+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ciderhelm's Spec / Gems

Ciderhelm's Spec / Gems

I had been planning out my spec for 80 for a bit, but when I dinged today I decided to check around and see what other people are specing. I looked up Ciderhelm on the armory and was a little surprised at what I saw.

A small thing was no puncture in prot, but I get that with the ridiculously high amount of rage in regular instances, let alone an infinite rage scenario on a boss.

The first big thing was no 5/5 cruelty but instead 16 points in arms for deep wounds.

The second big thing I noticed was the gemming for AP.

So is this just his aggro gear gemmed and specced for threat? He probably doesn't have two sets of gear at this point, is he MTing with this setup or is it something else?

I would never try to speak for CH. but i would bet he is trying new specs and switching out gear like all of us should....I probably have respecced a dozen times since 3.0.

edit more

Speccing into a cookie cutter build that some fathead on the forums says is the best without trying others is IMO irresponsible, boring and sheepherdish. (new word?)

Quote Originally Posted by Brucimus View Post
    sheepherdish. (new word?)
    I think you prob meant sheepish - a shepherd leads whereas the sheep are the ones being led
    Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

Check out this thread for an explanation of his current build. Cruelty is probably one of the poorer damage talents compared to AttT and Impale. With a slower weapon with higher top end damage, deep wounds might end up being a viable option. I guess the jury is out on that until someone can do the maths (I wouldn't know where to start).

Quote Originally Posted by Tobius View Post
    I think you prob meant sheepish - a shepherd leads whereas the sheep are the ones being led
    Except that sheepish has a completely different meaning.

My build will have 2 points in Cruelty soon. Just from looking at damage spreads where I'm gaining 7% or more of my overall damage from Deep Wounds, I'm also sure that those 3 points are better spent than the last 3 in Cruelty. (For Heroics, at least)

I'll have some videos up soon.

As far as gems/enchants, we don't have maxed professions in guild yet. I take the Stamina gems available even for mixed slots, so AP comes as a result of not having other mixed Stam patterns available for those sockets. Bear with me on those. I'll be picking up Tuskarr's Vitality and a couple others once they're available.

Ok that makes sense on the gems. I was wondering if I was missing something on the AP, I know talents had benefited from them in various stages of beta but was pretty sure they were all changed before 3.0.

I had not even considered a spec like that, so I am glad I looked around at other peoples' specs.

Cheers

+ Reply to Thread