+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Heroic Stratholme Drake Run

Pally and DK tanks are great to bring to a time CoS run their conc/d&d in the second gauntlet ensures that no adds will go straight for healer or other squishies

P.S. If you can make it past the first gauntlet in 15 min. you are making reasonable time.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTemplar View Post
    From a lore perspective, the Infinite Dragonflight seems to be trying to to the right thing, but a lot of the things they were trying to stop could easily have been worse for Azeroth in the long run. For example:

Black Morass - yes, it would have averted the invasion of the Horde, but it would have left Azeroth fragmented and vulnerable to the Burning Legion. The Horde were their tool, not their sole means of attack. The Horde inadvertantly made Azeroth stronger by unifying the Humans and their allies against a common foe.

Old Hillsbrad Foothills - Without Thrall to bring the Horde in it's present form together they would have either continued to languish in prioson camps or would have become footsoldiers of the legion at Mt. Hyjal.

Culling of Stratholme - If Arthas didn't start down the path towards becoming the Lich King he wouldn't have been responsible for Illidan causing a schism within the Legion and for wresting the Scourge away from the Legion's control. This would have made the victory over the Legion at Mt. Hyjal much harder if not impossible.
    This ! The infinite IS evil. In BC they tried everything for the Burning Legion to win the Battle @ Mt. Hyjal. Without the Horde/Thrall Jaina, the NEs would never have been able to defeat the legion.

thx to CrimsonTemplar 4 the Stuff about CoT4, I just could not figure out what their evil Plan behind stoping Arthas from becoming the Lich King was.

The Infinites: i just donīt want to beleave that i should kill another leader of a dragonflight... ... "he went insane, now go kill him..." so i donīt want to believe that Nozdormu is the leader of the infinite... i just hope that the infinites are just another one of neltharions creations (like the nether and the chromatic) ^^

Health

About how much unbuffed health should you be runnin this as. I assume between 26-27k. As a FROST DK. I have 29.4k hp unbuffed. But I was just wondering what health you should be running this instance at. It could've been the healer or maybe just me. We couldn't get this. Just Wondering. Thanks.
    Everyone: Dude! I've never seenz a FROST DK Tank B4Z!! WOW!
    Me: Hmm...Too many Unholy tanks have saturated the market...

Couple of things i wanted to point out about this instance.

If your tanking, during the gauntlet once you feel that you have enough of an aggro lead and the elites are going to die before they pull off you, head to the next one. I do it as soon as my charge is up. 15 seconds is plenty of time for me to output large amounts of threat and the elites should be atleast down to a 15% of their health by them.

Pace yourself during the second part of the gauntlet, unless your fairly well geared its dangerous to pull too many. This is one place that you might not want to charge ahead since the mobs are a little more numerous here and since the acolytes are about the same size as the zombies you might miss them. Make sure to watch for them and use your thunderclaps.

Having a shaman in the group for mal'ganis is awesome. Tremor totem will basically break sleep effects. Bloodlust/heroism during meathook and than save it till the drake boss. I know its tempting to use it on the 3rd boss if you have more than enough time left on the timer, but trust me saving bloodlust is a good idea incase someone dies during the gauntlet.

Quote Originally Posted by AriesFrost View Post
    About how much unbuffed health should you be runnin this as. I assume between 26-27k. As a FROST DK. I have 29.4k hp unbuffed. But I was just wondering what health you should be running this instance at. It could've been the healer or maybe just me. We couldn't get this. Just Wondering. Thanks.
    I would say you should be fine assuming you are defense capped which leads me to this little story.

My mains a warrior tank but I have an alt healer also. I see a group looking for a healer for a timed CoS run yesterday and as it was the daily I thought I might as well give it a shot.

We have a DK tanking (high 20's HP), a DK, Moonkin and Mage as our DPS and myself a holy priest The World of Warcraft Armory

We set off and right away I notice that the tank is taking a fair bit of damage and I am thinking to myself this might get ugly from Meathook on. Anyway we are moving along at an ok pace but I am having to go all out on heals just to keep the tank alive and I am thinking that there is something wrong here so I ask the tank if he is defence capped for heroics, his answer is no but working on it. I was floored, how a tank can run any heroic let alone a timed drake run and not be at the cap blows my mind and if I had know earlier I would not have gone with them.

However, seeing as I was there and we had 2 bosses down by this time I figured I would treat this as my own little achievement so we pressed on. The mage died to a group of adds summoned on the 2nd boss and the tank died to a wave of elites just before the 3 rd boss but I was able to rez and buff before the next group, those were the only deaths although there were plenty of close calls. To cut a long story short we did kill the dragon for the drake with mere seconds remaining but good lord that was tough going.

As for DPS, the DK was pulling around 2200, the moonkin and mage around 1700 each

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    For anyone interested I'll be editing together a similar guide from a Paladin perspective soon (hopefully later today).

I've already got the full fraps, I just haven't gotten around to the editing yet.
    where is the pally one?

you should disarm that time shift boss b4 he does the timeshift, i find it quite helpful in preventing all that random damage done.

Please note that any pally should be able to one shot many of the risen zombies with a simple holy wrath...

Been doing this for the last week with a few friends so we all get the mount.

Fastest set-up was probably Paladin tank, Paladin healer(me), 3 x Mage. A lot of the instance is undead so both pallys just used Holy Wrath whenever possible.

Easiest set-up was 5 Paladins. We were all on skype and after about 3 pulls we had a nice cycle of holy wraths going to keep the undead mobs stunned and allow even the healer to dps. If I ever needed mana I just asked for a lay on hands and everyone could off-heal if anything went horribly wrong.

9 minutes left was our record with everyone doing about 3k dps and having quite lucky spawns at the beginning.

Kill Rotation

Hey guys just wanted to add that a good kill order is necros/devouring ghouls/lowest hp

Devo ghouls b/c they eat corpses and it refills some of their health sometimes quite a bit, so the fewer corpses around the better

This is the rotation I have used and have since got at least 10 different people the drake GOOD LUCK HOPE THIS HELPS AND WAS NOT POSTED BEFORE

Addon Question: I have the Squeenix minimap addon. For a while it worked fine, but now it doesn't show the next group(little white flag on minimap). Anyone know/using a different minimap addon that shows this? Or maybe if the default minimap does it, an addon that lets you move it. Thanks

Sexymap shows it fine, very sexy addon as well
    Your ad could be here.

Thanks! I'll give it a try

You can do the gauntlet without Arthas

I know you might be saying, "what in the world is this noob talking about?" However, it works! After you take the "short cut" you can skip Arthas and start grinding through the gauntlet and head directly for the mount boss.

It's been speculated that this reduces the number of mobs. Only downside to skipping Arthas is that after you'll need to go back and do the gauntlet again.

Lastly, to squeeze out a few more seconds if your really tight you can have your tank pull the mount boss down the hall a ways as he will return to his original position before de-spawns.

Hope this helps!

Pheloneus
    The Gift of War - a fun-loving guild on WoW's Undermine server

i got mine the frst time there EVER god i LOVE MY TANK warrior that is =)

+ Reply to Thread