+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Obsidian Sanctum Sartharion

I went to a half-PuG the other night that was keeping two drakes (Tenebron + Vesperon) alive. We killed Tenebron without much trouble, then half the raid got wiped out from a combination of Twilight Torment and a Fire Wall while Vesperon was around 40%. The remaining 14 pressed on, thinking it would be fine if they could down Vesperon. They managed that and slowly worked on Sartharion, but after (what felt like ages) a while one of the healers says "Did Sartharion just enrage?" over vent.

I didn't think too much of it since as far as I knew he didn't have an enrage timer (DBM doesn't have one, dunno about Bigwigs) but shortly after the entire raid started getting hit by Pyrobuffet. Ultimately we wiped on Sartharion's "10% enrage" when the huge wave of adds come.

I'm not sure what his exact hard enrage timer is, but he certainly does have one. Our attempt lasted around 16.5 minutes and the highest Pyrobuffet debuff stacked to 8, so he was enraged for a while before the damage became unhealable.

/first to die to Sartharion's enrage

3 drakes

Lets say i left the drakes up and started the raid encounter. What would happen if you down the drakes but some reason u fail to kill sarathon. Will everything reset when you come back.

A guild mate of mine watched this video and was wanting to see the fight from the ranged perspective... so I made this video.

Warning: I do swear in this near the end...

Also, sorry for the poor quality.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY8VnKDmkBg"]YouTube - Sarth no drakes, 10 man OS[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by IceHaus151 View Post
    Tenebron is the 1 you want to leave up if you are only doing 1 drake up. His buff is only shadow damage (get out of the void zones) and with good DPS you can down him before the 2nd welp wave comes.
    Thanks...That what we did on 10-man OS last night. We fought on the back half of the island. The 4 DKs in the raid all popped Army of the Dead when the Tenebron came in and the Shaman in our group popped Bloodlust. Once Tenebron was down it was easysauce.

Any recommendations for Sarth +2?

that gutman guy should get an achievment for that :P

Obsidian Sanctum

This will be my first 10 man raid other then VOA I will go on.
    What kind of abilities do the 3 Drakes have?

We attempted Sartharion on Heroic with Tenebron up last night. It was going easy pie until we ran into some severe glitches. This might just be a Bladefist thing, but during the fight the Fire Walls would just dissapear as soon as they flare up, leaving the raid to guess where they're coming from. Sometimes we would even be in the safe area and still get nailed. We wiped quite a few times because of this. Half of the raid also suffered a tail swipe from Sartharion even though his tail was nowhere near the raid.

The glitches made it so bad to the point where we just had to go kill Tenebron normally. Even during the simple fight of Sartharion alone, he would keep summoning Fire Walls well before he was supposed to, and they were still glitching. Not to mention the adds that Tenebron spawned we still active.

It was not fun at all, lol.

The flame walls were changed with 3.1, so they kind of "surge" up from the floor over and over. They are no longer solid and they no longer stay up at their full height all the way across.

You really have to pay attention now.

They way it happens though and it's erratic movement tells me that it's a serious glitch and not so much intentional on Blizzard's part.

I have done this on Normal and heroic and in both encounters the Fire wall IS GLITCHED. It does not disappear and reappear, if you are in the path of the wall and it disappears you WILL still take wall damage. Another way to tell is it shifts in and out of view rapidly like bam bam bam in out in out. This is another tell that the wave graphic is having issues during it's rendering.

I noticed the glitched wall also. But the big thing I noticed is at 50% health he turned away from tank for no reason! I thought somone accidently taunted him away or drew aggro, so my instinct was to taunt back. Then it got all crazy. But looking back on it, it made it fun.

I have a video of it....
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IZy8lIZk1Y"]YouTube - Sartharion Misbehaving[/ame]

He turns at 50% health right when he gets hit by a chain lightning, but you can see on Omen, our shaman wasn't even top 3 on the threat meter.

Whoot

Thanks for posting this vid had a bit of a time finding the right spot for myself and my DPS. Gotta admit though i get chawed on for charging him so i head to the right on my mount and in mid leap hit my heroic throw. Land in the perfect spot everytime. Thnx Cinder.
    GLORY BE TO THE NAME OF PROT!

Tanking Position

Hi there!

I was just wondering, where is the best place to tank Sarth? I tanked him once toward the edge and found I kept getting hit by the flame walls. I've had several different opinions as to where to position him but some more would be nice.

Best place to tank Sarth is loweer left hand corner of the island, this allows you to easily move to avoid fire walls.

Does anyone have a vid of a OS+1 kill? I've done it several times, but my OT hasn't, and I wanted to show him the fight ahead of time.... anyone?
    Lady Raid Leader. Fear teh pally!

+ Reply to Thread