+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Project Marmot Video Listing

TYVM Hichris I will try pitbull and see how I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoz View Post
    What gear level does the raid have to be made up of, i have done some work on my gear and last night my buffed health was 30750. I have crafted some pieces, rep rewards and heroics.

Now we had some brand new level 80s go in that were in quest rewards some t6 gear, we got MERKED to say the least. Our 1st boss was patchwork, we lasted 10 seconds the druid was the off tank and he kept getting owned from Hateful strikes, im guessing this is down to the healers to keep him up but they were going oom very quick, so i guess they need to be geared for this fight. We tried with me as the OT to eat the strikes this went a lot better but the druid took that much burst damage from Patch that he lasted like 30 seconds, he was at about 23k health. So we called patch and tried for the 1st spider boss.
    This is complexed fight, we looked at strats on the web and some said different things and was confusing a lot of people. We gave up after 3 attempts, it was a big wake up call to us and we need to gear up fast i feel.

Would love to see videos on these two fights if possible cider

ty for help
    I know this post is not the newest any more, but I still feel I have to comment.
    Basically, you did one mistake: engage Patchwerk as your first encounter. Patchwerk is one of the few gear-checks in Naxxramas and is a pure dps- and healerrace. You cannot succeed this boss if a) your dps is to weak and b) your healers are to weak. I expect you to play in a casual guild meaning you are not SWP equipped and therefore do not yet meet the requirements for the Patchwerk-encounter.
    As Ciderhelm postet I would recommend engaging Anub'Rekhan as one of the first bosses in Naxx. I myself am raidleader in a casual guild (raiding about 3 times a week) and most of our members were t5-equipped in TBC (sadly we started t6-content one week before 3.0.2). This equipment + some blue quest-/dungeonrewards and few crafted items was fairly enough to kill Anub'Rekhan first try. We cleared the arachnidquarter on our first raidevening (it does hardly request good equipment - most bosses are only about the right tactics and a little practice - a huge thanks to ciderhelm @ this point for the great tacticguides!). I also consider Noth and (especially) Heigan fairly easy encounters - assuming you know and understand the tactics (Heigan's tactic is as known from TBC: step out of the fire, except it's not fire but green acid).

And again thanks Ciderhelm for the great guides. Sadly enough most of the people in my guild do not speak/understand English fluently and therefore I cannot post your guides in my forum. Nevertheless I often refer to your tactics/tips for the encounters.

-Scave-

Awesome guide!

Quick typo...Archavon.

I've updated this list with a 25-man raid progression list.

//edit: Actually, I've just redesigned it all as a 10/25 list.

Very nice guide. As a guild who never stepped into Naxx before these guides are amazing. Yesterday we cleared the spider wing and killed Noth. Today we cleared the Plague Wing and killed Patchwerk(all 10 men). Thx for putting the effort in this project and hopefully see a lot of more videos in the future.

Cheers,
    Finw

to all you new tanks that think 10 man patchwork hit hard your in for a very rude awakening when you try him on 25 man. since as a pally tank I'm able to keep holy shield up at all times I acted as the Hateful sponge...and holy shit. The hateful strikes are thrown every second for the duration of the fight at the 2nd and 3rd aggro spots. each hateful was hitting me for around 25-30k. which means that even though you have 3 tanks taking the blows your getting hit for an average of 27k every 3 seconds. It is a fight that relies entirely on your healers ability to throw big heals and have the MP5 to keep throwing them throughout a 6 min fight.

to all your guilds that are starting Naxx 25 or are already in and are making your way to the Construct quarters, good luck to you. And for all you guilds that are still working your way through Naxx 10, enjoy you time and gear up well!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hichris View Post
    It is agrivating, to see so many people whine and complain, calling it the "Fail of the Lichking." Yes, there are several guilds now, who have burned through the content already, but what do those guilds have in common? I'm banking on the fact that most of them have been playing for a long time now, have made a habbit of trying to be the very best... heavy Theorycrafters... And probably above all else, expert raiders who learned how not to stand in the fire.

My thoughts on this though is, Wrath has more stable content, stable lore, and high quality content than BC did, and its not mind numbing, and dull like the Plain old wow content. I'm thinking that, with only so many instances avaliable, that in later patches, there will be harder raids, more challanging, complex, and Epic fights.

The possibilities of the Arthas fight alone is mind boggling... I could only imagine having an army of really PO'd NPC's from Arthas' campaign, of people he's hurt, betrayed, his kingdom he destroyed.

For hardcore players, don't despire, there will be a challange, I'm almost positive. For the regular joes, like me, who havn't gotten many chances to raid yet, waiting for slow levelers, and what not, They've made intro raiding a lot easier... and I imagine starting naxx will be nothing like Starting kara was. (Raise your hand if you were booted in early BC from kara groups for having a blue item equiped?) And thats all these raids really are. A way to introduce you to their newest concepts of raiding. I mean, fighting on Dragons? Thats pretty awesome!
    This Quote might come late but your ALL wrong. Naxxramas is a retardcheck. I myself created a guild with a good druid friend of mine, we cleared naxxramas 3days after the guild had been up, first night we pwned spiderwing, 2 from plague quarter, and patchwerk. And wen't on from there the last night we had only grobbulus, gluth, thaddius and frostwyrm lair and we did it all. Even managed to go down Sartharion the same night. And we had people with 1heroic epic, 2 players (me and the MT) with almost full heroic/badge/reputation epics. That doesn't change the fact that Naxxramas is a RETARDCHECK.

Naxxramas is easy those guilds wich struggle with the spiderwing, read tactics, get information about the bosses, the fights are mostly that the TANK knows what to do (in 10mans). Get the tacs straight work out some own tactics? and pwn the damn bosses..

And Ciderhelm I want to thank you very much your videos has been very helpful, I've watched almost every single video and we have gotten the bosses down. We are on Malygos atm 35% struggling with the dps (even with every other content cleared than naxx25 and malygos10/25) We just can't get the core players to join the raid at the same night :/

Normal casuals or serious casuals (two or three raids a week thing) will probably be in for a rude awakening as they walk into Naxxramas, not bothering to get a food buff, any flasks or having spent serious time on their gear.
    This post made me laugh a little bit. My guild is one of those so called "casual" guilds. We typically raid 2 or 3 nights a week. Kel'Thuzad down, day 2 in naxx.

This is most likely not the correct place to post something like this of course, but replying in a different thread to a comment made in this one makes even less sense, no?

Ciderhelm your videos made my job as a raid leader much simpler over the course of the last two nights, wonderful job on them. I'll be keeping my eye out for 25 man variants of the videos.

Quote Originally Posted by daryth View Post
    Ciderhelm your videos made my job as a raid leader much simpler over the course of the last two nights, wonderful job on them. I'll be keeping my eye out for 25 man variants of the videos.
    Those are the 25-man variants of those videos as well. None of the encounters are different enough to warrant separate videos. Check the embedded notes at the beginning of each movie for info on 25-mans.

First of all, kudos to the guys at Tankspot and Ciderhelm in particular for the great videos. Our guild did not get to see all of Naxxramas pre-TBC (we only cleared 2 wings) and I found them both informative and very clear.

Our guild recently regrouped just a bit before WotLK and once we had enough 80's, we did the following:

10Man

Arachnid Quarter.
    Razuvious.
    Sartharion.
    Archavon the Stone Watcher.
    Construct Wing, Plague Wing and so on.

By the time we did Obsidian Sanctum we already had 2 raids doing 10Man, and that experience has been very valuable in starting 25Man and downing bosses in a reasonble amount of time. There isn't that much a difference between 10 and 25, and only a few adjustments need to be made.

Regarding the "push over" factor, I think that's just silly. We are not having a hard time at all (our raids are a mix of more dedicated players and a few "casual" players that are in rotation) but there are some smaller guilds on our server that are having difficulty even with 10Man Naxx. I think bringing Naxx back has been a smart move, as it gives you a great opportunity to learn / improve basic raid concepts and gives everyone the chance to try out all PvE content. I don't think Naxx is a "retardcheck". I think of it more as a learning process. Some of our newer members started playing WoW during TBC and just PvP'ed / 5Man'd most of the time, so they never really had the chance of trying out raid encounters. This is the first time they are raiding, and the progression curve is helping them tune their playstyle and and for them it has enough balance to both be fun and rewarding.

Once more, great job Ciderhelm and keep up the good work!

On an unrelated topic - I've noticed in all the videos Ciderhelm has a mod that shows when Sword & Board or Overpower procs. Can someone tell me what the mod is or if the functionality is imbedded in WoW? I've looked in the interface and can't find anything that does this.

Stuwart here MT of juggernaut guild. Just wanted to say thanks for the video's and explanations they are great. We started raiding naxx last week and we have the spider and plauge wings down and Instructor Razuvious. Awesome video's guys keep up the amazing work!

Eagle,

2 mods that'll show procs depending on how you configure them are Mik's Scrolling Combat Text (think that's what Cider uses) and Ghost:Pulse.

Thank you for these videos. Having never done Naxx 40m, the strategies you've provided have significantly sped up the progress of my guild.

I've failed the wintergrasp raid with a pug. Almost all the dps was UNDER 1000 dps. The other tank and 1 where on top of the charts with a few half decent dps.

FYI, a lot of the links in the original post are broken - they're missing the /f206/ part.

Quote Originally Posted by shiz98 View Post
    FYI, a lot of the links in the original post are broken - they're missing the /f206/ part.
    Thanks. I'll manually go through and fix this.

Hey guys, I am new to tanking since WotLK as a Paladin I was a raid healer for a long time, and then for awhile went to Ret. I decided to give tanking a try and am really enjoying it!

I have also loved your movies and guides.

One little thing I would love to see on here with the videos.
    Would be awesome for those of us that are just starting out in Nax to maybe sort the bosses by the wing they are found in, and maybe even by the normal order they are encountered. I for one was lost looking at the list not sure where to start. I have since been in one time as an OT and it was a lot of fun, I still can't tell you what wing or order they are.

I am hoping to brush up and hopefully get 1-2 more times as OT, but hopefully be able to run my own group soon!

Thanks for all the amazing info and help keep up the good work!

Niobewun, Turalyon

people who all complain about how easy this is lol try the next Heroic without readin tactics discover all the boss tactic yourself and see if its a challenge for you

anyone able to point me in the direction of a tactic vid for sarth with drakes up ? on 10 man ?

ta
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

+ Reply to Thread