+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Project Marmot Video Listing

In my raid guild we only count progression through 25 man raid encounters as progression. Yes I take a group through 10 man naxx and os because there is gear to be won but most of these fights dont get hard until you try OS 10 man 1d and Maly. But most of 25 man bosses actually require someone to know what they are doing to be sucessful at downing the boss. I am happy that I am in a guild that only judges 25 man content. And once we down Maly 25 man we are in the top 10 alliance guilds on the server I play on.

And thanks ciderhelm the vids helped us down sapp and kz only took 6 hours on kz over 2 days and 600g in repairs and flasks

I didn't know where to post this, but i'm a fairly new tank, never raided before wotlk and i was wondering which addons to download to make things easier ... So far i have omen, bartender4, scrollingcombattext and deadly mobs ... Any other suggestions ? TY

my def is 540 and health is at 19894 what do i need ta do ta get rdy ta tank nax mind u im a prot pally my guild is counting on me so any help is appreciated

WTB recommended Ulduar raid progressions

With most of the nerfs now in place, you shouldn't need to skip Ignis. Here's the general order:

Flame Leviathan, Razorscale, Ignis, XT-002 Deconstructor, Kologarn, Iron Council, Auriaya, Hodir, Thorim, Freya, Mimiron, General Vezax, Yogg-Saron

Bosses 2-4, 5-6, and 8-11 on the list can be done in any order.

I think it would be great to update this for Ulduar even without knowing the exact best progression order. Just to have all the movie links in one place--it can be easy to miss one as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Allara View Post
    With most of the nerfs now in place, you shouldn't need to skip Ignis. Here's the general order:

Flame Leviathan, Razorscale, Ignis, XT-002 Deconstructor, Kologarn, Iron Council, Auriaya, Hodir, Thorim, Freya, Mimiron, General Vezax, Yogg-Saron

Bosses 2-4, 5-6, and 8-11 on the list can be done in any order.
    Even with the nerfs, my guild still has some trouble with some bosses. The list at the start of this thread is definitely the progression as far as ease.

Flame Leviathan, Razorscale, XT-002, Kologarn are all fairly easy and even my limited guild can almost consider them on farm.

We haven't tried Ignis since the latest nerfs, so maybe he is easier now. We've only downed the Iron Council once, and that was on a night of 9 tries.

How is Auriaya compared to the council?

Auriaya is King Maulgar of WotLK - pull is 90% of fight after that fight is pretty much trivial. (speaking about 25 ofc - she's easy in 10 man due only 2 adds)
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

Quote Originally Posted by Mookey View Post
    Auriaya is King Maulgar of WotLK - pull is 90% of fight after that fight is pretty much trivial. (speaking about 25 ofc - she's easy in 10 man due only 2 adds)
    Quite right, we 2-shot her on our first attempt last night. First try our Elemental sham pulled her with the totem and didn't get all the way out of LOS. It was fun to watch!

Cider - Just a bit of feedback on the movie itself. For people who are brand new to raiding and don't know where anything is, it would be helpful to show video of how to get into the raid instance while you're introducing each one. In the video now, there is footage of Kel'Thuzad's room while you're describing how to get to the Vault of Archavon, and you show the Nexus area while describing how to get to the Obsidian Sanctum.

The directions provided in the write up are very clear, and there isn't any confusion on where to go to get to each instance. But in terms of film continuity, it would be helpful for those visual learners out there to see the approach to the instance zone-in while you're giving the directions in the voice-over.

When is this going to be officially updated with 3.2 targets? Perhaps even a less than certain placeholder suggestion of recommended order of kills would be better than nothing. In fact I thought there was already a placeholder suggestion in place and that's what brought me to this thread.

I need a Ulduar recommended progression list for my guild. Any idea past FL>XT-002 for a group new to Ulduar?

FLame levitian
    Xt Razor and Ignis
    Kologarn and Iron council
    Aurylia
    Thorim
    Hodir
    Mimiron
    Freya
    General
    Yogg
    Algalon

Quote Originally Posted by Tanksforus View Post
    FLame levitian
    Xt Razor and Ignis
    Kologarn and Iron council
    Aurylia
    Thorim
    Hodir
    Mimiron
    Freya
    General
    Yogg
    Algalon
    What bosses are optional? We went in and killed FL and XT. Did not try much else. Just messing around.

Easy mode:
    Siege of Ulduar
    1) FLame levitian
    2) XT Optional: 2.2 Razor and 2.3 Ignis
    Antechamber
    3) Kologarn Optional: 3.2 Iron council
    4) Auriaya
    5) Keepers (recommended order is from right to left in difficulty, but kill order of them doesn't matter, however for start some people will argue that Freya is in fact bit easier then Thorim. You have to kill all 4 keepers to unlock gate to get to last bosses in Ulduar, tune your progress accordingly. Also have in mind that if you did Auriaya and don't plan more progress in Ulduar, killing 3 Freya's keepers will give you 3 aditional badges which is great for early upgrades)
    5.1) Hodir
    5.2) Thorim
    5.3) Freya
    5.4) Mimiron
    Descent into Madness
    6) General Vezax
    7) Yogg

Road to Algalon:
    hardmodes:
    1) Iron council
    Give first quest item to most active raid member, move to other side - opposite of Iron Council place - just one trash mob there. Do the quest, go back to quest giver and take quest to get sigils from 4 keepers.
    2) Hodir
    3) Thorim
    4) Mimiron
    5) Freya
    6) Algalon
    Mookey | GM of <RISE> Xavius [EU]

Quote Originally Posted by Mookey View Post
    Easy mode:
    Siege of Ulduar
    1) FLame levitian
    2) XT Optional: 2.2 Razor and 2.3 Ignis
    Antechamber
    3) Kologarn Optional: 3.2 Iron council
    4) Auriaya
    5) Keepers (recommended order is from right to left in difficulty, but kill order of them doesn't matter, however for start some people will argue that Freya is in fact bit easier then Thorim. You have to kill all 4 keepers to unlock gate to get to last bosses in Ulduar, tune your progress accordingly. Also have in mind that if you did Auriaya and don't plan more progress in Ulduar, killing 3 Freya's keepers will give you 3 aditional badges which is great for early upgrades)
    5.1) Hodir
    5.2) Thorim
    5.3) Freya
    5.4) Mimiron
    Descent into Madness
    6) General Vezax
    7) Yogg

Road to Algalon:
    hardmodes:
    1) Iron council
    Give first quest item to most active raid member, move to other side - opposite of Iron Council place - just one trash mob there. Do the quest, go back to quest giver and take quest to get sigils from 4 keepers.
    2) Hodir
    3) Thorim
    4) Mimiron
    5) Freya
    6) Algalon
    Thank you. This is the most detailed layout I have found yet.

Recommended 10 man raid progression:

All bosses up to Mimiron. -> Northrend Beasts ->

FL, XT hard mode. ->

Vezax, Yogg. ->

Other hard modes.

Where would the normal TOC fit into this? We downed Northrend Beasts after Mimiron. When should we shoot for Jaraxxus, Twin Valks, etc?

questions

ok im a kitty druid.i was wondering if for raiding should my off-spec be boomkin or tree?some of my friends and guildies say boom but others said tree.help plz?also if anyone could give me a good list of gear for both specs and a like for a good build tht would be rlly sweet.
    edit: did i even post this in tight place?!

Updated the listing!

Healer UI

Is there a way to get a copy of the healer's UI that is being used in the video's. It is really nice, neat, and compact.

+ Reply to Thread