+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Obsidian Sanctum Sartharion

Quote Originally Posted by Ugall View Post
    Would you be able to post a video some tips and such like you currently do with strats on how to do it with all or some of the drakes up I would like to do this on 10 man mode. so Im open to suggestions such as grp make up and dps, tank, and healer requirements
    My group goes back in tomorrow for Sarth + 2 drakes (10 man). I'll probably be filming it for the luls anyways. Could probably post it up here.

Basically I found the fight (once you add drakes), becomes more about control than ripping the drakes a new asshole (although that makes it easier).

Woot! 9 manned him last night for our guild's first shot at him. Drakes were pie, and Sarth himself was nice and fluid, but it did take us 3 tries. Try number one, excitement got the better of us and just got a bit overwhelmed at the final set of adds. Second try, I (the MT), managed to get a few adds on myself, stressing the healers a tad. Ontop of that, I got pushed into the lava :P. Third attempt was textbook and quite fullfilling having gone in on pretty much a whim and 9 manning it.

DK MT(myself)
    2x Feral, one was OT.
    Boomkin
    2x trees.
    Hunter
    Arms War.
    Melee Sham.

I had to roll vs the 5 druids for the gloves, I lost, lol. Looking forward to dipping into Naxx this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Ugall View Post
    Would you be able to post a video some tips and such like you currently do with strats on how to do it with all or some of the drakes up I would like to do this on 10 man mode. so Im open to suggestions such as grp make up and dps, tank, and healer requirements
    http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f126/...kes-video.html

Doesn't have tips and tricks in the video itself (audio-wise), but I do explain things in the thread there.
    Xav
    Formerly Xavastrasz
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    control+c control+v amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnuss View Post
    Hell no, its Xav, he is gonna type that bitch till his fingers fall off.

Xav, suggestions on the 25 version would be appreciated as well. Guild is starting to work on that and I wouldn't mind reading up on any ideas you may have.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Tnx a lot for the video did it 2 days ago only one wipe after 2 healers DC. Will try with 1 add up next week if we can. Your video rly helped a lot, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by maexio
    but the Adds were very difficult to pickup as a Warrior tank (I felt).
    Put Vigilance on the MT and taunt away.

I think the drakes around him can be dealt different :P the first (on the left) only 1 tank and healer need to enter. rest can stay out and dps. On 2 only aoe or non enter and rest/all nuke boss. on 3 drake all dps and a healer and a tank enter.

We are trying out Sartharion with one drake this week, but i sat around to think about future tries, namely 3 drakes.

Now, everybody keeps throwing "50k hp" around, because the damage on the main tank is potentialy devastating. But i am assuming that this is for 25 man? Should a 10 man tank try and reach this amount of health aswell?

Tomorrow we will try with one drake up, and i am thinking about having Tenebron alive for the fight (whelps). Is this a good place to start out, or would you suggest another drake? When trying the two drake fight, which do you keep alive?

We tried one drake up (normal difficulty) tonight. Our mistake was leaving Vesperon as the one. His -25% health debuff to all raid members proved to be too large for us to overcome. Tenebron seems to be a good starter drake because the +shadow damage aura he gives would have less of an impact than the +fire damage aura Shadron gives Sartharion.

I made a video of the Heroic : Twilight Zone (Sartharion 25 with 3 drakes up) achievement:

[ame="http://files.filefront.com/overload+sartharion25hmavi/;12924465;/fileinfo.html"]overload_sartharion25hm.avi - FileFront.com[/ame]

Drake tank PoV.

edit: the streaming version has been removed (don't know why), you'll have to download the movie if you want to watch it ... :/
    Last edited by juggernauth; 01-22-2009 at 08:37 AM.

on the thrird drake with the welp spawns we dont even go in the portal our MT is on drake with all dps and OT is on welps. burn down the drake quick and the welps go away. that seems to be the easiest way for us in 10 and 25 man.

Has anyone done this since the patch? Has teh general strat changed at all? Who do you put on Sarth? I was the one we were using on Sarth for my DK CDs, but with those being somewhat nerfed, is there a better option or does it just require more coordination? What are other DK tanks doing in order to burn there blood runes? With Sarth going immune, the only thing I can think of is putting a blaze on me, but im not so sure about that either. What kinda DPS is this going to take to do? Thats my real big question as I think I can manage my CDs and our raid should have enough to cover me, but has the DPS requirement changed?

This is in reference to Sarth 3D.
    I cast the spells that make the people fall over.

We only 10-manned 3D Sarth yesterday, fought our way to the
    "gonna go when the volcano blows" achievement in 25 (lying on the ground dead ^.^ ).
    We used a Druid Tank with fire resistance, but I think a DK is also possible
    with the cooldown cycle thing, saw a graphic for this somewhere.
    I don't know the DK mechanics myself very well sorry.
    Don't think a Warrior can do Sartharion itself now in 10man because
    it takes too long downing Shadron/Vesperon (would need like 2-4 shield walls).

Oh and the twilight torment debuff still ticks after you killed Vesperon AND
    his disciple, don't know if this is intended or not but it makes the fight
    after Vesperon a lot harder for the healers especially.

I wanna suggest this. In the video at one point it said you couldn't down the drake with the eggs. My guild was running this raid 10-man. It really depends on what kind of tanks you have. We ran it with a paladin main tank(MT) and me, a druid off tank(OT). Well when we got to that drake with the egg portal. We tried it a few times, then said. ok druid tanks are good for single mob targets, lets switch places. we tried that. With those eggs, our healers burnt so much mana with no dps on the boss, so we were like, ok 3 ranged dps, will AoE, the adds that come with the portal, and it downed the boss quick

is there a guide for sarth+1 10 man? cause we're wipe city on this fight right now.
    Melissa Theuriau is not a marmot.
    Armory

How much does the FR gear really do for you in the 10 man version of the fight? Is just a pally aura good enough? I have some FR gear, but I'm dipping below 540 Def when wearing any of it. I hate to re-gem just for this fight. Thanks in advance!

If you are referring to this fight without any drakes up, no fire resistance gear is necessary to kill Sartharion. He does have a pretty vicious breath, but depending on your healers, and your health, he's very easy.

Generally he can be downed shortly after hitting lvl 80.

We are going to attempt +1 tonight. Since the regular version with no drakes is such a trivial encounter now.

Sarth +1 Drake

Can someone give me a feel for which drake is best to leave up for Sarth +1? Is it Vesperon and the eggs?

My guild is getting ready to give this a shot and I'd like to have a firm plan of attack rather than flail around aimlessly and deal with a lot of wipes.

Thanks!

Tenebron is the 1 you want to leave up if you are only doing 1 drake up. His buff is only shadow damage (get out of the void zones) and with good DPS you can down him before the 2nd welp wave comes.

Tried Sarth with Tenebron up last night, and it was Fail city.

I think my guilds main problem was placement. Several of us had done Sarth + Tenebron on Heroic, (My guilds MT was the Heroics MT and I was OT for Heroic as well as last night) so some of us knew the placement, but we still couldnt' do it.

It really boggles my mind, I don't think anyone was to blame so much as maybe just seriously unlucky.

+ Reply to Thread