried KT this past weekend in the 10 man for the first time and had the same issue with the OT getting ice blocked while tanking the adds. Will this happen in the 25 man?

OT can get ice blocked, only KT's main target doesnt get hit by it, which should be you in anycase.

quick question about KT though. if you bring in a heavy melee group (more like full melee dps) how do you work them in with the ice blocks? On our KT kills we've only had about 3-4 melee so we just form a triangle or diamond to prevent ice block chains to the tank. But with 25mans or more melee, how do you guys handle it? from what i've thought so far i have a couple of options:

1) just keep having 3-4 melee on KT with the other dps hanging back and using what ranged dmg then can give (which gimps dps bad especially with the pseudo enrage timer from the adds stacking buff)

2) split the melee groups in 2 and keep them on 2 points of the triangle, hoping for a chain heal/CoH to do enough healing to keep em up from ice blocks.

suggestions please?

Quote Originally Posted by Crispus View Post
    In the 10 man encounter, if your group decides to have the OT tank the Guardians then the healers should be warned that the OT is not immune to Frost Blast and could get stuck in the iceblock while tanking. If not healed through it quickly the OT is going to die releasing a lot of 'clothie pwning madness' on the raid.
    Let me add something I found helpful...I didn't see if it's in the video since I don't have sound here at work; a good precaution against a Frost Blasted Off Tank is to place Vigilance on the off tank; it reduces the damage they take from the Icecrown Guardians and if they spam high threat moves (which they SHOULD be doing), the 10% threat you receive should place you second on the Guardians of Icecrown's hate list in case the OT drops.

If they are soulstoned or you have a druid with a rebirth, the OT can then pick them back up or someone else can safely pick them up without them instagibbing your healers, or the MT can tank both of them along with Kel.

I love the videos, but was wondering what mods you are using as a prot warrior? Thanks

Here is our KT video with achievement if it helps anyone with timing or positioning.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNq9gz9Z2Io&fmt=22]YouTube - Off Tanking Kel'Thuzad in Naxxramas in High Def Definition plus Achievement[/ame]

Hi, I want to thank you these great videos, it helped a lot me and my guild understand how the fights work.

We did all four wings of Naxxramas 10 men, only Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad left, and guildies working on they're frost resist gear for Sapphiron.

I have one question here, (Naxx10) should the entire raid or at least the MT use frost resist gear on Kel'Thuzad? Because he have the multiple target frostbolts and the nasty single target frostbolt. I know that the single target frostbolt can be interrupted, but if his frostbolts can be resisted, frost resist gear can help a lot, am I correct?

Thanks for the reply, and continue the good work!

+ Reply to Thread