+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Heroic Stratholme Drake Run

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    If the timer runs out while you are fighting it, the boss will start walking towards the portal. You still have some seconds to burn him.
    Yesterday the stupid scaped at around 30k HP, but well, it was an awful run
    This just happened to us! We had him under 10% when the timer expired.

In the future, we're going to pull him a little further from the portal if time is close. We'll get him tomorrow though :-P

Hey cider what add on do u use to see what he is casting or is there a way to move the wow interface one further down? as i would like to have that for the Nax boss also :-)

As far as infinite dragon flight vs. Bronze etc, I think you pretty much have the right of it. They went to go back in time and right the wrongs, but that of course would screw up history and change the world, and be morally wrong or something, so we have to go in and preserve our history.

We are Time Cops.

The initial hit of carrion swarm cant be relfected, but the dot can be. Reduces a little damage taken on the tank

Thanks for the guide.

Meathook

I believe people are making Meathook seem a bit more difficult than he actually is.

The maneuver that he does that really hurts the group the most is the constricting chains. These however can be line of sighted.

This isn't optimal when you have heavy ranged, but it's ideal for healers. Since without the 4 second stun from the chains you shouldn't have any issues keeping people up. If you stack on him you take the disease cloud, which also is not optimal.

We usually pull him to any corner, whether it be the entrance to a building, a corner of the wall, or a cart that blocks line of sight.

The tank moves parallel to the wall creating the corner and backs up past the corner keeping Meathook on the other side. The healer stands around the corner.

The healer is in line of sight of the tank and can heal without worrying about chains. Typically AoE healing will keep up the other party members taking disease, or a ranged taking chains.

From my experience as a resto shaman, not being hit by chains makes the fight rather trivial. Hope that helps anyone that feels they may be having trouble on this fight. It also removes the dependency on HoTs.

The third boss, whose abilities you referred to not knowing in the video, does the following:

Curse of Exhaustion - Doubles the cost of spells and abilities for 8 seconds (can be dispelled)
    Wounding Strike - Hits for weapon damage (i.e. normal melee), 25% healing reduction, Bleed DoT. 4 second duration, tank only.
    Time Warp - Slows down time for 6 seconds, increases cast times, reduces attack and movement speed by 70%. He also hits 3 party members in quick succession.
    Time Stop - 2-3 second party wide stun.

Also, I was wondering how hard the run would be with no raid gear? This looks like something we can work on while waiting for the whole of our raid team to make it to 80.

unit fram

i was just wondering where you got your unit frame. ive been looking all over for a frame like that.

it's good to note that if you don't run with more than 1 range dps meathook is gonna cause problems. he will randomly "chain" a ranged enemy which disables them and deals about 8k-10k damage over a short duration. If it chains your healer, the tank will probably take a lot of damage and die.

Another note is that the zombies cause some sort of mana burn because whenever they hit my healer repeatedly (stupid dps didn't keep them off of him) he ran oom retardedly fast.

So how do you take down meathook with only 1 range or no range (ala only your healer?)

Tank him so that you are in LOS with your healer but your healer is out of LOS of meathook. this will protect your healer and effectively yourself. We didn't figure this out until numerous wipes so.... no drake for me =(

edit: doh noticed Jenkah already mentioned this.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

The timer thing's been changed I think, or at least the ticking clock at the top of the screen. We engaged the infinite corruptor with 5 mins to spare, and upon contact, the screen timer disappear. Since we downed him 1 minute later, we didn't have a chance to test if he would walk into the portal after the timer count downs to 0. Can anyone verify this?

What irks me is the amount of RP elements in the event that wastes so much time. Most of the time, the last gauntlet, ie. burning strat, requires non-stop moving and clearing to compensate for all the time wasted on RPing and waiting for packs of mobs to spawn. Clearing that gauntlet fast enough is a big key towards success.

Our group just burned through this place earlier tonight. All three of our dps (fury war, unholy dk, ret paladin) were pushing 2500+ dps. We ended up with about 4 minutes left on the timer at the end. I can only imagine how easy this will be when people really start gearing up with Naxx 25 gear.

Currently I'm sitting on top of Mal'ganis' chest with an open GM ticket. The chest bugged out on our whole group and nobody could open it. Anybody else had a similar issue? I'm wondering if it's somehow related to the timed run since all my other regular and heroic runs of Strat have worked fine.

Holy ... that thing is tiny, Vern.

it's only tiny because he's in storm peaks near the Female Viking town.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I'll be putting one of these together for a DK PoV as well. If massive failure didn't occur I'd have the full fraps already.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. -Seneca
    Everyone marvels at a square egg, but only the chicken understands the PAIN.

re

Quote Originally Posted by Erja View Post
    Currently I'm sitting on top of Mal'ganis' chest with an open GM ticket. The chest bugged out on our whole group and nobody could open it. Anybody else had a similar issue?
    Yeah our drake run last night had a similar issue. Two of the people could open the chest. Three could not. We got the gear but lost our badges. I have a ticket open also. I am not expecting the badges. But figured it would be good to report the bug.

The spots where you need to talk to Arthas to trigger events are as follows:

1. Just inside Stratholme to start the waves event and turn everyone into zombies.

2. Just inside the town hall to initiate the Infinite Dragonflight event.

3. After defeating the Infinite Dragonflight boss to open up the passage behind the bookcase

4. At the end of the passageway out of the bookcase to start the final 'gauntlet'.

5. At the end of the gauntlet in Market Square to intiate the Mal'ganis encounter.

Obviously, if you're doing a drake run, you don't want to talk to him the 5th time, instead just run past and take out the Infinite Corruptor.

As to the lore (because I'm bored); during Dragonflight you get a quest called Mystery of the Infinite, where Chromie asks you to go to the bronze dragonshrine and divine the identity of the leader of the Infinite Dragonflight. At the end of this quest, none other than Nozdormu, the missing leader of the bronze dragonflight. According to Wowwiki, he has been MIA since the Infinite Dragonflight appeared. As such, it seems reasonable to suspect that Nozdormu is the leader of the Infinite Dragonflight.

Mind you, I don't know a huge amount about lore, so I could be wrong.

Did this yesterday and the day before no problems, still 3-5 minutes left on timer when we get done with the corruptor.

Group setup was:
    Prot Paladin (Myself)
    Resto Druid
    Elemental Shaman
    BM Hunter
    Frost Mage/Destro Lock

Only part we thought could be bad was Chrono-Lord, and the shaman just BL's our way thru it, downing him in ~40 seconds. Meathook is a joke with a resto druid, and if he got chained and I was getting low I'd just Divine Protection, Trinket (if it's up) and the shaman would help heal, though usually I've got full HoT's all the time.

In the area (gauntlet) right after Chrono-Lord, simply know what your limits are, and don't pull too much. Many of the pulls you can probably pull 2 or so of the groups, but it may become stressful on your healer if you pull lets say one of the Abombs, the spider group and a few ghouls...may start to get stressful.

Either way, this run is made insanely easy with a paladin tank simply due to the snap threat on undead mobs so DPS can start before I even begin to pull.

Best of luck guys, hope you all get your drakes!

~Kalagar, Sen'jin US

Picked up the drake for myself last night. Group make up was Prot War (me), Blood DK, Combat Rogue, Hunter and Disc priest. We had one death at Meathook and another on an elite pack but other than that ran fine with 3 minutes left to kill the boss.

Oh and the mount is small compared to other drakes.

Yeah, there is a scaling issue with it...looks kinda funny, especially when transformed as a viking chick. Ironically on the same run I got mine, I dinged exalted with Wyrmrest so I got bronze and red the same night and the red drake is bigger.

I've made the timer twice. A third try didn't pan out because of low DPS with a weaker group but we still cleared the zone.

Its pretty straight forward. Keep moving, use spell reflect alot (on Malganis I tend to use it on his Mind Blast) On Salram(sp?) you can beat his ass fast when you throw 10K shadowbolts back on him. Don't be afraid to burn CDs when you have to. Tell your healer to catch their breath and throw up your self heal and a trinket or SW. Blow everything on the 3rd boss and you can DPS him down before he whirlwinds.

I did it with 3 melee DPSers(DK, TG warrior, rogue-resto shammy's chain heal was huge here) on our first attempt and smoked it. It was difficult to hold aggro on EVERYTHING but a worthy challenge.
    your hat may be nice, but I have the little white tank top that says Legendary right across my boobs. I win. (or more correctly, H wins)

Did not read whole thread so this may have been mentioned already but the one thing that made the difference between getting drake or not on my first successful attempt was using the mini map properly. About 5 seconds before they announce where the mobs are the dot will show up...if you start running immediately you can be half way there before the zone yell comes through. Shaves about a minutes off your run over the course of the instance and for your first try that 1 minute is huge.

+ Reply to Thread